Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:49 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by howmanyknow
Quote:
all power and authority belongs to us, humans..whom God gave the earth and God said have dominion over the earth. We as humans have legal authority over the earth given by God.
So does having legal authority over the earth prevent us from abusing the earth?
I don't think so. I even believe that because many Christians believe that they have 'legal' authority over the earth, it prevents them from acknowledging that they are abusing the earth and all other living entities living on our planet Earth.

And when did man (or Satan) required God's permission to do evil? Doesn't the need to have permission defeat the purpose of being evil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 06:28 PM

23 posts, read 93,301 times
When God created man, He gave him unconditional dominion over the earth. He didn't say that man's authority on earth was dependent upon anything--not even obedience. Most of us have been taught and still believe that man's dominion over the earth was conditional upon their obedience. This just isn't true. In Genesis 1:26-28, God does not place a condition on this dominion--He simply proclaims it. Many people will argue that once Adam and Eve sinned, God removed our authority and dominion over the earth, when in fact, it was man's choice--not God's-to give this power and authority over to the devil by yielding to him. The dominion God had given man was still present, but man chose to relinquish this power through sin and subsequently gave it to the devil. If God would have taken back this power, He would have gone back on His Word, which is something He does not do. The Lord said in Psalm 89:34: My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. We often apply man's standards to God in justifying what we would do instead of understanding the integrity of God's Word, which He has magnified above His name [Psalm 138:2].

Old 02-20-2008, 06:30 PM

i agree, humans are abusing the earth...but why..some humans tainted by satans evil...who have allowed satan to channel his evil deeds through them are allowing the earth to be destroyed...satan has perversed the earth and all that is in it

Old 02-20-2008, 06:32 PM

we dont require Gods permission to do evil..i never said that anywhere...we chose to do evil..God gave us free will and some choose to use it for bad...we have a choice...not all choose to do bad to the world

Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 PM

God gave us free will, to do what we want ...it is our choice..i never said it prevented us from doing bad to the earth...u TRICKY D are bring another issue into the argument...you cant discredit me on something i didnt say...

Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM

the power that Satan and his demons use against us is the power that God gave human beings--our own power. Again, Satan has no angelic power. Rather, he uses physical human beings to cooperate or yield to him. The only reason Satan is able to function is because people cooperate with him. Through our cooperation, we empower the devil to perform his destructive work. Since Satan is a spirit, he has no authority to function on earth without the cooperation of a physical body. If you remember in Genesis that God gave dominion over the earth to physical human beings. Consequently, spirit beings need the cooperation of someone with a physical body to function on earth. This also applies to God, Who is a Spirit [John 4:24] and angels. This is the reason God had to become a man, so that He could have the authority to exercise the power to bring salvation. This truth is illustrated in John 5:26-27 when the Lord said: For as the Father has life in himself; so has he given life to the Son to have life in himself; and has given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. And also in Romans 5:17-19: For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ. Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
As a man, Jesus not only had the power of God, but the authority to use it. If no person had cooperated with God, Jesus would have never been able to come; and we see this in Luke 1 when Gabriel came to Mary to tell her about Jesus. Has anyone ever wondered why God sent the angel to Mary instead of just doing it? As I'm trying to illustrate here, God has to have a person cooperate with Him, and He needed Mary to exercise faith and agree with God's plan in order for it to come to pass [Luke 1:38]. Once again, we have to understand the integrity of God when it relates to His Word. He will not do anything contrary to His Word, and when He gave to man complete dominion (power and authority) over the earth, He bound Himself by His Word

Old 02-20-2008, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by howmanyknow
Quote:
u TRICKY D are bring another issue into the argument...you cant discredit me on something i didnt say...
What makes you think that I was trying to discredit you?
The fact that I may not agree with you does not mean that I have this pathological need to discredit you.
I simply believe that humanity is perfectly able to Moderator cut: inappropriate language/reference the earth without the help of so called demons or the ultimate bogeyman Satan.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-21-2008 at 03:56 AM..

Old 02-20-2008, 07:22 PM

ok, i take it back...i understand you were not trying to discredit me..

but what is it in humans that you think inspires them to f**k up the world...? is it our thoughts...where do those thought come from?

Old 02-20-2008, 07:53 PM

Humanity is perfectly able to Moderator cut: inappropriate language all by himself, because most of the time he is unaware of his ignorance and / or stupidity. Man is generally unaware that he views reality only through his own (human) perspective. Man views himself as the epitome of God's / Nature’s creation.
To man it is self evident that he is created in God's image.
So most of the time man is completely unaware that he suffers from tunnel vision (aka ego).

Last edited by june 7th; 02-21-2008 at 03:59 AM..

Old 02-20-2008, 08:04 PM

well we are gods of this earth...maybe u like to think of yourself as simply water and carbon or something...but let me assure you we are more than that..why is it so hard to believe that we are the epitome..tell me of another living creature that can do all the things we can..in the same sense tell me of another creature that is able to make the same negative impact as humans..ignorant, stupidity and ego maybe, but wisdom is there if only you seek and find it..
so u say it is ignorance stupidity ego that makes man do this to earth...do other creatures on earth exhibit such advanced, yet distorted ability..and u say only most of the time..what about the rest of the time...of course we view from human perspective...we are humans, so who else's perspective are we meant to view earth?! lol, u have dodged the question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality