U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:24 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,397,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
It has been in the European papers daily for the last few months. The US papers did not mention it till last week, when the pope was directly connected to the cover-up. The press knew there was no way to hide the ugly underbelly of the abuse issue after that breaking news flash. The Boston globe was the first mention it, and the next day all hell broke out in our media. Personally I was surprised it took so long to come out in print in the US media.

So the press wanted "to hide the ugly underbelly" of the abuse scandal?

...do I hear the whirring of black helicopters...

Cue the twilight zone theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Seeing this as an abortion issue is beyond me. It is hard core child abuse and I have not seen one article linking it to abortion. As for your question on the holy sprit I would say it is a fake as the pope, and the supposed ability to commune with any god.
Brilliant! Yes, it is "hard core" child abuse.

We're all certainly entitled to our opinions as to what may motivate the U.S. media. The RC Bishops were steadfastly opposed to the pro-government funded abortion "Obama care" bill and put considerable pressure on Congress to defeat it. The sudden timing and highlighting of the abuse scandal by an overwhelming liberal media is quite extraordinary to say the least. There can be little doubt that the pro-abort crowd is guarding the rice bowl.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,921,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
The major gay rights groups remain silent on the transgressions of their members. The Vatican has condemned this behavior and eradicated it from the their ranks. Yet these perversions still persist among homosexuals in the secular world. These homosexual groups are given a pass and not held accountable for the behavior of their members even as children are continuously being molested. (http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_wa_colville_counselor_pleads.html - broken link) It is time that gay rights groups are held accountable for the children molested by their members.
It's the catholic's attempts to cover up for the rapist priests. The Vatican has condemned the homosexual behavior of others? That's wonderful!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:37 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,921,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
I would hope that any Church would first look to God for governance and guidance, but I do understand your point. The great question is where does the laity want to take the church? Would the laity perhaps prefer a much more relaxed stance on the issue of abortion?

The issue of abortion is really what all this flap is really about. The only reason the abuse scandal is being discussed in most web forums is simply due to the media attention.

Doesn't it seem odd that the media chose to highlight the issue in the midst of the health care debate? The Pope and Cardinals are on the target roster of the main stream liberals (both inside and outside the RCC) due to their conservative stance on abortion.
The boys are raped at a young age and have to deal with the trauma for the rest of their lives. The church leaders keep such affairs secret and attempt to provide protection for rapist priests. By doing so the catholic church shows a lack of integrity and disrespect for those who were abused. The catholic church is at the bottomn of the barrel of hypocritical morals.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 PM

4,368 posts, read 4,093,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Perhaps not. Does that mean I'm not authorized to have an opinion?

I'm really not trying to attack you or RC Church...just laying out my own casual observation of the abuse scandal.

Yes. Would part of this advancement into the twenty first century have anything to do with relaxing abortion restrictions?

Is the Holy Spirit unable to move through the Pope and Cardinals as well?

I must be touching a nerve with you...why else would you deflect from my point?

I simply stated that abortion is the reason that the scandal is being highlighted by the mainstream liberal media.

LOL! You see absolutely no collusion between the European liberal media and the American liberal media? LOL!

How true. So why all the media attention all of a sudden?
Maybe you should go visit some political forums

Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,397,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Maybe you should go visit some political forums
I'm the one that got the thread back on the OP and now you wine about me being off topic? That's rich!

I'll respond to post's directed at me. If those posts are off topic, well, I guess you'll have to tell it to them.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:12 PM

13,463 posts, read 21,212,300 times
This thread is all over the place with off topic posts and bashing Catholics in general bashing homesexuals to bashing the good folks of Ky..

C L O S E D

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-28-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality