U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would God punish His children forever
definitely 9 24.32%
never in an eternity would He 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:35 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,933,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And what would that point be? What did He really mean?
how do you know that all them eternal hell concepts were'nt the very things in the bible that were changed bye the romans and the english

why dont you read back over the whole thread and save me from typing the points out again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 12:37 PM

100 posts, read 125,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
how do you know that all them eternal hell concepts were'nt the very things in the bible that were changed bye the romans and the english

why dont you read back over the whole thread and save me from typing the points out again
The Bible gets changed all the time by man! Stop reading those ones.
There is one without a copyright! It hasn't been changed in all the years so why not stick to that one?
I know I do!

Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 PM

15,239 posts, read 8,257,217 times
Quote:

I did. Couldn't find where you said what Jesus really meant by Matthew 25:46. I await your answer.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,137,219 times
Quote:
I did. Couldn't find where you said what Jesus really meant by Matthew 25:46. I await your answer.
What makes you so sure that Jesus actually said that since the NT was written 70 or more years after His death. No one can remember exactly what was said 70 years ago, even with greater intelligence that we have today. Can you even remember, word for word, what was said to you even 5 years ago. Probably not.

Jesus never said anyone will spend eternity in hell. Eventaully, all will become the perfect man or a Divine being. Hell (darkness) will be obliterated by Light.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
What makes you so sure that Jesus actually said that since the NT was written 70 or more years after His death. No one can remember exactly what was said 70 years ago, even with greater intelligence that we have today. Can you even remember, word for word, what was said to you even 5 years ago. Probably not.

Jesus never said anyone will spend eternity in hell. Eventaully, all will become the perfect man or a Divine being. Hell (darkness) will be obliterated by Light.
The Word of God was Spirit-breathed (2 Tomothy 3:16). Memory was not an issue.

The exact dates of the Gospels are not known. Many theologians would disagree with 100 AD date.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:15 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,137,219 times
Quote:
The Word of God was Spirit-breathed (2 Tomothy 3:16). Memory was not an issue.

The exact dates of the Gospels are not known. Many theologians would disagree with 100 AD date.
And do you have any idea what that means? Spirit-breathed is impossible as spirit cannot breathe. The prophets of old used channeling for their insights in the bible. Any means of channeling can be flawed by human minds because spirits have to use the mind of man to get their message out. Those same men can influence the outcome of those "spirit-breathed" messages. THere are great messages in the bible and there are man made messages in the bible. It is through our God fragment within that we discern what is true and what is false. Not everything is of God that is written in the bible.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
And do you have any idea what that means? Spirit-breathed is impossible as spirit cannot breathe. The prophets of old used channeling for their insights in the bible. Any means of channeling can be flawed by human minds because spirits have to use the mind of man to get their message out. Those same men can influence the outcome of those "spirit-breathed" messages. THere are great messages in the bible and there are man made messages in the bible. It is through our God fragment within that we discern what is true and what is false. Not everything is of God that is written in the bible.
Yes, it means God-inspired.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:54 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,933,404 times
Quote:
look jimmie if you beleive what your saying then you beleive that God is worse than satan-

what makes you so sure that you know what He was talking about.

and if you beleive that man has'nt changed the bible over the years then you are completely ignorant of the facts and living in illusion

i didnt make any point about what matthew said i was making realistic points that come from simple common sense but you seem to lack that in your nature-why-because if something goes against your interpretation of the bible, even if its true,you are still unwilling to accept it-this means your knowledge will always be limited and your search for the truth will never be found-and you've made Jesus and His father look pretty bad too-its christians like you that turn people away from God-I hope you figure this out for your own sake.the truth is much more beutifull.

Last edited by dobeable; 03-31-2010 at 03:03 PM..

Old 03-31-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
look jimmie if you beleive what your saying then you beleive that God is worse than satan-

what makes you so sure that you know what He was talking about.

and if you beleive that man has'nt changed the bible over the years then you are completely ignorant of the facts and living in illusion

i didnt make any point about what matthew said i was making realistic points that come from simple common sense but you seem to lack that in your nature-why-because if something goes against your interpretation of the bible, even if its true,you are still unwilling to accept it-this means your knowledge will always be limited and your search for the truth will never be found-and you've made Jesus and His father look pretty bad too-its christians like you that turn people away from God-I hope you figure this out for your own sake.the truth is much more beutifull.
The problem is, you can't provide anything but your opinion. That means nothing to me. Man CANNOT change God's Word! It says EXACTLY what God wants it to say. The truth is God's Word, not your opinion of how God should act. You have chosen to believe a lie.

Proverbs 14:12

12 There is a way that seems right to a man,
but in the end it leads to death.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:16 PM

37,594 posts, read 25,288,180 times
Quote:
Yes, it means God-inspired.
But it does NOT mean God-DICTATED . . . the difference is huge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality