U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:13 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Not your neurons. That's why you can remember more than 7 years. Brain Cells Don't Regenerate

sorry, but your theory is fundamentally flawed.

As for reincarnation itself, I've heard some good stories but have yet to see actual proof.
so what do you think you are -just a brain-well God bless you my freind

well thats another part of Gods perfect design so we can remember while traped in these bodys-do you realy think theres nothing more than the physical world

-and this knowledge is thousands of years old-actually billions -Handed down bye God Himself-Vishnu to the first created being Lord Brahma then through a disciplic succsession it was remembered for years then before tha age of kali-yuga started it had to be put into written form bye the sage Vyasa 5000 years ago because mans memory degenerates in the age of kali-yuga-you have no idea whats goin on behind this world.

Last edited by dobeable; 03-26-2010 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM

100 posts, read 125,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
Okay, so I am one of those people who has no idea what to believe when it comes to religion. So, I take my own approach. I say humans screw up more than they do right. However, when it comes to religion nobody really knows. I have gone from Catholic, to christian, to Mormon, to nothing, back to christian. Its mostly because I like learning about religions and what better way to do so than to get fully involved in them. Anyways, to my point. Most Christian(Christ) based religions often refer themselves as "God-fearing". I dont understand why? Why would we want to fear a god that we also pray to to give us guidance and peace in our lives? Cant we just praise whatever God we do and love them? Why do we have to fear God? I have lashed out at God on many occasions and I am still here and the blessing keep coming. Heck, I have even cussed God out before and nothing happened. I think God can handle it. If God cant then well maybe they he isnt cut out to be a God.

So give me a reason why I should "fear" God?

Oh, and the whole putting God before family and friends...not just no, hel no. By putting my family and friends first I am putting God first.
God ALWAYS comes before anything, everything and everyone!

Why fear God? cause he is the only one who can toss you in hell.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 AM

1,779 posts, read 2,038,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teagal View Post
God ALWAYS comes before anything, everything and everyone!

Why fear God? cause he is the only one who can toss you in hell.
I dont fear what I love.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 AM

100 posts, read 125,183 times
Quote:
I dont fear what I love.
1 Peter 2:17
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagal View Post
1 Peter 2:17
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
hmmm honour the king?

Sorry but that is the biggest proof that the bible was written by man and they added parts to control men. The God I believe in, Does not want me to fear him. He wants me to love him, respect him, honor him, and serve him.

To love is not to fear. And because of my faith and love for God, I have no fear.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:09 PM

15,147 posts, read 8,232,056 times
Quote:
hmmm honour the king?

Sorry but that is the biggest proof that the bible was written by man and they added parts to control men. The God I believe in, Does not want me to fear him. He wants me to love him, respect him, honor him, and serve him.

To love is not to fear. And because of my faith and love for God, I have no fear.
Once again, I believe if you check the original language, fear is better interpreted as respect, as in repecting His power & authority.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:43 PM

Im not in the business of re translating the bible. Its been done enough and does not need it anymore. However, in this case I do agree. Fear more than likely means to respect and honor his might. But, I dont feel that people who say they are God fearing understand that. Wouldnt it be better to say God-loving, God-honoring, or God-respecting? Probably not they don't have the dramatic ring to it that God-fearing does.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 PM

15,147 posts, read 8,232,056 times
Quote:
Im not in the business of re translating the bible. Its been done enough and does not need it anymore. However, in this case I do agree. Fear more than likely means to respect and honor his might. But, I dont feel that people who say they are God fearing understand that. Wouldnt it be better to say God-loving, God-honoring, or God-respecting? Probably not they don't have the dramatic ring to it that God-fearing does.
I wasn't attempting to re-translate Holy Scripture. I checked several commentaries on that passage to come to that conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality