U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2010, 04:11 AM
 
Location: New York
2,005 posts, read 4,272,070 times
Reputation: 1989

Advertisements

The facts are 97% of men prefer sex with women so of course this overwhelming majority might be the majority of molesters. However the 2.4% of men that are homosexual are grossly over represented in the molester pool. Homosexuals are 40 times more likely to molest than Heterosexuals.

The priest scandal from 20-50 years was about men wanting to have sex with boys; this is a homosexual scandal not a Catholic scandal. It just happens that they were priests but the common denominator was that they were homosexual and homosexuals are predisposed to molest children whether they are priests, hairdressers or bartenders.

While the priest scandal is long in the past these homosexuals are still out there molesting at a rate of 40 times the heterosexual population with little to no media attention. For the children currently being molested by these homosexual monsters this is the real story; not a rehashed agenda piece from the 1960's meant to interrupt Holy week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
A Study of almost 4000 convicted child molestors shows that the vast majority of child molestors identify as heterosexual, are married, have children and are religious.
http://www.childmolestationpreventio...the_facts.html

 
Old 03-28-2010, 04:24 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,751,366 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
The facts are 97% of men prefer sex with women so of course this overwhelming majority might be the majority of molesters. However the 2.4% of men that are homosexual are grossly over represented in the molester pool. Homosexuals are 40 times more likely to molest than Heterosexuals.

The priest scandal from 20-50 years was about men wanting to have sex with boys; this is a homosexual scandal not a Catholic scandal. It just happens that they were priests but the common denominator was that they were homosexual and homosexuals are predisposed to molest children whether they are priests, hairdressers or bartenders.

While the priest scandal is long in the past these homosexuals are still out there molesting at a rate of 40 times the heterosexual population with little to no media attention. For the children currently being molested by these homosexual monsters this is the real story; not a rehashed agenda piece from the 1960's meant to interrupt Holy week.
Your bigotry and ignorance is showing. And your obvious willingness to accept anything without scrutiny that supports your prejudice....

Read the link below about the "articles" you are getting your so-called "facts" from. Timothy Daily (and the FRC) is a complete joke as a source on anything to do with homosexuality. Go about half way down the page on this link so see how his claims in his article just don't hold up...and how he misrepresents (aka lies about) studies.
Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

And here are the other links to the major report about abuse in the Catholic church that I've already posted that you clearly did not read.
Report: Homosexuality No Factor in Abusive Priests

A Report on the Crisis in the Catholic Church in the United States, National Review Board, February 27, 2004

Last edited by Ceist; 03-28-2010 at 04:40 AM..
 
Old 03-28-2010, 06:12 AM
 
Location: East Coast U.S.
1,513 posts, read 1,397,072 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
It is time for the laity to reclaim our proper role in the governance and guidance of the Catholic Church.
I would hope that any Church would first look to God for governance and guidance, but I do understand your point. The great question is where does the laity want to take the church? Would the laity perhaps prefer a much more relaxed stance on the issue of abortion?

The issue of abortion is really what all this flap is really about. The only reason the abuse scandal is being discussed in most web forums is simply due to the media attention.

Doesn't it seem odd that the media chose to highlight the issue in the midst of the health care debate? The Pope and Cardinals are on the target roster of the main stream liberals (both inside and outside the RCC) due to their conservative stance on abortion.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 06:17 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,751,366 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Homosexuals are 40 times more likely to molest children than heterosexuals. In addition pedophiles are 620 times more likely to homosexual than heterosexual. There is a direct link between the two behaviors. Need I repeat that this is a homosexual issue and not a Catholic issue? It is time to go after the homosexual groups and hold them accountable for the behavior that they condone.
I'll give you an example from your 2nd link how these claims are based on misrepresentation and downright lies.

In the article, they claim "A 1989 study in the Journal of Sex Research noted that " . . . the proportion of sex offenders against male children among homosexual men is substantially larger than the proportion of sex offenders against female children among heterosexual men . . . the development of pedophilia is more closely linked with homosexuality than with heterosexuality."8

The study they are referencing is 8Kurt Freund, Robin Watson and Douglas Rienzoo "Heterosexuality, Homosexuality, and Erotic Age Preference."

However if you look directly at the study itself, low and behold! We find the conclusion is:

"Homosexual males who preferred physically mature partners responded no more to male children than heterosexual males who preferred physically mature partners responded to female children."

See what I mean by lies and misrepresentation?

You also seemed to miss these quotes from your first link from an article in the The Baptist Press (no bias there right?) against a 60 Minutes story:
Quote:
According to the FBI and several clinical studies published in reputable journals, gay men aren't more likely to sexually abuse boys, she said.
Quote:
"In fact, the largest database of child molesters in the country shows that those who molest boys are over three times more likely to be heterosexual in their adult relationships than homosexual," she said.
Quote:
Spokesman Kevin Tedesco said "60 Minutes" staffers spoke with leading sources of information on child molestation, including the FBI, American Psychological Association and several clinical researchers

Here's some more links showing how those "stats" and claims you quote are "manufactured" by people such as Paul Cameron (one of the most cited authors in articles trying to link homosexuality with child molestation":
http://www.ralliance.org/HowTheyOperate.html
Quote:
In 1985, a federal judge concluded that Cameron had engaged in "fraud" and "misrepresentation" when he testified in a gay-related case in Texas. (Baker v. Wade, 106 Federal Rules Decisions 526 [N.D. Texas, 1985]) Judge Buchmeyer of the U.S. District Court of Dallas referred to "Cameron's sworn statement that 'homosexuals abuse children at a proportionately greater incident than do heterosexuals,'" and concluded that "Dr. Paul Cameron...has himself made misrepresentations to this Court" and that "There has been no fraud or misrepresentations except by Dr. Cameron"

http://www.internationalorder.org/scandal_response.html
Quote:
There are, however, two major problems with these claims which try to link homosexuality with pedophilia. First, the statistical data that has been cited is based upon a serious distortion of reputable scientists’ studies on child molestation. The scientists who authored the studies made no such claim about homosexuals posing a greater threat to children, and in fact in many cases explicitly argued the opposite. These scientists have concluded that pedophilia is a separate orientation from homosexuality and that the vast majority of molesters who target boys have either no interest in mature males or are heterosexual men who are attracted to the feminine characteristics of young boys.

Last edited by Ceist; 03-28-2010 at 06:44 AM..
 
Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Western Cary, NC
4,349 posts, read 6,486,595 times
Reputation: 7265
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Homosexuals are 40 times more likely to molest children than heterosexuals. In addition pedophiles are 620 times more likely to homosexual than heterosexual. There is a direct link between the two behaviors. Need I repeat that this is a homosexual issue and not a Catholic issue? It is time to go after the homosexual groups and hold them accountable for the behavior that they condone.
I think this may be the most homophobic post I have ever seen on CD. Hopefully this is just a troll poking and trying to get a rise from readers. I canít believe with the mounting evidence against the churchís connection to the abuse they could believe this bull.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Northern Va. from N.J.
4,368 posts, read 4,091,050 times
Reputation: 2652
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
I would hope that any Church would first look to God for governance and guidance, but I do understand your point. The great question is where does the laity want to take the church? Would the laity perhaps prefer a much more relaxed stance on the issue of abortion?

The issue of abortion is really what all this flap is really about. The only reason the abuse scandal is being discussed in most web forums is simply due to the media attention.

Doesn't it seem odd that the media chose to highlight the issue in the midst of the health care debate? The Pope and Cardinals are on the target roster of the main stream liberals (both inside and outside the RCC) due to their conservative stance on abortion.
It is not only where the laity wants to take the Church, but also include members of the clergy, I guess you are not up to date on everything going on in the RC Church.
But to answer your question it would be out of the middle ages into the twenty first century, the work was started by Pope John XXIII and the Vatican II Council.
You do realize that Vatican II said we the people of God were the Church and that the Holy Spirit moved through us, right?

Abortion has nothing to do with what’s going on with the latest revelations of the Sex Abuse Scandal.
The latest revelations has to do with the sex abuse scandal in Ireland and the rest of Europe and the fact this time it has reached all the way up into the Vatican to the pope.
I don’t think Europe decided to bring all this to light because of the healthcare debate in the U.S.

Besides the Sexual Abuse Scandal has been an on going problem with new revelations happening almost daily.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 07:54 AM
 
Location: East Coast U.S.
1,513 posts, read 1,397,072 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
It is not only where the laity wants to take the Church, but also include members of the clergy, I guess you are not up to date on everything going on in the RC Church.
Perhaps not. Does that mean I'm not authorized to have an opinion?

I'm really not trying to attack you or RC Church...just laying out my own casual observation of the abuse scandal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
But to answer your question it would be out of the middle ages into the twenty first century, the work was started by Pope John XXIII and the Vatican II Council.
Yes. Would part of this advancement into the twenty first century have anything to do with relaxing abortion restrictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You do realize that Vatican II said we the people of God were the Church and that the Holy Spirit moved through us, right?
Is the Holy Spirit unable to move through the Pope and Cardinals as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Abortion has nothing to do with whatís going on with the latest revelations of the Sex Abuse Scandal.
I must be touching a nerve with you...why else would you deflect from my point?

I simply stated that abortion is the reason that the scandal is being highlighted by the mainstream liberal media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
The latest revelations has to do with the sex abuse scandal in Ireland and the rest of Europe and the fact this time it has reached all the way up into the Vatican to the pope. I donít think Europe decided to bring all this to light because of the healthcare debate in the U.S.
LOL! You see absolutely no collusion between the European liberal media and the American liberal media? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Besides the Sexual Abuse Scandal has been an on going problem with new revelations happening almost daily.
How true. So why all the media attention all of a sudden?
 
Old 03-28-2010, 09:59 AM
 
11,686 posts, read 13,078,672 times
Reputation: 30973
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
I would hope that any Church would first look to God for governance and guidance, but I do understand your point. The great question is where does the laity want to take the church? Would the laity perhaps prefer a much more relaxed stance on the issue of abortion?

The issue of abortion is really what all this flap is really about. The only reason the abuse scandal is being discussed in most web forums is simply due to the media attention.....
Total rubbish. But it does show how a gullible laity provide support for clerical secrecy.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,494 posts, read 10,068,654 times
Reputation: 6838
Well lets see, the Vatican a number of years back has declared itself a sovereign territory and the UN has recognized that, now if the UN and the United States were to withdraw that recognition, it's a good possibility things would be a little different in prosecuting some of these pedophile priests and I still find it kind of unusual that the Roman Catholic Church can declare itself a sovereign territory within another country.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Western Cary, NC
4,349 posts, read 6,486,595 times
Reputation: 7265
Tigetmax,
It has been in the European papers daily for the last few months. The US papers did not mention it till last week, when the pope was directly connected to the cover-up. The press knew there was no way to hide the ugly underbelly of the abuse issue after that breaking news flash. The Boston globe was the first mention it, and the next day all hell broke out in our media. Personally I was surprised it took so long to come out in print in the US media.
Seeing this as an abortion issue is beyond me. It is hard core child abuse and I have not seen one article linking it to abortion. As for your question on the holy sprit I would say it is a fake as the pope, and the supposed ability to commune with any god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top