Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:48 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,242,556 times

Advertisements

the age of kali-yuga started 5000 years ago ,when Lord Krishna left the planet,and is said to last 437,000 years-at the end of this age Krishna will return as Lord Kalki and initiate the next golden age.and instead of explaining it all to yas im going to leave this link-

ive left this link on other pages so if youve already read it then fair play but if you havent ,take the time to read it please and feel free to leave a comment.oh and BTW- any christians that start reading but decide not to finish,maybe you should scroll down and start at the bottom,their are a few nice verses from the book of revelation that might grab your attention

http://www.yoga-philosophy.com/eng/kalki/kalki.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,717,032 times
Oh good, I have time to do my Christmas shopping after all.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Oh good, I have time to do my Christmas shopping after all.
its not actually complete destruction either but a change from a dark age to a golden age

Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,717,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
its not actually complete destruction either but a change from a dark age to a golden age
Even better! I'll bring my Visa Platinum card...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:49 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,481,631 times
I guess it all depends which calendar is hanging on your wall. The Mayans said that the current world age would come to a cataclysmic end on the specific date 4 Ahau 3 Kankin (which corresponds to December 23, 2012 on our calendar. That's where the current brouhaha comes from). But if you're telling me that we actually have another 432,000 years to wait until the apocalyptic day is upon us, that makes me feel much better. But only because I'm not expecting to live quite that long.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,001,440 times
Quote:
the age of kali-yuga started 5000 years ago ,when Lord Krishna left the planet,and is said to last 437,000 years-at the end of this age Krishna will return as Lord Kalki and initiate the next golden age.and instead of explaining it all to yas im going to leave this link-

ive left this link on other pages so if youve already read it then fair play but if you havent ,take the time to read it please and feel free to leave a comment.oh and BTW- any christians that start reading but decide not to finish,maybe you should scroll down and start at the bottom,their are a few nice verses from the book of revelation that might grab your attention

Kalki Avatar The Apocalyptic Horse Rider
Gotta tell ya. The new age is now upon us. People are waking up to reality and starting to join in the peace train.
The correcting time is now. Correcting all that Lucifer had done. Correcting all the false teachings so that the Truth prevails. The correcting time is now and not in 400,000 years. Our next Magisterial Son is coming soon and He will be called the Prince of Forgiveness. Sound crazy? You betcha! Look what they did to Jesus when He was here and the Truths He told. I sure hope this one will last the thousand years He's supposed to last.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Gotta tell ya. The new age is now upon us. People are waking up to reality and starting to join in the peace train.
The correcting time is now. Correcting all that Lucifer had done. Correcting all the false teachings so that the Truth prevails. The correcting time is now and not in 400,000 years. Our next Magisterial Son is coming soon and He will be called the Prince of Forgiveness. Sound crazy? You betcha! Look what they did to Jesus when He was here and the Truths He told. I sure hope this one will last the thousand years He's supposed to last.
the vedas are spot on about there predictions-i dont beleive in satan and i watched a good you-tube clip that verifies where the whole lucifer thing came from-basically it came from the Persians-pagan traditions.

the vedas predicted Jesus birth 3000 years before He was born,and also Bhuddas and Lord Chatanya's and the rest of the ten incarnations of Vishnu and if you read the link you'll see that the Kalki avatar was also invisioned bye John in the book of revelation.

ther could very well be something sturing in the world- something that dramatically changes the way we live because if it dosent we will all carry on the way we are going and eventually polute the planet so much that nothing can live here.

the yugas have come and gone before-they are like seasons and this age of Kali-yuga only started 5000 years ago-so that would make 432,000 years left.

did you read the link?

Old 04-01-2010, 12:11 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,874,745 times
Wink I predict things will be different in 400,000 years.....

Yeah, I dutifully read through as much of this as I could stand. Not because I'm arrogant, mind you, but it all requires that we believe in the way these old timers thought. You'll notice all these prophecies have folks riding around on horses, with swords and spears. They never prophecy something more timely for the age of the prediction, like, say, arrival in an ion-plasma-jet propelled ceramic-coated space vehicle, with molecular disintegration rays? Heck, not even an old analog cell phone amongst the lot of them!

Instead, it's always bracketed in and limited to the technology of the day, which on it's face sorta kills the thought that its' some amazing future prophecy, wouldn't you say? Or at least suspect?

As well, all of these prophecies hang on the "if you don't believe in and worship me!" doom and gloom stuff. Always. The prophetic travelers never just stop by for a spot of tea with the ladies who are working down by the riverbank. They never come and give riches just because they're nice guys. It's always "If you don't bow down to my immortal worthiness, you'll regret it!". (Brandishes sword, and horse rears up.) Where's the F-16s?

All of which, of course, reeks of arrogant human selfish greed and power-mongering "in the moment": i.e.: organized religion.

But hey; it was, I'll admit, a colorful story. But... believe at your own peril.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Yeah, I dutifully read through as much of this as I could stand. Not because I'm arrogant, mind you, but it all requires that we believe in the way these old timers thought. You'll notice all these prophecies have folks riding around on horses, with swords and spears. They never prophecy something more timely for the age of the prediction, like, say, arrival in an ion-plasma-jet propelled ceramic-coated space vehicle, with molecular disintegration rays? Heck, not even an old analog cell phone amongst the lot of them!

Instead, it's always bracketed in and limited to the technology of the day, which on it's face sorta kills the thought that its' some amazing future prophecy, wouldn't you say? Or at least suspect?

As well, all of these prophecies hang on the "if you don't believe in and worship me!" doom and gloom stuff. Always. The prophetic travelers never just stop by for a spot of tea with the ladies who are working down by the riverbank. They never come and give riches just because they're nice guys. It's always "If you don't bow down to my immortal worthiness, you'll regret it!". (Brandishes sword, and horse rears up.) Where's the F-16s?

All of which, of course, reeks of arrogant human selfish greed and power-mongering "in the moment": i.e.: organized religion.

But hey; it was, I'll admit, a colorful story. But... believe at your own peril.
what you dont realize as stated in the timless vedas is that near the end of kali-yuga the world will have plumeted into a hellish condition and the very kings that rule the planet will be powerefull demon's-only God in the form as Kalki will have the power to defeat these domons and if you had of read on you will see that their is no hope in winning them over bye conversation-also being killed bye the hand of God is a great boon for the demons,for they will attain the spiritual planets-you dont expect God to live a mundane life do you-He's often apeared in the past as a warrior form-but you have no sense of magic and only beleive in the mundane and for that i pity you-

the Kalki avatar dosent come to preach but to wipe clean the earth of ALL evil and when this is done the satya-yuga(age of truth)will once again return.

let me see;the vedas predicted-Jesus' birth-Bhuddas-Lord Chaitanya's-and many more,so what's the chance of this expansion of God coming at the end of kali-yuga ..mmmmm-the only thing is is that when the time comes nobody will have a clue....oh He's been here many a time before and His personal form's come at the junction of the yuga's.

so i think that what you said is of pure ignorance and not in accordance to the vedas

Old 04-01-2010, 12:44 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,001,440 times
Quote:
what you dont realize as stated in the timless vedas is that near the end of kali-yuga the world will have plumeted into a hellish condition and the very kings that rule the planet will be powerefull demon's-only God in the form as Kalki will have the power to defeat these domons and if you had of read on you will see that their is no hope in winning them over bye conversation-also being killed bye the hand of God is a great boon for the demons,for they will attain the spiritual planets-you dont expect God to live a mundane life do you-He's often apeared in the past as a warrior form-but you have no sense of magic and only beleive in the mundane and for that i pity you-

the Kalki avatar dosent come to preach but to wipe clean the earth of ALL evil and when this is done the satya-yuga(age of truth)will once again return.

let me see;the vedas predicted-Jesus' birth-Bhuddas-Lord Chaitanya's-and many more,so what's the chance of this expansion of God coming at the end of kali-yuga ..mmmmm-the only thing is is that when the time comes nobody will have a clue....oh He's been here many a time before and His personal form's come at the junction of the yuga's.

so i think that what you said is of pure ignorance and not in accordance to the vedas
I don't believe in demons nor do I believe the God I understand to be evil towards anyone. So I just can't bring myself to believe what is contained in that link. And, BTW, Revelations was only an allegory for that time. It means nothing.
God will never come here to earth. He has His place in Paradise and cannot leave else you and everything else ever created will cease to exist.

Sorry, I don't buy into that stuff of yours. You're more than welcome to believe however you will though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality