Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 05:41 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Rebuttal to the Standard Believer Response:

You forget, this is Creation v2.0. God wasn't happy with the first version, and killed everything with a Great Flood. So, the Bible itself freely admits that God screwed up and had to make a second attempt.

Logically, this suggests that -- since any presumed homosexuals on Creation 1.0 would have been killed in the Flood -- any that remained after the flood were put there by God himself after he launched v2.0 (since sin had, in accordance with God's own wishes, been purged from the Earth by the Flood).

Noah was selected by God to build and populate the Ark, so we can safely assume that he and his family were not homosexual (or else they would have died in the Flood with the rest of the world).

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that -- since Creation 2.0 hasn't required any major patch releases in the past few thousand years -- homosexuality is an intended feature of Creation 2.0 and is Working As Designed.

(I wonder, does this mean we can look at Heaven as some sort of 'Expansion Pack'? )

Well played, sir. Well played!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
...but god created homosexuals.

How does that work?
Regardless of whether God created homosexuals or not the poinnt is that whatever an individual chooses or is by nature is besides the point. Homosexuals are human being and deserve the same treatment, respect, dignity as any other human being.
If it is against God, well, God will judge that person. For us humans to mistreat homosexuals goes against God command to love your fellow human beings. Jesus did not mistreat prostitutes, did he? So people that believe following Jesus follow the same example.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Except there is no free will regarding who you are biologically attracted to.

It is a well known fact that guys are controlled by other parts of their anatomy other than their brain, and as I a guy, I am fully prepared to testify to that fact.

As a heterosexual, a Halle Berry or better walks across my path, before my brain can register the fact, my other brain is leaping in to action. When, pick the male stud of the day, walks by, the brain in my head may or may not recognize them, but my other brain is acting like someone in a vegetative state, lifeless.

So what happens with my gay friends. Well I can speak for how there bodies respond to certain specific stimuli but I do feel comfortable sharing my observations of their outward expressions when those stimuli present themselves.

If I am standing with one of our gay or lesbian friends, I find that that our lesbian friends have a tendency to let their eyes wander to the buttocks area of other women, much as my eyes wander no matter how hard I try not to, especially when in the presence of my wife. But alas no matter how hard I consciously try not to, I still do, which leads me to wonder if I am just a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

As for our gay friends, they and my wife seem to take note of passing men in a very similar fashion, although I will admit they neither are as circumspect when doing so (there is some double standard their which I will not question).

All of this leads me to the understanding that sexual attraction is not a function of free will, in fact it operates both independently and in most cases in defiance of said free will.

That being the case, it is my conclusion that the evidence of heterosexual or homosexual attraction is purely a matter of one's particular biological make-up. In short, it is either by god's design or his error. Either way, it is not the fault, or the sin, of the persons in question.

Thank you for your indulgence.
I wasn't referring to homosexuality.
I just said that humans screw up; God doesn't.

Thank YOU for understanding.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Don't forget guys, in the Bible, Lot is a role model.
Yes, indeed. Lot was a Righteous man favoured by Yahweh! Who offered his virgin daughters up to get gang raped. Then later had incestuous sex with them and got them pregnant.

And what about Yahweh's poster boy Abraham? He married his half-sister Sarah, got his wife's slavewoman Hagar pregnant and had a bunch of concubines he had sex with and had children with.

Do any of these (self) Righteous bigots actually READ the whole Bible?
It certainly doesn't seem that way. Unless they just squeze their eyes shut or go into brain disconnect whenever there is a part that doesn't support their (self) Righteous rantings.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Regardless of whether God created homosexuals or not the poinnt is that whatever an individual chooses or is by nature is besides the point. Homosexuals are human being and deserve the same treatment, respect, dignity as any other human being.
If it is against God, well, God will judge that person. For us humans to mistreat homosexuals goes against God command to love your fellow human beings. Jesus did not mistreat prostitutes, did he? So people that believe following Jesus follow the same example.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to elamigo again."

Old 04-01-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post

You have a great day.
El Amigo
In other words, love the sinner but hate the sin.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,675 times
The Bible also says homosexuals should be put to death. So how many of you fine christian folks believe this is the perfect word of God? Be honest.

It'd really be nice if some of you would stop cherry picking one particular thing from the Old Testament and nothing else. Either believe in all of it or none of it. But no, you won't do that. That would probably interfere in your lives in an inconvenient way. We certainly can't have that, now can we?

Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
The Bible also says homosexuals should be put to death. So how many of you fine christian folks believe this is the perfect word of God? Be honest.
You don't know much about the subject, do you? The Earth we live on is nowhere near perfect. It's not supposed to be... we are here for a learning experience. The perfect world (universe, actually) is the afterlife (heaven). I could go into more detail, but I don't think you would understand. No insult meant, just going by what you posted.

Quote:
It'd really be nice if some of you would stop cherry picking one particular thing from the Old Testament and nothing else. Either believe in all of it or none of it. But no, you won't do that. That would probably interfere in your lives in an inconvenient way. We certainly can't have that, now can we?
That is no excuse for not living a moral life.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You don't know much about the subject, do you? The Earth we live on is nowhere near perfect. It's not supposed to be... we are here for a learning experience. The perfect world (universe, actually) is the afterlife (heaven). I could go into more detail, but I don't think you would understand. No insult meant, just going by what you posted.

That is no excuse for not living a moral life.
In other words homosexuals are automatically immoral?

Old 04-01-2010, 11:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
divorce is against gods law but 50% do it, works the same way.
wanting to do something and doing it are 2 different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality