U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:12 PM

6,261 posts, read 9,567,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Another point on your last comment, Allen. If you had a loved one die, why wouldnt you pray for them to be brought back to life?
I told myself I wasn't going to reply back because this is wearing me out. But I had to come and check you yet again on things you don't know. Why in the world would I wish my loved one to be brought back to life? What is the purpose of that? If your loved one died, it was their time. It's not God's way of punishing anyone. We all have a specific time to live and learn on this Earth. Just like eventually it will be yours and mine and everyone elses. Of course your gonna miss that person like hell and your gonna cry and wish you could have had one more moment with them but it's like, everything happens for a reason. You might not understand being an atheist but from my Christian perspective, I fee like sometimes God calls people to his kingdom because he has a greater purpose in mind for them in heaven. I don't know if this is true or not but sometimes this is what I feel when I wonder why all the greatest people seem to die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 05:24 PM

310 posts, read 490,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to reply back because this is wearing me out. But I had to come and check you yet again on things you don't know. Why in the world would I wish my loved one to be brought back to life? What is the purpose of that? If your loved one died, it was their time.
Okay so why pray about anything then if it's all god's will?

Quote:
You might not understand being an atheist but from my Christian perspective, I fee like sometimes God calls people to his kingdom because he has a greater purpose in mind for them in heaven. I don't know if this is true or not but sometimes this is what I feel when I wonder why all the greatest people seem to die.
I never said I was an atheist. In fact, I am a Buddhist.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:53 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,267,427 times
Many people can claim that they are Christian but that doesn`t mean they are. This is not Biblical Christianity. There has always been people who take the Bible and twist scripture to suit their own agenda. What they did has nothing to do with real Christianity.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:37 PM

6,261 posts, read 9,567,447 times
Quote:

You pray for family. You pray for your family so they will be okay and will be able to get through. You pray for yourself that you will be able to move on and get over the grief. Some people are never able to let go and they get sick and depressed.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:37 AM

5,463 posts, read 5,799,467 times
Quote:
No Seriously. This group was NOT Christian in nature at all! This article I found was taken straight from the horses mouth!

Member: Christian warrior militia not Christian nor militia (http://http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/30/member-christian-warrior-militia-not-christian-nor-militia/ - broken link)
This link says nothing about the religious beliefs of the people in question, just that other militia groups were playing CYA when asked for help. Any references to the actual religious beliefs of the people charged with this crime?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
You pray for family. You pray for your family so they will be okay and will be able to get through. You pray for yourself that you will be able to move on and get over the grief. Some people are never able to let go and they get sick and depressed.
But that's completely illogical, Allen. If you have to pray in order for something to happen, then that means you believe you can change god's will by praying. How petty must your god be to require prayers in order for your family to be okay? A god that requires adulation before helping a worshipped is not a loving and caring god, that god is a tyrant.

Now please realize I am not trying to be mean to you; I am trying to get you to think about your beliefs Dont just take your religious beliefs for granted. Don't accept what your family, pastor, and church tell you without questioning it and researching things for yourself! When you accept things without question, that's when we start ending up with cults like this Christian military terrorist group. Cults depend on followers who do not question things!

Think for yourself. Brutally and objectively question things you are told are "truth". Don't be afraid to toss aside preconceived notions and find new paths. Once you stop letting others tell you what to believe, a whole new world of possibilities opens to you. Don't be a sheep. Open the gate to your restrictive cage and step outside with the rest of the thinkers.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:09 AM

1,745 posts, read 1,833,740 times
Quote:
Isn't it deliciously ironic when Christians deny their own people by saying they weren't "true Christians", but when muslims say that terrorists/suicide bombers weren't true Muslims, the Christians refuse to accept that?
It's even more deliciously ironic when these same Christians throw up Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc as examples of atheists. If Hitler and all these other self proclaimed Christians are not "true" Christians, then doesn't it follow that Stalin and company weren't true atheists?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:10 AM

1,745 posts, read 1,833,740 times
Quote:

Don't you know? Anyone who is critical of Christianity or who is capable of seeing all the holes and contradictions in the Bible is automatically an atheist!

Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,267,427 times
Christians don`t deny "their own people." How can they deny a person who never was a christian to begin with. Like I said, many claim but they are not. There are scriptures that tell us so.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Christians don`t deny "their own people." How can they deny a person who never was a christian to begin with. Like I said, many claim but they are not. There are scriptures that tell us so.
Thank you for proving my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or