Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would God punish His children forever
definitely 9 24.32%
never in an eternity would He 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:13 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,246,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
A soul is simply, a human life. I did not exist, prior to my birth, and if I die I will cease exist until I'm ressurrected. A human being use their brain to process every though, either subconcious or concious. When a human being dies, that brain, decomposes rendering it useless and non existant, which what happens to our conciousness. Immortality is reserved for God alone. The reason will live forever in heaven is because we will once again have acces to the tree of life, not because we are innately immortal. One of Satan's biggest lies, circulated throught the centuries, is this notion of an immortal soul/spirit.
i just wachted a video about the history of satan on one of the other threads-wow that was eye opening.

right so you think this is our only life-then why are some people suffering alot more than others why are there children starving,being raped and murdered-why wouldnt God have us live an equal life and not have so much diversity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 01:25 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,013,407 times
Quote:
A soul is simply, a human life. I did not exist, prior to my birth, and if I die I will cease exist until I'm ressurrected. A human being use their brain to process every though, either subconcious or concious. When a human being dies, that brain, decomposes rendering it useless and non existant, which what happens to our conciousness. Immortality is reserved for God alone. The reason will live forever in heaven is because we will once again have acces to the tree of life, not because we are innately immortal. One of Satan's biggest lies, circulated throught the centuries, is this notion of an immortal soul/spirit.
Actually, you existed prior to this material life. You chose the body you now occupy and when you leave that body, you will wake up in the spirit world where you will continue your life on the many mansion worlds that Jesus so often talked about.

You will never return to the material world. You continue with your same beliefs, ideas and thoughts in the spirit world.

The soul has the potential to become immortal. Not all choose it. It is only up to you if you want to live for all eternity or not. Only an immortal soul can see God as immortality only comes with Divine Love. If you do not acquire It, you will remain as the perfect man as our first parents were before their fall.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:25 PM

20,427 posts, read 12,725,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
i just wachted a video about the history of satan on one of the other threads-wow that was eye opening.

right so you think this is our only life-then why are some people suffering alot more than others why are there children starving,being raped and murdered-why wouldnt God have us live an equal life and not have so much diversity
There is suffering in this world because we live in a state of sin. The world was perfect before man sinned, & will be again when Jesus brings us the New Heaven & New Earth.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:28 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,013,407 times
Quote:

We suffer because of free will. The unjust and the just alike live in the same place whereas in the spirit world, we are seperated according to our soul condition.

If our first parents had not fallen, we would not see the suffering we see today and, most likely, we would be in Light and Life. This wolrd is not our only life. The spirit world is where the innocent stay innocent and the unjust will have to pay to the last farthing. A good soul will not abide in the same mansion world as a murderer or rapist. No more hunger or pain.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:45 PM

i dont think someone would be punished if they didnt deserve it thats why i beleive in karma and reincarnation- it makes perfect sense.
ive already had the discussion with a few of yas on one of my other threads-WEVE ALWAYS EXISTED-i dont want to go through it again but feel free to look back over it again if yas want

Old 03-30-2010, 01:47 PM

701 posts, read 798,879 times
Quote:

Sin and choice are the answers to why those things happen. I never said though that this was our only life. God does promise eternal life to those that want it. At Christ 2nd coming, there will be a resurrection of those that chose God, and then they, along with those currently living who chose God, will receive eternal life. There is life after death, however it is not immediately after death and life is never absent a physical body.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
i dont think someone would be punished if they didnt deserve it
Who or what determines if they deserve it? Is there a criteria?

Last edited by Horn of ‘83; 03-30-2010 at 02:24 PM..

Old 03-30-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Sin and choice are the answers to why those things happen. I never said though that this was our only life. God does promise eternal life to those that want it. At Christ 2nd coming, there will be a resurrection of those that chose God, and then they, along with those currently living who chose God, will receive eternal life. There is life after death, however it is not immediately after death and life is never absent a physical body.
im sure theres alot of people who had experience with ghosts who would disagree

Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Who or what determines if they derve it? Is there a criteria?
its called karma m8-sometimes it appears that people get away with atrocities in this life but they cant run or hide from God-and instead of throwing them into eternal hell which is an atrocity in itself-they have to come back and face the music-there are billions of planets and billions of bodies we can be born into all depends on how we live our lives-this life will determine our next life until we become pure again-then we will be eligible to enter the kingdom of God-which is a universe in itself

Old 03-30-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
its called karma m8-sometimes it appears that people get away with atrocities in this life but they cant run or hide from God-and instead of throwing them into eternal hell which is an atrocity in itself-they have to come back and face the music-there are billions of planets and billions of bodies we can be born into all depends on how we live our lives-this life will determine our next life until we become pure again-then we will be eligible to enter the kingdom of God-which is a universe in itself
What is the source for this belief? And my name is Jimmie, not m8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality