Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 430 times

Advertisements

Judism only focuses on the old test. Jews do not believe Jesus Christ to be God in flesh and do not believe in the new test., but many prophesies given to the jews in the old test. are brought to past in the new test. but for many reasons the Jewish people don't believe this. The BIGGEST prophesy in the old test. says, that the Jewish people will deny their messiah when he comes, Jesus comes to us in the new test. but it just so happens the jews denied him then and deny him now. Also, yes, the jews WERE God's chosen people but once Jesus came and died on the cross he died not just for the Jewish peoples sins but for the sins of ALL NATIONS, but since the jews do not believe this to be true they still believe to more worthy than any non jew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 10:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
Well Judaism is the foundation to Christianity because Judaism only uses the old testament and the old testament promis us a savior which is JESUS CHRIST.
Judaism does not use the Chistian Old Testament at all...

Old 01-02-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I'm a Christian and could not convert to Judaism, BUT I have a lot of respect for them. They've been tormented throughout history and now they're back in their homeland. That's a very important part of what HAD to happen before the End of Times.

As was said before, they follow the teachings of only the Old Testament. That's one of the reasons they don't eat pork (the thing about animals with split hoofs being unclean).

We also have the New Testament so we don't follow a lot of the Jewish laws. Jesus changed things when he died on the cross for us. The Jews were the Chosen People and it's Biblical that they would not accept Jesus as their Saviour. They're only fulfilling Scripture by believing that Jesus was a Prophet.

I don't know a lot about Judaism, but they do seem very mystical and close to God. I admire them for always bouncing back because they've been displaced and tormented for ages. There's nothing that would be more fascinating to be able to visit with one of them and hear about all the things they believe in. Unfortunately, there are none that live right in my area so I've never had the privilege of chatting with one.
Stop speaking för Judajsm, please....

Old 01-02-2016, 01:01 PM

20,001 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Stop speaking för Judajsm, please....
You are responding to a post from June, 2007. My late wife was still alive (for another few weeks), my Volvo V-50 was brand new, Justin Bieber wasn't even an internet meme yet, Bill Gates was still chairman of Microsoft, etc. So I think it's safe to say she probably already stopped ;-)

Old 01-04-2016, 05:46 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
You are from NY, aren't you? Haven't you been exposed to Orhodox Jews who don't even look gentiles in the eye?

Just as there are extreme Christians who will judge, there are extreme Jews who will do the same. On the other side, you meet hundreds and hundreds of Christians who will never open their mouths about faith. Just as you will meet Jews who do the same.
You are correct. I found the comment from the OP about Jews not being "judgmental" about today's choices, etc., to mean that he/she sees Reform Judaism as what Judaism is all about.

Reform Judaism is more about keeping the Jewish customs alive, but not really adhering to the teaching of the Torah.

As a convert to Judaism, I understand the draw to this religion. Jews do not judge other people, because we understand that God is the one and only judge and what you choose to do in your life will be your burden to answer for. That being said, God DOES have laws and commandments, etc., that are not meant to "change with the times," and God is not down with all the secularism that dismisses His laws. The fact that Reform Jews are okay with these secular changes does not mean that all Jews believe the same way.

For me, I am down with the covenant between God and the Jews and when I converted, I did so with the understanding that my end of the bargain involved accepting the laws of God and following them in order to receive God's blessings and protection. I do not dismiss those laws, but I fail in following many of them and for that I judge myself and know that I will be judged by God.

I wish you enlightenment and insight on your journey of faith!

Old 01-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
You are responding to a post from June, 2007. My late wife was still alive (for another few weeks), my Volvo V-50 was brand new, Justin Bieber wasn't even an internet meme yet, Bill Gates was still chairman of Microsoft, etc. So I think it's safe to say she probably already stopped ;-)
Sorry for your loss...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality