Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:33 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
thanks jeffncandace for the detailed response, I will study it more, and see what I think.
Cool beans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 09:48 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Christian's are the Lord’s army occupying enemy territory with the battle raging all around us. Those who live in the flesh do not exactly comprehend this war. Satan leads his army against the Lord - comprised of his angels and servants. The world cannot "see" this battle - they only reap the influences because this battle is invisible beyond the physical realms. We know about this battle through scripture the Lord has revealed the details. So we Christians, His army, can know how to wage war on enemy territory. Understanding our enemy and his tactics is central to our victory, when attacked.

“Intelligence”, in the United States we have the CIA, (which stands for the Central Intelligence Agency, for those that may not know). The goal of the CIA is to gather intelligence or knowledge about the enemy. Their role is to understand the potential threats to the United States and its citizens. In the former Soviet Union the KGB operated in a similar way, regardless of your political viewpoint, intelligence of the enemy is important.

We are in a war with a real enemy who sees us ("those who know Christ") as his very real threat. Intelligence of enemy operations is important for victory. This flows both ways - Satan is on the prowl to uncover and take down threats to his work. The purpose here on Earth is to shed light on Satan’s method of warfare so we know how to better defend, and then advance the Kingdom of God in enemy territory.

Satan’s plan is to prevent the message of salvation from reaching the lost, since he can no longer prevent salvation. Satan has two distinct strategies - one for the lost -the other for the saved.

For the lost its simple, keep people lost and prevent them from seeing the Gospel. For the saved - its a little more complex. When someone is saved, they are now a threat. A saved person is walking dynamite as far as Satan and the fallen angels are concerned. Jesus has given us authority over the demonic realms, in His name.

Satan’s goal for the saved is to KEEP them in a defeated, ineffective mindset. When the saved are defeated and distracted - they cannot advance to he Kingdom of God. Satan then has the victory he needs. He is then free to concentrate on his war at hand, against the Creator God, preventing the lost from being saved. Satan and his fallen-angels, through the proxy of fallen-humanity, battle for control of our thinking. When a person is saved, their perceptions change, because the Spirit of God - the Holy Spirit is now dwelling within. Satan looses total control over their mind. The Kingdom of God has advanced on his territory. There are 3 areas that Satan uses to attack - these are listed in 2 John 2:16 - "For all that is in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world."

If you read the above - you will see exactly how those who doubt and do not doubt fit into this war. The good thing is that those who do not understand continue to ask questions, in my opinion.
Woah,

This kind of thinking truly scares me. What's next? Kill non-Christian's because they are Satan's soldiers and must perish? This is the kind of thing the non-religious fear the most. This is old school Puritanical, Spanish Inquisition style thinking right here.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 AM

145 posts, read 519,289 times
The existence of Satan proves value in what it means to be Christian.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:33 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
JeepGirl118 wrote:
Quote:
We are in a war with a real enemy who sees us ("those who know Christ") as his very real threat. Intelligence of enemy operations is important for victory. This flows both ways - Satan is on the prowl to uncover and take down threats to his work. The purpose here on Earth is to shed light on Satan’s method of warfare so we know how to better defend, and then advance the Kingdom of God in enemy territory.
Wow, JeepGirl, I was kind of bowled over by your post. I see you also live in Phoenix. I hope you won't track me down if I disagree.
First of all, it sounds like you believe there's something resembling a full scale military war taking place all around us but it's in an invisible realm. Your military jargon and comparisons with the CIA are a little mindboggling to be honest. I'm sure that your beliefs are sincere but I have to agree with GCSTroop on this one, it does come across as being extreme and it doesn't seem like a very healthy or productive state of mind. That's not intended to be insulting in any way, I'm just suggesting that if you were to concentrate on the positive teachings of Christ such as loving and caring for your fellow man it would have a much more positive impact than seeing yourself as some sort of commando for Christ and being involved in a life and death struggle against the armies of satan.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
JeepGirl118 wrote:

Wow, JeepGirl, I was kind of bowled over by your post. I see you also live in Phoenix. I hope you won't track me down if I disagree.
First of all, it sounds like you believe there's something resembling a full scale military war taking place all around us but it's in an invisible realm. Your military jargon and comparisons with the CIA are a little mindboggling to be honest. I'm sure that your beliefs are sincere but I have to agree with GCSTroop on this one, it does come across as being extreme and it doesn't seem like a very healthy or productive state of mind. That's not intended to be insulting in any way, I'm just suggesting that if you were to concentrate on the positive teachings of Christ such as loving and caring for your fellow man it would have a much more positive impact than seeing yourself as some sort of commando for Christ and being involved in a life and death struggle against the armies of satan.
What was it someone said about you the other day, MG?? that you are too PC? Well, I don't think so. I think you're just polite and I love that.

I would just suggest that though it may seem extreme especially to non-believers what Jeep Girl posted, most conservative Christians do believe exactly what she said...because the Bible does portray that we are in a spiritual conflict. Again, you can read it from the mouth of Jesus as well as many other places. It IS a matter of balance like most things in the Christian walk. For example, Jesus spoke about many other things as well. The Bible says, for example, in Phillipians that we are to dwell on things that are lovely, pure, of good report etc. But we don't ignore realities that the Bible teaches either. I don't know Jeep Girl personally (obviously) but I suspect that she posted as she did precisely because the topic matter was about Satan.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:29 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Quote:
JeepGirl118 wrote:

Montana Guy, you could not have said it better. My parents still believe as Jeepgirl does, and I was raised to believe exactly as she posted.

It's okay to be aware of the spirit realm, as it does exist and it's very real. But it's very easy to become so "heavenly" minded that you do no earthly good. I truly believe that living what Jesus taught-which was to love one another-is the best impact one can have for God, and against Satan.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:38 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Quote:
JeepGirl118 wrote:

MontanaGuy, I will not apologize for being a "commando for Christ." If comparisons to the CIA/military are mind-boggling, then perhaps you missed the concept. It is not a "life and death" struggle, it is a spiritual war. I do concentrate on the positive teachings of Christ and I do love and care for my fellow man - I can assure you that my community activities and my actions are plentiful. My mind and life is quite healthy, fulfilled and quite productive. Perhaps with further research into my past postings you will see this. I have spoken of my actions. Evidently, something about what I posted ruffled your feathers. If my spiritual/religious beliefs are extreme to you - that would not exactly be my issue, would it? I am good in the eyes of God and He comes first. I certainly am a Conservative-Christian in my beliefs.

Thank you for your opinion, however. It is appreciated.

Chandler -have quite a few residential clients in Chandler. Maybe you are one of them.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 06-12-2007 at 04:05 PM..

Old 06-12-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Getting picked on again....t'is OK. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I don't know Jeep Girl personally (obviously) but I suspect that she posted as she did precisely because the topic matter was about Satan.
Exactly!

Now everyone stop picking on me.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:12 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
JeepGirl118 wrote:
Quote:
Chandler -have quite a few residential clients in Chandler. Maybe you are one of them.
Ok now, let me think. Is there anyway that JeepGirl can figure out who I am?
Seriously though, I guess the way you worded your post did sound a little intense but you're certainly entitled to your beliefs.
***note to self: get extra dead bolt locks installed and get state of the art security system***

Old 06-12-2007, 07:02 PM

Talking Deadbolts shall not stop me...oh no they won't. Hehe...

Quote:
JeepGirl118 wrote:

Ok now, let me think. Is there anyway that JeepGirl can figure out who I am?
Seriously though, I guess the way you worded your post did sound a little intense but you're certainly entitled to your beliefs.
***note to self: get extra dead bolt locks installed and get state of the art security system***
Guess it was just typed on one of my more serious days, Montana. We all have them, right? Ah, yes - the many facets of me... So you know, Montana - my clients usually either let me right on in or give me a key to their home. Just thought I would save you a ton of money before you go investing in those dead bolts and state of the art system. There is my love and caring for mankind for the day, silly. If anyone starts questioning me in business about my religious beliefs, I will know it's YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality