Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would God punish His children forever
definitely 9 24.32%
never in an eternity would He 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 AM

46 posts, read 61,152 times

Advertisements

the vomit will be ice cream by the time God get the evil men of the world turned around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 AM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
to say that God created life and invented a system where people suffer, first in this life then forever in the next life really dosent make sense

"forgive them lord for they do not know what they are doing"-Jesus

"love thy enemy"-Jesus

do you think someone who preached to love your enemy would be part of a system that throws eternal punishment on their own children

if the eternal hell concept is true then God is sending people here knowing that they will fail and end up in eternal torment

their is no justice in the eternal hell concept-God is mercifull-mercy is higher than justice

"you reap what you sow"-Jesus
what crime can anyone do to deserve an eternal punishment-maybe a very long punishment but not an eternal one-who could learn from that

to say God has created such a place(and on what day did He create it?)to send people for eternity would be like saying God Himself is evil-infact its like saying He is worse than satan-satan only tempts us but its God who punishes us with so much pain forever-and for what -not accepting Jesus-what about all the people who never heard of Jesus-what about all the people before Jesus' birth-what about all the kids that die before they can understand religion-what about all the different cultures that exist that differ from the christians-basically why would god put all them people here knowing that they wont be christian-isnt He responsible for life itself

to think that an ALL LOVING GOD would send His kids to earth to be misled and then punished for falling for it for eternity is ludicrous-even i could think of a better system than that and im only human
The reality is no one can prove it either way. You have your beliefs. Let other people have theirs.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:20 AM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
PS....the way this poll is framed doesn't include all the possibilities, IMO. Isn't it possible that God doesn't send people to Hell, but that some people create their own HELL and refuse to accept a better way of living/being????? It certainly happens in this mortal life, so I can't see why that's not a possibility in the next life, even if it's for a very small minority of souls.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:39 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teagal View Post
People most certainly will spend eternity in hell.
Hell is vast and darker than any dark you or I can imagine.
If you believe otherwise, you are calling God a liar.
His word says exactly what I have written here.
I'm calling man a liar, not God. Men edited and rewrote the bible to suit their own needs. God is merciful. No one spends eternity in darkness. No one. If you believe God is all that is Truth, Beauty and Goodness then you cannot possibly believe He would force someone to stay in darkness even after they have reconciled their sins. All sin will be eradicated in each persons soul. You may not believe it because of some book you read but it is very true.

I can give you some stories of men who have spent time in hell. They did get out. Some are now in the Celestial Heavens, including Hitler. Keep believing in an unmerciful God. I won't. God is Love and Love is who we are.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
PS....the way this poll is framed doesn't include all the possibilities, IMO. Isn't it possible that God doesn't send people to Hell, but that some people create their own HELL and refuse to accept a better way of living/being????? It certainly happens in this mortal life, so I can't see why that's not a possibility in the next life, even if it's for a very small minority of souls.
hell may be very real as the vedas state that in the material cosmos there are heavenly-earthly-and hellish planets but none of these are eternal places-that is what the point i was trying to make was.

and i agree with you heaven and hell can exist here based on whats in our hearts and for the realy evil then the next life could very well be a hellish condition-but temporarily because if its permanent punishment then that dosent realy make sense,especially to an all loving God,but sometimes God has to teach us and like any law system their has to be equel punishment-the only difference with God's law is that He will be supremely fair even merciful when dishing out punishment-if nobody got punished then nobody would learn,but generally peple are good so they wont have to worry and karma will dish out something nice for them...peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality