U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2010, 11:44 AM
 
1,243 posts, read 1,318,198 times
Reputation: 55

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
shibata,
You just don't wanna get involved with that girl. Trust me...you just don't wanna have the conversation.
You were right. Never again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,447,151 times
Reputation: 258
That girl? That girl was the psychiatry way. I speak in defence of the national concern for healthy working struggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
3,334 posts, read 5,129,258 times
Reputation: 2029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
shibata,
You just don't wanna get involved with that girl. Trust me...you just don't wanna have the conversation.
Yeah, it's like journey with Alice through Wonderland, only Wonderland makes more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,317,021 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
There is no Internet, no computers, and no English language in the bible either, and yet here you are using them.
Internet is primitive indeed compared to what Adam was made complete with!
He had the software for language science programmed into his hardware brain, and was placed in the Garden of Eden, in earth's heavenly realm, and was visited daily by YHWH in the Person of God the Word, to have fellowship with Him in the cool of the day, before the fall.

From Eden, Adam got cast down and out, to the earth from which he was formed in body, and has no access back to Eden since the fall, lest he eat of the Tree of Life and live forever in his fallen, ruined vessel which was formed from the dust to be a temple for the Glory of the Unseen Creator to indwell.

Now that is what the Word of God teaches us, if we read it. Reading it, we can discover that Noah was commanded to make a "sun" for the Ark, to light it for the year, and so he did, a "bright shining -as the noon", light, to light the interior of the Ark while the sun, moon and stars did not shine for the time of the flood's rising on the earth.

Then, Noah's descendants built a tower which they thought to build up to heaven [to Mount Eden, from where Adam was cast out of] and take over the City of God in Eden, and that caused God to confound the language into broken fragments of itself, and to scatter men on the earth by that division of tongues [which kept dividing from then]; and He also broke the land into fragments, beginning then, to further keep man from uniting in wickedness like that; and He also shortened and diminished the lives of the descendants of Noah who were born, beginning from that time, because of the evil attempted by the "superman like" knowledge, of our ancestors.

We are devolved, decadent descendants of "supermen", who were humbled by our Creator at Babel so thoroughly that we have not recovered the technical knowledge that they had, before and after the flood.

And angels can use microwaves to cook, in the Word; fly without chariots between the temple in heaven and earth -using the electromagnetic fields of the electric universe- and shapeshift to forms of humans when they visit, to mingle with humans to do God's service for them, so says the Word.
We are pretty puny, compared to them, and compared to our ancestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,317,021 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
You were right. Never again.
You asked. I could and did answer. You are complaining about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,695,668 times
Reputation: 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Internet is primitive indeed compared to what Adam was made complete with!
He had the software for language science programmed into his hardware brain, and was placed in the Garden of Eden, in earth's heavenly realm, and was visited daily by YHWH in the Person of God the Word, to have fellowship with Him in the cool of the day, before the fall.

From Eden, Adam got cast down and out, to the earth from which he was formed in body, and has no access back to Eden since the fall, lest he eat of the Tree of Life and live forever in his fallen, ruined vessel which was formed from the dust to be a temple for the Glory of the Unseen Creator to indwell.

Now that is what the Word of God teaches us, if we read it. Reading it, we can discover that Noah was commanded to make a "sun" for the Ark, to light it for the year, and so he did, a "bright shining -as the noon", light, to light the interior of the Ark while the sun, moon and stars did not shine for the time of the flood's rising on the earth.

Then, Noah's descendants built a tower which they thought to build up to heaven [to Mount Eden, from where Adam was cast out of] and take over the City of God in Eden, and that caused God to confound the language into broken fragments of itself, and to scatter men on the earth by that division of tongues [which kept dividing from then]; and He also broke the land into fragments, beginning then, to further keep man from uniting in wickedness like that; and He also shortened and diminished the lives of the descendants of Noah who were born, beginning from that time, because of the evil attempted by the "superman like" knowledge, of our ancestors.

We are devolved, decadent descendants of "supermen", who were humbled by our Creator at Babel so thoroughly that we have not recovered the technical knowledge that they had, before and after the flood.

And angels can use microwaves to cook, in the Word; fly without chariots between the temple in heaven and earth -using the electromagnetic fields of the electric universe- and shapeshift to forms of humans when they visit, to mingle with humans to do God's service for them, so says the Word.
We are pretty puny, compared to them, and compared to our ancestors.
See shibata....did I not speak the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 04:38 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,317,021 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
See shibata....did I not speak the truth?
Uh -no, you did not!
Jesus is the Truth, Himself, and His Word stands, but yours didn't even make it to the gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,317,021 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
There is no Internet, no computers, and no English language in the bible either, and yet here you are using them.
And BTW: the brain is a computer which has never been equaled by any invention of man, and has infinite storage capabilities, unused since the fall. -and English is "Hebrew", only "confounded" all mingled up, since Babel.
The whole world speaks "Hebrew/Edenic", but all the world's tongues are all confounded since Babel.
And as to internet, there is nothing new under the sun, it has all been before, and we live in a dark age of technology since the fall of Babel, and all our technology is primitive according to what has been before.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and [there is] no new [thing] under the sun.Ecc 1:10 Is there [any] thing whereof it may be said, See, this [is] new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. Ecc 1:11 [There is] no remembrance of former [things]; neither shall there be [any] remembrance of [things] that are to come with [those] that shall come after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 PM
 
310 posts, read 489,595 times
Reputation: 259
First of all, YSM, the human brain is NOT hardware. So you cannot compare it to a computer because they are two completely different things. Apples and oranges if you will. Secondly, YOU are the one that brought up the suggestion that things not mentioned in the bible don't exist -- like the rotation of the earth. Frankly, you have a lot of weird ideas that are hundreds if not thousands of years more primitive than common knowledge today. Holding to them out of sheer stubbornness does not help you plead your case at all. Most people on these boards find your ideas laughable and
preposterous. I mean, heck -- even Campbell knows that the earth rotates and orbits the sun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 05:17 PM
 
Location: alabama
200 posts, read 259,192 times
Reputation: 55
Time is relative
Space is relative
Motion is relative

Imagine for a moment that some advanced civilization was there at the big bang and they set off a lasar pulse every second. On this pulse was the was the message "we are sending you a pulse every second". Now, with the expansion of the universe (doubling at an exponential rate) the distance between the pulses would grow. Therefore the time between the pulses would increase.

If a person on earth were to recieve one of these pulses, the time between the pulses would increase. It may be a long time before he recieved the next pulse. Just because the pulse was sent out every second doesn't mean it would be recieved every second.

Time is relative to where you are in the universe. If you are much closer to the where the "event" happened, AKA "big bang" the universe would be much younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top