U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-02-2010, 12:06 PM
 
1,168 posts, read 1,046,593 times
Reputation: 87

Advertisements

It clearly says God made Man and from man he made woman...Male and female.

Now what those two have forgotten is that God makes...

After being cast or Driven out of EDEN...Man and woman decide to make their own...Like God?

And in that is where error ensues the Idea of God the creator...and the Human conundrum of what Exactly did God make...

Now we have word..God made Him out of Mud and dust...that is a far cry from how we are born today...into what truth?...is it God's truth they claim?....or is it their truth?

Jesus shows us we are also made of star stuff...LIGHT> from the truth...Atoms...and this is the Mud God used to make Male and female.

So TO say that God makes Gays and Lesbians and other types is in part in error...because it is not God who makes them holy...It is Man and women mating like animals...and in the wrong ways to boot, under a idol told not to have...and polluting the enviroments with their bent folly...So more mutations come about.


Now that is the truth out of their own bibles!...from reading the Bible, I'd take notes of exactly what it says......and that is what it says...the way it is, and the way it will always be , as truth to those who proclaim otherwise...So abomonations is what ADAM AND EVE and their children make...the wrong way.

Jesus came to forgive, and save some....Who listen, see, and do what God has said...

See?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2010, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,043 posts, read 30,788,680 times
Reputation: 12224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
It clearly says God made Man and from man he made woman...Male and female.

Now what those two have forgotten is that God makes...

After being cast or Driven out of EDEN...Man and woman decide to make their own...Like God?

And in that is where error ensues the Idea of God the creator...and the Human conundrum of what Exactly did God make...

Now we have word..God made Him out of Mud and dust...that is a far cry from how we are born today...into what truth?...is it God's truth they claim?....or is it their truth?

Jesus shows us we are also made of star stuff...LIGHT> from the truth...Atoms...and this is the Mud God used to make Male and female.

So TO say that God makes Gays and Lesbians and other types is in part in error...because it is not God who makes them holy...It is Man and women mating like animals...and in the wrong ways to boot, under a idol told not to have...and polluting the enviroments with their bent folly...So more mutations come about.


Now that is the truth out of their own bibles!...from reading the Bible, I'd take notes of exactly what it says......and that is what it says...the way it is, and the way it will always be , as truth to those who proclaim otherwise...So abomonations is what ADAM AND EVE and their children make...the wrong way.

Jesus came to forgive, and save some....Who listen, see, and do what God has said...

See?
See what happens when you think myths are real? You get everything wrong...Best throw that book away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 PM
 
2,024 posts, read 2,917,423 times
Reputation: 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
See what happens when you think myths are real? You get everything wrong...Best throw that book away.
good advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,495 posts, read 10,094,836 times
Reputation: 6839
So the Christian sacred book says homosexuality is against their God's law, well no disrespect to Christians, but not everybody in this world is a Christian, so I would assume that the law only applies to Christians and not those who are non-Christians. So how many Christians are homosexuals? And are the Roman Catholic priests that are pedophiles considered homosexuals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 02:54 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,196,189 times
Reputation: 14879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So the Christian sacred book says homosexuality is against their God's law, well no disrespect to Christians, but not everybody in this world is a Christian, so I would assume that the law only applies to Christians and not those who are non-Christians. So how many Christians are homosexuals? And are the Roman Catholic priests that are pedophiles considered homosexuals?
You know there is an interesting argument that the god of the Jews, was just that, the god of the Jews and as such, his laws only apply to his chosen people. So, no gay Jews, which will make many a bubbies happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,818,281 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So the Christian sacred book says homosexuality is against their God's law, well no disrespect to Christians, but not everybody in this world is a Christian, so I would assume that the law only applies to Christians and not those who are non-Christians. So how many Christians are homosexuals? And are the Roman Catholic priests that are pedophiles considered homosexuals?
Not according to this report:
Gay Priests No More Likely to Abuse, Study Finds - ABC News

Quote:
A preliminary report commissioned by the nation's Roman Catholic bishops on the roots of the clergy sex abuse scandal found no evidence that gay priests are more likely than heterosexual clergy to molest children, the lead authors of the study said Tuesday.

The full report by researchers at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice won't be completed until the end of next year. But the authors said that their evidence to date found no data indicating that homosexuality was a predictor of abuse.

"What we are suggesting is that the idea of sexual identity be separated from the problem of sexual abuse," said Margaret Smith of John Jay College, in a speech to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. "At this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now."

The question has been raised repeatedly within and outside the church because the overwhelming majority of known victims were boys. As part of the church's response to the crisis, the Vatican ordered a review of all U.S. seminaries that, among other issues, looked for any "evidence of homosexuality" in the schools.

Yet, many experts on sex offenders reject any link between sexual orientation and committing abuse. Karen Terry, a John Jay researcher, said it was important to distinguish between sexual identity and behavior, and to look at who the offender had access to when seeking victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,818,281 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So the Christian sacred book says homosexuality is against their God's law, well no disrespect to Christians, but not everybody in this world is a Christian, so I would assume that the law only applies to Christians and not those who are non-Christians. So how many Christians are homosexuals? And are the Roman Catholic priests that are pedophiles considered homosexuals?
In my opinion, when you look at the historical and cultural contexts in which the ancient Hebrew and Greek texts were written, it says that people should not be sacred temple prostitutes. Ie: use ritual sex practices in temples (whether same-gender or opposite gender) to worship fertillity gods to ensure that the crops will be abundant etc.

The problem is, we no longer have those temples to ancient fertility gods that the writers were referring to, and many people are not aware that they existed, (even though ALL the best pagan fertility gods used to have them )

There's not really anything clearly or specifically against homosexuality as a sexual orientation, despite what some modern English translators commissioned by conservative churches have decided.

However I believe they will eventually get it right.

Just look at how many modern bible translations have already corrected the mis-translation of the Hebrew word "qadesh" from "sodomite" in the KJV version to the more accurate "temple prostitute" or "cult prostitute in a number of verses.
Deuteronomy 23:17 No Israelite man or woman is to become a shrine prostitute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2010, 10:18 AM
 
1,168 posts, read 1,046,593 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So the Christian sacred book says homosexuality is against their God's law, well no disrespect to Christians, but not everybody in this world is a Christian, so I would assume that the law only applies to Christians and not those who are non-Christians. So how many Christians are homosexuals? And are the Roman Catholic priests that are pedophiles considered homosexuals?
The error comes in the form of sexual ludness...God makes Humankind (Adam and Eve) Adam and Eve Make Evil their children born under sin.

Sin is disobediance to God's word and will and laws...

what God said not to do, ...is done, ....and what God said to do ,...is not done.

Now you claim that Not everyone is Christian in the world...this is true...and it is also true that humankind all came from one ancestrial line way back in time...according to historians and archiological evedence,..so the root of humankind is from one source of the original two that made many.
That makes us simular in many ways....bloodwise.

What changes is the mindset due to the enviroments we have been born into.

And that is what Jesus saw and said go here, but do not Go there...

As he already knew some would listen, and some would not.

Now As others have said, God , Jesus, and the holy elite, shall Judge the world...

When?
Rev 17:17...Then we will know what God wants for no doubt will be left, and no wiggle room for debate or conjecture.

God makes...we are to tend and keep....Not doing what God has asked is only making things worse, as God judges the whole Earth...more pain and suffering for us all is duely noted...because of disobediance of those who keep saying I do not believe, and I can do what ever I want....and they proclaim there is not a God...

"Do onto others, as you would have done onto you"....

Disobediance brings God's wrath and woes onto us all....
So who are they (Gays Lesbians And pedophiles)+(sexually lude) hurting in that regard?..spreading deseases, and bent minds...abandanded children...and worse.

What is evil is also made known to us through Scriptures..Holy Bible.
Doing the complete opposite to the norm, or sound estates of life.
Knowing biology and the functioning of our bodies reproductive organs and their proper use, is not enough for them to realize they are in error.
They know they are are in error, but cannot control themselves.
They lust, and the lust is so strong in them to do the wrong, they claim they have rights to do....And they try to make us accept it as it is.

Why is it?

And here is what I think...because Humand have been breaking the first, and second commandments for a very long time...Since Egypt...and the use of Money (engraven idol) people have been born under it, and use it, and feel it is not this thing which God is talking about as a IDOL..(which Jesus Kicked out of his fathers house)

Now a true Christian who Follows Christ...does the same thing!
How many Christians do you see today doing that?

Not too many!

So we are born into Sin, under sin, by sin....and what do you think the out comes are?....Abomonations is used by God...and constant death is the reward!

And I would have tyo agree!

So the Saying "Your making a den of Evil doers is now rooted, from Christ's saying, "your making a den of robbers and thieves"

As for the pedophile in the church....what a perfect Icon image it makes for those who sin continually...Anti Christ, Anti God, Anti EDEN world we are now on...

And where is all this leading?

Destruction!
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2010, 10:22 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,818,281 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
The error comes in the form of sexual ludness...God makes Humankind (Adam and Eve) Adam and Eve Make Evil their children born under sin.

Sin is disobediance to God's word and will and laws...

God said not to do, is done, and what God said to do is not done.

Now you claim that Not everyone is Christian in the world...this is true...and it is also true that humankind all came from one ancestrial line way back in time...so the root of humankind is from one source of the original two.
That makes us simular in many ways....bloodwise.

What changes is the mindset due to the enviroments we have been born into.

And that is what Jesus saw and said go here, but do not Go there...

As he already knew some would listen, and some would not.

Now As others have said God , Jesus, and the holy elite shall Judge the world...

When?
Rev 17:17...Then we will know what God wants for no doubt will be left, and no wiggle room for debate or conjecture.

God makes...we are to tend and keep....Not doing what God has asked is only making things worse, as God judges the whole Earth...more pain and suffering for us all is duely noted...because of disobediance of those who keep saying I do not believe, and I can do what ever I want....

"Do onto others, as you would have done onto you"....

Disobediance brings God's wrath and woes onto us all....
So who are they (Gays Lesbians And pedophiles)+(sexually lude) hurting in that regard?

What is evil is also made known to us through Scriptures..Holy Bible.
Doing the complete opposite to the norm, or sound estates of life.
Knowing biology and the functioning of our bodies reproductive organs and their proper use, is not enough for them to realize they are in error.
They know they are are in error, but cannot control themselves.
They lust, and the lust is so strong in them to do the wrong, they claim they have rights to do....And they try to make us accept it as it is.

Why is it?

and here is what I think...because Humand have been breaking the first, and second commandments for a very long time...Since Egypt...and the use of Money (engraven idol) people have been born under it, and use it, and feel it is not this thing..(which Jesus Kicked out of his fathers house)

Now a true Christian who Follows Christ...does the same thing!
How many Christians do you see today doing that?

Not too many!

So we are born into Sin, under sin, by sin....and what do you think the out comes are?....Abomonations is used by God.

And I would have tyo agree!

So the Saying "Your making a den of Evil doers is now rooted, from Christ's saying, "your making a den of robbers and thieves"

As for the pedophile in the church....what a perfect Icon it makes for those who sin continually...Anti Christ, Anti God, Anti EDEN world we are now on...

And where is all this leading?

Destruction!
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2010, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Nanaimo, Canada
1,808 posts, read 1,527,024 times
Reputation: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
...Anti Christ, Anti God, Anti EDEN world we are now on...

And where is all this leading?

Destruction!
I have a fundimental disagreement with the above assessment. Our world is not anti-Christ or anti-Eden -- we're simply becoming more and more aware, as time marches on, that such views are not the only way to find our own version of inner peace.

I don't believe in the Garden of Eden, nor am I Christian -- but I'm not anti-Christian or anti-Eden. Both concepts are yours to make use of, and mine to discard as inapplicable to my worldview. Yes, you can bluster and shout and claim that I'm destined to hellfire and eternal torture when I die -- perhaps I am, and perhaps I am deluding myself with my religious views -- but it would be even worse than suffering the fires of hell, in my opinion, to live my life according to a set of principles that I do not find particularly compelling on a spiritual level. I consider that hypocrisy of the worst kind -- dishonest to myself and my religious views, and insulting to the religion that I claimed to follow.

Years ago, I found a path that allowed me to discover an inner peace and satisfaction that I had been seeking for a long, long time. Isn't that what religion -- any religion -- is all about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top