U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:56 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,993,970 times

Advertisements

Italy summons Pakistani diplomat over attacks on Christians
Man set on fire, his wife gang raped at police station by the police in Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 08:21 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,747,992 times
Whoops...that wasn't very peaceful, was it? (Then again, one can always draw fine lines of distinction, depending upon what one is trying to promote. There's domestic peace, there's religious peace, there's international peace. Some are evidently more important than others!)

Old 03-27-2010, 08:29 AM

42,285 posts, read 49,863,906 times
I don't think there are any religions who can claim that ALL of their followers really walk in peace.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:29 AM

7,088 posts, read 12,711,785 times
religion of peace

I'll admit, I find it a bit perplexing that the so-called "religion of peace" insists on being an annoyance and buggin' me with their inane persistence on a somewhat regular basis.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:06 AM

42,285 posts, read 49,863,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
religion of peace

I'll admit, I find it a bit perplexing that the so-called "religion of peace" insists on being an annoyance and buggin' me with their inane persistence on a somewhat regular basis.
Brother, I live amongst 'christians' and I know how you feel...

Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 AM

13,914 posts, read 9,672,130 times
convert or die

They'll grow out of it eventually. Christianity did.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:47 AM

217 posts, read 594,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't think there are any religions who can claim that ALL of their followers really walk in peace.
how can a religion make there followers do anything...its up to the foloowers to adhere to the principals..islaam does not permit any thing of that nature.....dont blame the religion for some of the irresponsible followers...

and lets not get on christianity....the quraan clearly says " the most noblest amongst you is the most pious, and the one who frees his slaves"..how come the christian bible dont speak out against slavery....

the european christians have crusaded on practically every country in the world under the name of christianity...and many of the places are still feeling the affect of christian colonializm...I.E. pakistan, which was partisioned from india, by christian britain....they split west africa up into about 30 different countries that didnt exist before they're arrival...they destroyed the mayans culture hyrogliphs, and people all because the christian spain though these things were tools of the devil.....

and lets not get on the jews and they're unlawful occupation of palestine which has turned into an open air prison..yet hamas are always the one to blame...yet hamas aims they're missiles at millitary installations....israeli's aim theres at regular citizens who work 9-5 jobs and raise families..jailing palestinian women just for speaking out against the israeli's...even the true orthodox jews there dont agree with the treatmeant of the people of the west bank and gaza...

israel is suppose to be a religious state not secular state, yet instead of jewish rabbi's running it, they have a prime minister...thats now how the israel of the bible was constructed, thats modern day stuff...

but they wont allow you to hear the orthodox jewish rabbi's speak...

Old 03-27-2010, 11:48 AM

217 posts, read 594,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
convert or die

best thing i've heard said on this website.....

Old 03-27-2010, 02:07 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,705,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
convert or die

I'm not so sure...They should have out grown it a long time ago. I see that Islam has not changed, but is still striving for world wide domination and would like to see every country a theocracy following sharia law. They have even attempted to have sharia injected into Canada in some areas.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:14 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,370,174 times
In some cases, Islam doesn't even give its victims a chance to convert.

And don't kid yourselves about Christianity. It has a more subtle approach in general nowadays, but its sourcebook is just as it was when it was spread by the sword, and some of its more fundamentalist followers haven't changed much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality