U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would God punish His children forever
definitely 9 24.32%
never in an eternity would He 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:03 AM

15,147 posts, read 8,232,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
i used to be a christian just like you ,was brought up into it at a young age from about 10-18,started questioning the whole eternal hell thing ,wasnt easy when you fear the very thing you questioning-God.
but due to His causless mercy He showed me that their was no eternal hell,its hard for me to explain to you how and my knowledge and wisdom has only grown since-after all its only common sense really.
I'd still be interested in what you believe made you a Christian. The reason I ask is because I don't believe you can stop being a Christian. Yes, you can stop going to a Christian church, but going to church doesn't make you a Christian.

Quote:
although i dont agree on everthing reverend has to say,she does speek alot of sense i think she understrands devine love better than you imo
I understand God's love very well. I thank God every day that He loves me & gave His life for me. On the other hand, I understand God's judgment is coming soon on those who reject Him.

Quote:
although im not a christian anymore dosent mean that i dont beleive or accept jesus for who He is i just dont know enough about Him-o.k He was the son of God but He never claimed to be the Father, do you know who he's father is-i just dont think the bible has enough information on Him there is alot of His life missing from the bible and the bibles been changed over the years and even whole books are ment to be deleted from it.
If you believe & accept Jesus, you are a Christian. I'm confused by your statements. You seem to be saying two different things.

Quote:
all of your posts just seem to be your interpretations of the bible can you not actually tell us what you think do you have to turn to the bible everytime your asked to awnser something-most of the atheists have a better vision of what God should be like than ,well lets say anybody who beleives in eternal hell,because if you beleive in eternal hell then you are taking away from Gods good nature-His mercy,commpasion,tolerance and most importantly His Love-its only common sense
That there is no Hell is a lie from Satan. You would do well to run from such thoughts. Read your Bible! Read Jesus' words concerning Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 AM

4,070 posts, read 4,966,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Don't have time to get into it in depth right this second but both those text are Clearly dealing with adult children, and not speaking from a disciplinary position. These texts do not condone random beating of a defenseless child. In the first text the son is evil, and in the second one he has hit his parents. I know that in the early days of the Israelites God dealt very sternly with his people. A lot of the early Hebrew civil law specific to the times, hence the reason it was only written on paper and placed next to the Ark of the Covenant, however the 10 commandment law was written in stone by the very finger of God, for He knew that would never change and was applicable to all time.
Typical christian response. If a moral doesn't work for you just say it only applied to the time it was written.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:41 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,931,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'd still be interested in what you believe made you a Christian. The reason I ask is because I don't believe you can stop being a Christian. Yes, you can stop going to a Christian church, but going to church doesn't make you a Christian.
well it was probly the same way you became a christian-i asked God into my heart and beleived i was saved-i dont think salvation comes so easy

Quote:
I understand God's love very well. I thank God every day that He loves me & gave His life for me. On the other hand, I understand God's judgment is coming soon on those who reject Him.
thats a big contradiction but i dont think you can see that

Quote:
If you believe & accept Jesus, you are a Christian. I'm confused by your statements. You seem to be saying two different things.
i beleive in Christs existence but i dont beleive the bible is 100%true-Jesus wasnt a christian ya know

Quote:
That there is no Hell is a lie from Satan. You would do well to run from such thoughts. Read your Bible! Read Jesus' words concerning Hell.
again Jesus spoke in parables,if Jesus was here He could tell you exactly what He meant-other than that the bible has been changed my freind so i cant trust it-do you realy want to beleive in eternal hell for your brothers and sisters it sounds like somethin satan would want you to beleive just to screw up your head and not something God wants-whatever God wants will happen so dont worry about it if He wants us all in the spiritual world then we will all get there someday and no-one can stop that

Old 03-29-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
well it was probly the same way you became a christian-i asked God into my heart and beleived i was saved-i dont think salvation comes so easy
Thank you for your answer. Do you still believe Jesus died for your sins?

Quote:
thats a big contradiction but i dont think you can see that
Nevertheless, it is Scriptural (Romans 2).

Quote:
i beleive in Christs existence but i dont beleive the bible is 100%true-Jesus wasnt a christian ya know
Once again, do you still believe Jesus died for your sins?

Quote:
again Jesus spoke in parables,if Jesus was here He could tell you exactly what He meant-other than that the bible has been changed my freind so i cant trust it-do you realy want to beleive in eternal hell for your brothers and sisters it sounds like somethin satan would want you to beleive just to screw up your head and not something God wants-whatever God wants will happen so dont worry about it if He wants us all in the spiritual world then we will all get there someday and no-one can stop that
Do you believe God has the power to sustain His Word, but has not?

Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM

701 posts, read 658,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Typical christian response. If a moral doesn't work for you just say it only applied to the time it was written.
Can you admit that you did not accurately convey what those texts were saying? Christ made it clear that we are to obey the laws of the laws of the lands we live, provided they don't violate His 10 commandments. Why do most atheists seem to only talk about the parts scripture dealing with God's stern side and never address the part that says He loved you so much, He would rather die than see you lost.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Christians live under grace, not the Law. Christ came to bring a New Covenant.

Luke 22:20

20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

2 Corinthians 3:6

6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Hebrews 9:15

15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your answer. Do you still believe Jesus died for your sins?
as i said i'd rather take responsibility for my own sins-if i ask Jesus to forgive me for sinning but then keep on sinning then my sincerity would not be sincere at all

Quote:
Nevertheless, it is Scriptural (Romans 2).
its either one or the other i dont think God would contradict Himself in such a way-just because its written in the bible dosent mean its true especielly if it contradicts the very thing God is-LOVE

Quote:
Once again, do you still believe Jesus died for your sins?
i also beleive in Krishna-does that mean im going to hell

Quote:
Do you believe God has the power to sustain His Word, but has not?
its a fact that the bible has been changed bye emporer constantine and king james

Old 03-29-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
as i said i'd rather take responsibility for my own sins-if i ask Jesus to forgive me for sinning but then keep on sinning then my sincerity would not be sincere at all
How do you plan to do that? Why do you believe Jesus died on the cross?

Quote:
its a fact that the bible has been changed bye emporer constantine and king james
Why do you believe God allowed this to happen?

Old 03-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
How do you plan to do that? Why do you believe Jesus died on the cross?
i plan to reap what i sow be it good or bad

Quote:
Why do you believe God allowed this to happen?
if your tryin to say that it was changed for better youd have to agree that that could be questionable
all them eternal hell concepts could have been the exact thing that was changed bye constantine to keep the people in fear and hold on to his political power

why do you think God allowed it to happen did He not do it right the first time

Old 03-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:

if your tryin to say that it was changed for better youd have to agree that that could be questionable
all them eternal hell concepts could have been the exact thing that was changed bye constantine to keep the people in fear and hold on to his political power

why do you think God allowed it to happen did He not do it right the first time
I believe God used man (as he has many times before) to give us His Word, exactly as He wanted it, without error.

What do you believe was Jesus' purpose in coming to earth & dieing on the cross?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality