U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 02:12 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,306,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Sometimes the only answer is 'What the .....!!!'
If you read the Word of God, yourself, for understanding about His own creation, then you would not be so stupefied at what He has said.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 02:14 PM

310 posts, read 488,494 times
YSM that was a good example of why I can't take you seriously.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The "edenic" language?! They must have neglected to teach me that in college.

Not to mention that Engish is not a latin language, but actually Germanic with some borrowed latin words.
You speak Edenic/Hebrew, all mingled up. It is the mother tongue, and only from it do all etymons come, as the science of language was given only in those root, true, etymons.

English got all mingled with Latin through the French in the middle ages -everyone who takes Latin in school learns that! -Wait! They don't teach Latin anymore, do they, in general?, Well, nearly half of all English words come from Latin, through the French.
And Germanic is not itself one of the original seventy languages branched off from Edenic at Bab-el, but is a mixture of some of the leaves on the branches.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
YSM that was a good example of why I can't take you seriously.
Nor could I ever take your word for anythiing, as you do not believe the Word of God and trust in your own words and those of fallible men.
Say, did you post on a mtn biker forum before? -We may have crossed swords before.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:27 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,470,070 times
I admit that I did not wade through all 4 pages, so I apologize in advance if someone already posted this.
The human ability to speak is genetic. Scientists Identify a Language Gene

Other hominids may have had the same ability. Neandertals Had Same "Language Gene" as Modern Humans

Here is an interesting study on what happens when that gene is inserted into another species (in this case a mouse) http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/29/science/29mouse.html

Old 03-31-2010, 02:31 PM

2,893 posts, read 5,168,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
yeah, it seems the root of all language or what they call etymology is latin. why is that? also greek though im not so sure. i know for sure the greeks philosophers are the inventors of almost all branch of math and its formula, at least the basic.

No it isn't. There is an entire root of languages not related to Latin. All of the tonal languages such as Chinese (and all of it's many variants) and Japanese, and the island languages of the Pacific. None of these are based on Latin, and many existed *before* Latin.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 PM

310 posts, read 488,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Nor could I ever take your word for anythiing, as you do not believe the Word of God and trust in your own words and those of fallible men.
Say, did you post on a mtn biker forum before? -We may have crossed swords before.
Why are you riding a bicycle? The bible doesn't mention them so they don't exist. Also, I don't "cross swords" with someone as completely unarmed with logic and facts as you are. Sorry.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:29 PM

12,904 posts, read 18,458,797 times
Quote:
You speak Edenic/Hebrew, all mingled up. It is the mother tongue, and only from it do all etymons come, as the science of language was given only in those root, true, etymons.

English got all mingled with Latin through the French in the middle ages -everyone who takes Latin in school learns that! -Wait! They don't teach Latin anymore, do they, in general?, Well, nearly half of all English words come from Latin, through the French.
And Germanic is not itself one of the original seventy languages branched off from Edenic at Bab-el, but is a mixture of some of the leaves on the branches.
No, I'm pretty sure I speak English. They might speak "edenic" in the crystal palace on the sun but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't understand it. In fact, it would probably sound something like really loud and grating burning toast.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:42 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,639,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
so where does it fit in science's evolution of man?

i googled this is what i found:

In fact, the origin of speech and language (along with the development of sex and reproduction) remains one of the most significant hurdles in evolutionary theory, even in the twenty-first century. In an effort “make the problem go away,” some evolutionists have chosen not to even address the problem.

source:

The Origin of Language and Communication

and yet you continue to deny God or a supreme being or ID. have fun.

so evolution of life is soo complex it does not even know how language began. genius.
Yet another creationist who thinks that he/she can claim knowledge from no knowledge

First:
The theory of evolution explains the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations.
How is not knowing when, and what natural selection (environmental pressure) caused the genes capable of giving us the ability to talk is NOT a hurdle for the theory of evolution.
I'll give you an example of an hurdle for the theory of evolution - finding every species known dating back to the exact same time. Finding this, would absolutely destroy the theory of evolution. But somehow I don't think that will happen.

Second:
The problem with claiming knowledge from no knowledge.
The next time we have an unsolved murder, we can blame it on you. Because by your logic, not knowing what happen means I know you committed the crime. Because this is the nature of claiming knowledge from no knowledge.
Do you see the problem with this kind of thinking?

Old 03-31-2010, 04:35 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,727,451 times
Quote:
You speak Edenic/Hebrew, all mingled up. It is the mother tongue
Is it really? Then how do explain languages that were in existence before Hebrew developed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality