Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What kind of Christian would Jesus be?
Catholic 2 4.88%
Baptist 1 2.44%
Pentecostal 1 2.44%
Evangelical 4 9.76%
Eastern Orthodox 0 0%
Oriental Orthodox 0 0%
Anglican 2 4.88%
Mormon 3 7.32%
Presbyterian 0 0%
Other 28 68.29%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:33 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,563,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
He also believed you had to become Jewish to be a follower of him. All people who became followers who were not Jewish had to be circumcised and that meant becoming Jewish to be his follower.
How do we know this?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,505,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You realize those are mans words and not Jesus'. Jesus never ever discriminated or seperated. You have the wrong concept of who He is.

When you come to know God's Truths instead of mans, you will understand Jesus.

BTW, Jesus not once showed anger. If He did, He would have went against everything that is Divine. And, God is the judge, not Jesus. Jesus is a son of God just as you are.

And how do you come to this assessment? What is your source for this?

Mine is the Bible. What's yours?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
When he entered the temple grounds and turned over what all the sellers were selling he certainly was angry and incensed at the activities. He certainly was judging.

He also believed you had to become Jewish to be a follower of him. All people who became followers who were not Jewish had to be circumcised and that meant becoming Jewish to be his follower. It was not until Paul that followers could become part of the fold and not become Jewish. He was the one who preached to the gentiles and that is what caused the split with Judaism. He was the one who said one need not be circumcised or follow the law.

Jesus was a teacher for his people the Jewish people, not the gentiles.

In what verse did Jesus say that?

Old 03-24-2010, 02:13 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,007,697 times
Quote:
When he entered the temple grounds and turned over what all the sellers were selling he certainly was angry and incensed at the activities. He certainly was judging.

He also believed you had to become Jewish to be a follower of him. All people who became followers who were not Jewish had to be circumcised and that meant becoming Jewish to be his follower. It was not until Paul that followers could become part of the fold and not become Jewish. He was the one who preached to the gentiles and that is what caused the split with Judaism. He was the one who said one need not be circumcised or follow the law.

Jesus was a teacher for his people the Jewish people, not the gentiles.
Here is the incident given from one of the apostles. You do with it as you will. He did not show anger, He raised His voice so that all could hear. Remember, Jesus was sinless so showing anger is not one of God's attributes and most certainly not one of Jesus' as He was a Divine being and had the same attributes of God's.

Jesus entered with us, and stayed silent for a while, observing the chaos, the noise, animals bellowing, people screaming, clients haggling with dealers, humble people with scared looks, a tremendous tumult. And then he took the word, hollering to dominate the commotion with his voice. And suddenly, there was all silence. Those were the famous words: "It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves." Jesus didn't mince matters, he uttered openly what he thought and felt. And what had to happen happened. People got angry. A great uproar arose. Everybody knew that Jesus was right, and they let off their steam over the salesmen. Jesus didn't incite that incident, but his words certainly unchained the feelings, which until then had been restrained in the people's hearts.

The House of Annas had Jesus watched very closely during a long time, provoking him, but they could not find any pretext to put him into jail. But this was too much! This meant his definite death sentence, no matter how they could arrange it.
Why did he do this? Well, there comes the moment in each one’s life, when one must find hard words, when one must pronounce himself clearly, with all severity, in order to be true to himself and true to God. Jesus knew the risk, but he was not afraid. It was the maximum Jewish authority pretending to spiritually guide the Jewish people. How could he have disregarded what was happening before his eyes? No, he did the correct thing, but he had to suffer the consequences. No, they did not put him into jail. No, they did not do anything, for the moment. There was no pretext under which it would have been possible to arrest him. He had not uttered anything but the truth. He had not participated in the riot. We could leave the Temple area without problems.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
And how do you come to this assessment? What is your source for this?

Mine is the Bible. What's yours?
Channeled messages from Jesus Himself. Thousands of them. A lot more than is written in the bible. And no, they are not from the devil or demons or anything of the like. They are from the real Jesus. His return was in the early 1900's and He has been leading our church since that time. It matters not what you think as I have been ostracized enough on this forum for giving the true source. I am proud to be a follower of Jesus and His reiterated messages and I will stand by Him and His words no matter how many times I'm made fun of for it. He is Love and He is my teacher and He shows us what is true and what is false concerning His life on earth. If you knew the true Jesus as I know Him, you would know without a doubt that He could never be angry at anyone or anything. He is Love.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:16 PM

20,397 posts, read 12,694,519 times
The OP shows a complete lack of understanding of who Jesus was & is. Jesus is God. He is the head & owner of the Church (true believers). When He returns to earth, He will gather the Church to Himself, & we will be with Him forever. Praise God!

Old 03-24-2010, 06:35 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,503,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The OP shows a complete lack of understanding of who Jesus was & is. Jesus is God. He is the head & owner of the Church (true believers). When He returns to earth, He will gather the Church to Himself, & we will be with Him forever. Praise God!
As the man himself might well say after reading that... "Oy, vey!"

Old 03-24-2010, 07:29 PM

20,397 posts, read 12,694,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
As the man himself might well say after reading that... "Oy, vey!"
Here is exactly what He will say (from Jesus' own words):

"Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world."

Matthew 25:34

Old 03-25-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Channeled messages from Jesus Himself. Thousands of them. A lot more than is written in the bible. And no, they are not from the devil or demons or anything of the like. They are from the real Jesus. His return was in the early 1900's and He has been leading our church since that time. It matters not what you think as I have been ostracized enough on this forum for giving the true source. I am proud to be a follower of Jesus and His reiterated messages and I will stand by Him and His words no matter how many times I'm made fun of for it. He is Love and He is my teacher and He shows us what is true and what is false concerning His life on earth. If you knew the true Jesus as I know Him, you would know without a doubt that He could never be angry at anyone or anything. He is Love.
Channeling? You do know that the Bible speaks against such things dodn't you? So I think you might be able to rule out Jesus being the source of your info.

So the the Word of God is irrelevent to you?

The same Word that Jesus Himself revered?

Matt 5:18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Channeling? You do know that the Bible speaks against such things dodn't you? So I think you might be able to rule out Jesus being the source of your info.

So the the Word of God is irrelevent to you?

The same Word that Jesus Himself revered?

Matt 5:18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."
Of course I know what the bible says about channeling. I used to read the bible. You can rule out Jesus as my source. I will not.

The bible is irrelevant, Not God. God is within us and if we look outside of ourselves, we will never find Him no matter what books we read. He is not in the bible, He is within you. Seek and ye shall find.

Jesus did not rever the bible as it stands. He used some of the OT for teaching. What was not attributed to our Father, He discarded. He didn't use the NT because it was not created. And heresay from the book of Matthew is not Jesus Himself speaking. Find the book of Jesus in your bible and I might consider what is being taught as truth.

The Law is the Law of Love. That is the Law I follow. Jesus gave those commandments, remember? Do you follow them? If so, then you would know that Love does not judge nor boast nor discriminate. Love is equal no matter what one believes or where the information comes from. Love is above all and fulfills all the Law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality