Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
This goes to the atheists. When it comes down to it. All that matters is what I think not you. Thats right, what you think matters to you but has little to no value to most others. There is nothing wrong with believing in a higher power or God as long as you are living an honest life. Same goes for those that live an honest life but dont believe. Thing is, if Im wrong I have nothing to lose. If your wrong...well If I were you I would pray that your not wrong.
Athiests have every right not to believe as we have every right to believe. Things will be sosrted out in the spirit world. If you follow the teachings of Jesus, you will know that Love is what you are commanded to do and be. You cannot love if you "preach" that one is less of a child of God just because you don't agree. We are all children of God. We all have a path. He is no respector of persons and He loves all unconditionally. Can you say the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 AM

260 posts, read 548,772 times
Quote:
This goes to the atheists. When it comes down to it. All that matters is what I think not you. Thats right, what you think matters to you but has little to no value to most others. There is nothing wrong with believing in a higher power or God as long as you are living an honest life. Same goes for those that live an honest life but dont believe. Thing is, if Im wrong I have nothing to lose. If your wrong...well If I were you I would pray that your not wrong.
ah yes. the all loving god will torment your soul in hell for all eternity if a person does not do what god says. sounds like the kind of deity that deserves worship and praise.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Well, you'd think after all that praying and believing you are free to go home.

How do you know your God will reward the act of merely believing him? Maybe he was testing your blind faith. Since you always wanted others to go to hell all your life, he might just send you to hell.

Also, there are many Gods in the world, you only believed in one of them. Other Gods will send you to hell for believing a wrong God. You think you've picked the right God, but by doing so you have offended other Gods.
I dont want anyone to go to hell. I honestly think if there is a hell, it is reserved for the truely evil people and not people who just didnt believe or did pety sinning.

Same goes for other Gods, if they exist. I dont think Any God or diety would punish a person if they didnt know of them or didnt know more than what society has given us. Do you really think every person knows about the Christian version of God? I dont. And if anyone thinks they are bad people, well. I feel sorry for them.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Athiests have every right not to believe as we have every right to believe. Things will be sosrted out in the spirit world. If you follow the teachings of Jesus, you will know that Love is what you are commanded to do and be. You cannot love if you "preach" that one is less of a child of God just because you don't agree. We are all children of God. We all have a path. He is no respector of persons and He loves all unconditionally. Can you say the same.
WHoa, never said they were less than anything. I thought I made it clear that we were equal. As long as you are living an honest life. I dont care if someone believes or not, that is their decision and I respect that, but I do require that same respect.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg420 View Post
ah yes. the all loving god will torment your soul in hell for all eternity if a person does not do what god says. sounds like the kind of deity that deserves worship and praise.
Never said anyone would go to any sort of Hell. THink about it like this...

Imagine your mother told you that your father left before you were born and filled your head with all sorts of hogwash about him being a deadbeat or a loser. Over the years you develop a hatred or disliking of him. Fast forward 25 years and one day you run into him and discover that it was your Mother that left him and denied him access to you. Or that he never knew you existed.

wouldnt you feel pretty bad? You were wrong about him bur because of the garbage that someone else filled your head with or because you came up with your own conclusion.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,600 times
Christianity & slam will disappear as surely as the gods of Asgaard, Ancient Egypt & Olympus did.
People believed in those Gods for thousands of years, just as some people believe in Chritianity today.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
WHoa, never said they were less than anything. I thought I made it clear that we were equal. As long as you are living an honest life. I dont care if someone believes or not, that is their decision and I respect that, but I do require that same respect.
"If your wrong...well If I were you I would pray that your not wrong."

That is what I was refering to. False beliefs will be reconciled in the spirit world. For all we know, we could all be wrong. What if your wrong or I'm wrong. False beliefs are only corrections to be made as well as sins.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
"If your wrong...well If I were you I would pray that your not wrong."

That is what I was refering to. False beliefs will be reconciled in the spirit world. For all we know, we could all be wrong. What if your wrong or I'm wrong. False beliefs are only corrections to be made as well as sins.
Its called inner turmoil or regret. If I didnt beleive in someone or something and it turned out to be true, I would have lots of regret.

He as far as we know the show Stargate could be right. Aliens could be posing as our Gods and enslaving humans on other worlds. Maybe there is a real stargate on the earth and the military uses the show to cover up the truth.

Honestly, Who knows? Nobody. So, dont stress about it. This is a great example of someone who claims to be God fearing...you dont know anymore than anyone else on the subject so dont stress and fear the unknown. Except it.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Its called inner turmoil or regret. If I didnt beleive in someone or something and it turned out to be true, I would have lots of regret.

He as far as we know the show Stargate could be right. Aliens could be posing as our Gods and enslaving humans on other worlds. Maybe there is a real stargate on the earth and the military uses the show to cover up the truth.

Honestly, Who knows? Nobody. So, dont stress about it. This is a great example of someone who claims to be God fearing...you dont know anymore than anyone else on the subject so dont stress and fear the unknown. Except it.
No worries here. I don't stress over not knowing as I am open minded. I can't wait to die to see what the next phase brings. I know it can't get any worse than this planet so no, I'm not stressing, just enjoying the ride.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I think the word fear is this context is better understood as "respect". When I was a child, I respected my father's authority. I knew he loved me & (now) I understand he would have given his life for me. On the other hand, I "feared" his wrath when I misbehaved.

At least your real father would light you on fire and toss you in hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality