Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:31 PM

48 posts, read 65,767 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here read the book “the primordial language” ~ by Anita Meyer yet?

This book literally scared the bejesus out of me! It proves Gods existence through the Hebrew letters! The Hebrew letters that were given to Moses on Mount Sinai (as the Ten Commandments) mentioned in Exodus 31:18 - that were said to be inscribed by the finger of God. It goes about this by explaining that there is a mathematical unit that is found in all of nature that corresponds to the Hebrew letters.

Without posting any links it is very hard to explain. Basically, this unit of growth that the author is referring to is a replica of the spiral arms of our universe which can also be found within a shell. Its measurements which are units of growth are also known as Pi, Phi, Fibonacci sequence which all revolve around the Golden Spiral. Anyhow, what was so truly amazing about all this if I can explain it properly; is that this mathematical unit of growth in its spiral shape using one prototype forms, forms all of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet. But this is only the tip of what the book talks about. It also talks about the Bible Code, Kabalah, Egypt and the Great Pyramid. Surprisingly it also talks about politics and leaders and presidents who have attempted to divide the land of Israel have suffered great loss themselves and even death. It also talks about medicines in the Bible and so much more.

If anyone else has read this book, I would like to discuss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 08:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Title, author? Sure there is a proper noun missing.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:09 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
About as nonsensical as Michael Droshin's The Bible Code. It's just one more instance of manipulating meaningless coincidences to "prove" something. And it won't be the last such piece of "scholarly literature," you can be sure.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:50 PM

No this goes much deaper than the Bible Code! This book literally shows you "face to face" this "one form" that forms all the 22 letters of Hebrew Alphabet. Now this "one form" conforms to natures law which anybody that has half a brain and is somewhat logical can see that this is divine design - as the author calls it.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:02 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,696 times
Two posts in and you're already insulting the intelligence of anyone who dares to doubt you? I think that's some kind of record.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
bookreader, interesting concvept but I'd ask yyou to look up two words that bolster the rational scientist's concept of "Proof":

incontrovertible, and...

unambiguous.

You speculate about really interesting Fibunachi number sets, which are a very basic series where the next number is simply the sum of the last two. Spiral shells look like they adhere to this series but in fact don't. This series does create a typical exponential growth shape, but that is so common in nature, it's hardly worth mentioning.

Meantime, curious and unintimidated researchers have, over the centuries, found way too many holes in the simplistic supernatural Godly Creation story. And along the way, they also discovered, often by complete accident, how a multitude of things REALLY work. Like, for instance, Darwin's discovery, which was based on patient and precise observation.

Of course, this is quite upsetting to a dedicated fundamentalist Christian, and they fight it to the bitter end.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:58 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader2010 View Post
Has anyone here read the book “the primordial language” ~ by Anita Meyer yet?

This book literally scared the bejesus out of me! It proves Gods existence through the Hebrew letters! The Hebrew letters that were given to Moses on Mount Sinai (as the Ten Commandments) mentioned in Exodus 31:18 - that were said to be inscribed by the finger of God. It goes about this by explaining that there is a mathematical unit that is found in all of nature that corresponds to the Hebrew letters.

Without posting any links it is very hard to explain. Basically, this unit of growth that the author is referring to is a replica of the spiral arms of our universe which can also be found within a shell. Its measurements which are units of growth are also known as Pi, Phi, Fibonacci sequence which all revolve around the Golden Spiral. Anyhow, what was so truly amazing about all this if I can explain it properly; is that this mathematical unit of growth in its spiral shape using one prototype forms, forms all of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet. But this is only the tip of what the book talks about. It also talks about the Bible Code, Kabalah, Egypt and the Great Pyramid. Surprisingly it also talks about politics and leaders and presidents who have attempted to divide the land of Israel have suffered great loss themselves and even death. It also talks about medicines in the Bible and so much more.

If anyone else has read this book, I would like to discuss it.
Aren't you just talking about the golden ratio of porportion?

Golden ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's just the porportions that are most pleasing to the human eye, based on the porportions of the human body. Some say it proves god, but to me it just proves people are hardwired to find ourselves attractive, so those porportions will be (and have been ad nauseum) reproduced in all sorts of manmade objects throughout history, including writing.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
No this goes much deaper than the Bible Code! This book literally shows you "face to face" this "one form" that forms all the 22 letters of Hebrew Alphabet. Now this "one form" conforms to natures law which anybody that has half a brain and is somewhat logical can see that this is divine design - as the author calls it.
Well, as the old expression has it, live and learn! I hadn't realized that by doubting a source you evidently believe in, I'm reduced to half a brain or less. But I can tell you this much: the half brain I do have says that you need to do quite a bit more research. You should also consider how you address other people. And while you're at it, climb down off that soapbox.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:51 PM

Yes it is pi and fibonacci and other units of growth found in nature, and you are right nothing is perfect sometimes these things don’t always conform. But according to the author and I had emailed her about this, she says that all these mathematical units of growth work around the golden spiral which is essentially a microcosm of the spiral arms of our universe. I did not understand this at first either, it is a hard concept to grasp. And I’m sorry if I sound like I am boasting, I am not, I’m really just very enthused about it because to me this is groundbreaking evidence of the connection between god working through nature.

Exodus 31:18 tells us that when moses was on mount sinai and received the ten commandments, these were written by the finger of god. Why does the bible make the account of saying this? If its true then there should be something special and significant about these letters.

This is exactly what the author has found. I think that there should be more investigation into this.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Exodus 31:18 tells us that when moses was on mount sinai and received the ten commandments, these were written by the finger of god. Why does the bible make the account of saying this? If its true then there should be something special and significant about these letters.
Indeed Exodus 31:18 does say this. But unfortunately, it has nothing to do with any special quality associated with the actual letters themselves. It's merely meant to convey that the Commandments aren't to be taken as human inventions, but instead, have Divine origins and therefore should be adhered to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality