U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2010, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Murfreesboro (nearer Smyrna), TN
694 posts, read 625,866 times
Reputation: 345

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
Did you walk on the lawn in a park this morning? You could step on something unpleasant (that maybe the evidence of yours).
Well, I see it this way. If I am wrong and you are right, I am just as doomed or not as I always was, but if you are wrong, you have quite an afterlife ahead. Forest for the Trees, man. I don't why we are arguing, we either believe or we don't.

Charles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2010, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,705,281 times
Reputation: 12220
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Well, I see it this way. If I am wrong and you are right, I am just as doomed or not as I always was, but if you are wrong, you have quite an afterlife ahead. Forest for the Trees, man. I don't why we are arguing, we either believe or we don't.

Charles
Actually you have almost as much chance of being wrong as I do....There are thousands of religions, many worshiping different gods...How do you know you have chosen the right god?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2010, 03:45 PM
 
37,573 posts, read 25,275,797 times
Reputation: 5860
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually you have almost as much chance of being wrong as I do....There are thousands of religions, many worshiping different gods...How do you know you have chosen the right god?
That is the beauty of monotheism . . . "There can be only one!" What we believe about Him is subject to debate . . . but largely irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2010, 05:13 AM
 
34,671 posts, read 8,945,785 times
Reputation: 4805
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is the beauty of monotheism . . . "There can be only one!" What we believe about Him is subject to debate . . . but largely irrelevant.
"What we believe about Him .."

It.

Get your terms right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 AM
 
37,573 posts, read 25,275,797 times
Reputation: 5860
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
"What we believe about Him .."
It.
Get your terms right.
Uh . . . that would be the belief part. I promise NOT to say I told you so when we meet up again after our physical death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top