U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 AM

2,024 posts, read 2,907,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Everything is a choice.

Are you saying that a person does not have a choice as to what bed they get in? They have no choice as to who they have sex with? That when someone is using their body for sexual purposes they cannot say, NO!??? Are you comparing homosexuality to rape? If that is the case they we should try every act of homosexuality in a court of law!!! And punish the offender in prision.

So what is it? a choice or we punish the offenders?
We have no choice who we are attracted to and who we fall in love with. And, yes, normally that results in having sex with that person - same sex or opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
The same way that some are thieves, liars, murderers, Alcoholics....God created the people that do these things too.
You put gays in the same category as thieves and murderers? Pointless to discuss anything with a narrow-minded bigot like you. I just love how you fundies call yourself good christians who will go to heaven. If heaven is full of people like you I'd rather not spend eternity there.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 AM

2,616 posts, read 3,919,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Did you choose the color of your eyes? What about the language you speak? Did you choose that? Did you choose your skin tone?

Now, you could *choose* to change the color of your eyes with contacts, but it only hides your true nature. You could learn a new language, but that won't change the wiring your brain acquired from learning your native language. You can go get a tan, but your skin's ability to pigment is still the same.
Yet, the picking of the contacts, which tanning salon to go to and which language software to use are all choices.

Homosexuality is a choice just like drinking alcohol. But the alcoholic wants it to be a disease because he wants to be devoid of responsibility for his actions. The same is for the homosexual!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
We have no choice who we are attracted to and who we fall in love with. And, yes, normally that results in having sex with that person - same sex or opposite sex.

Abnormally!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Yet, the picking of the contacts, which tanning salon to go to and which language software to use are all choices.

Homosexuality is a choice just like drinking alcohol. But the alcoholic wants it to be a disease because he wants to be devoid of responsibility for his actions. The same is for the homosexual!
Did you choose to become heterosexual?

You're a waste of space and not worth my time. Bigot.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:11 AM

2,893 posts, read 5,165,166 times
Quote:

Brain physiology. Learn some.

Homosexuals are wired that way. They cannot "choose" their attraction to the same sex any more than you chose your attraction to the opposite sex.

They may, because they are human, override their instinctual desires wired into their brains, but denying one's true nature is long known to be psychologically damaging.

So you are putting homosexuals into the position of "You are, by your nature, an aberration, and in order to not be an aberration, you must act in a way that is damaging and dangerous to you, thus making you unstable."

Is that what you call Christian love?

Old 04-01-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
You put gays in the same category as thieves and murderers?
I did not put homosexuals in the same category as theives and murderers, God did. Anyone who commits adultery is a theif.

Marriage is the covenant of one man and one woman under God. Any sex out of this relationship is Adultery.

Quote:
Pointless to discuss anything with a narrow-minded bigot like you.
I am bigotted against sin if anything, Just like God.

Quote:
I just love how you fundies call yourself good christians who will go to heaven. If heaven is full of people like you I'd rather not spend eternity there.
So you mean Pure, Holy, Righteous people like me? Yes those will be the people in heaven.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Did you choose to become heterosexual?

You're a waste of space and not worth my time. Bigot.
I am a male and I choose to obey God's law!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:16 AM

2,893 posts, read 5,165,166 times
Quote:
I did not put homosexuals in the same category as theives and murderers, God did. Anyone who commits adultery is a theif.

Marriage is the covenant of one man and one woman under God. Any sex out of this relationship is Adultery.

I am bigotted against sin if anything, Just like God.

So you mean Pure, Holy, Righteous people like me? Yes those will be the people in heaven.

I guess your picture is in the dictionary next to "humility"?

Old 04-01-2010, 10:21 AM

13,837 posts, read 9,645,205 times
Quote:
Your modesty knows no bounds does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality