Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 02:48 AM

354 posts, read 749,373 times

Advertisements

whoa. i was searching etymology of words and found this:

http://www.google.com/ - this will only be seen today apparently... so for future reference... instead of google, you are supposed to see.. topeka.

i felt i was in twilight zone for a moment there.

Last edited by baket; 04-01-2010 at 03:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 05:36 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,195,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
whoa. i was searching etymology of words and found this:

Google - this will only be seen today apparently... so for future reference... instead of google, you are supposed to see.. topeka.

i felt i was in twilight zone for a moment there.
Happy April Fools Day.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:45 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Happy April Fools Day.
That was yesterday for me.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:56 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times

YouTube - Sanskrit Language: The Most Scientific, Ancient, Spiritual 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4gWh5jVgo

Old 04-01-2010, 10:00 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Why are you riding a bicycle? The bible doesn't mention them so they don't exist. Also, I don't "cross swords" with someone as completely unarmed with logic and facts as you are. Sorry.
Bicycle is a two wheeled [self powered] chariot for taking one's self from one place to another -locomotion.

Two is in the Bible.
wheels are in the Bible.
Chariots/ ["cars]",, is in the Bible.
loco-motion is in the Bible.
And I ride a bicycle -in fact, I think I'll go ride at least thirty miles today. I need it.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 AM

Sanskrit is only a child of Edenic/Hebrew, confounded at Babel, and it is probably one of the original seventy tongues of confounding at Babel from Edenic/Hebrew, as Japanese probably is, also, but both are just children of Edenic/Hebrew.

Hebrew Cognates in other Languages - Bible Wheel Forum

https://twitter.com/mozeson

Old 04-01-2010, 10:19 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Someone out there believes that if a device isn't specifically mentioned in the Bible, then it doesn't exist? I hope that person will soon stop posting here on C-D, because according to that "logic," there aren't any computers.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Someone out there believes that if a device isn't specifically mentioned in the Bible, then it doesn't exist? I hope that person will soon stop posting here on C-D, because according to that "logic," there aren't any computers.
Balvenie was the one who said nothing exists if it is not in the Bible.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:21 PM

310 posts, read 589,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Balvenie was the one who said nothing exists if it is not in the Bible.
Nope, you are, and apparently my tongue-in-cheek comment zoomed completely over your head. Every time someone mentions something scientific that you disagree with(which is most of the time) you babble bible verses and say that it can't be true because the bible doesn't say it's true. So by your way of thinking, most of the modern world shouldn't exist because the bible doesn't mention it.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Nope, you are, and apparently my tongue-in-cheek comment zoomed completely over your head. Every time someone mentions something scientific that you disagree with(which is most of the time) you babble bible verses and say that it can't be true because the bible doesn't say it's true. So by your way of thinking, most of the modern world shouldn't exist because the bible doesn't mention it.
Oh my! You have put your own words as if they came from my mind, and they are an intrusion...
I believe Adam was created a genius and that the world before the flood was so highly technologically advanced that we have not ever come to the samd heights of it.

I have stated that on more than one thread, and also that the Tower of Babel rebellion after the flood caused the LORD to set the human race of Adam back into another dark age which we have not yet come out of, and have never achieved the same heights of technology, yet, in any field of science, which they had.
"There is nothing new under the sun, what is there of which it can be said 'see, this is new'? for it has already been done by those who came before us..."
Ecc 1:10 Is there [any] thing whereof it may be said, See, this [is] new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
Ecc 1:10 Is there [any] thing whereof it may be said, See, this [is] new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
[There is] no remembrance of former [things]; neither shall there be [any] remembrance of [things] that are to come with [those] that shall come after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality