Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times

Advertisements

...but god created homosexuals.

How does that work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 12:43 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,403,057 times
No, God makes everyone straight. Don't you remember when you reached puberty, and on your 13th birthday, you sat down, considered the pros and cons of remaining straight or defying God's law and becoming gay or bi, and chose your sexuality? Didn't you get that checklist in your middle-school Health Education class that helped you choose? Didn't you fill out that form listing your choice when you applied for your Social Security card? At least that's how we do it in the US -- I can't speak for other countries.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:44 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
...but god created homosexuals.

How does that work?
Stand by for 'No he didn't. They choose to do it'. That one always gets me laughing.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:47 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Stand by for 'No he didn't. They choose to do it'. That one always gets me laughing.

I think HanuMan has already nuked that site from orbit.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonuMan View Post
No, God makes everyone straight. Don't you remember when you reached puberty,
I do indeed, a divine light shined down and illuminated the vision of Miss May, and forever more I was committed to a life of lesbian depravity, being a lesbian trapped in a man's body that is.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
I remember when I was 11 or 12 or so, and started to finally come to grips with the fact I was just "different". I didn't even care about dating or girls or boys, or anything, but as time went on there was think sinking realization that when I looked at a person, I was just plain attracted to guys and not girls (I'm a guy).

It was a living hell trying to figure things out and come to grips with everything on my own in a smaller town. The close people I would naturally go to with ANY problem were suddenly, and for the first time - off limits. It was always being said it was a "sin" and "evil", and a choice made by some damned person.

So there I was, around 15 or so, with the sudden awareness that everything I had heard about homosexuality from Christianity was WRONG. So many things about religion are intangible anyway, stories, teachings, ideas. Suddenly I had something concrete that I knew as a fact, and through that it really broke my unforgiving trust in religion and the bible.

I figured, if this was obviously not in reality how it is being spread via religion - then who knows what else might just be human opinion, ancient ideas, and otherwise not universal law. It was quite a wake-up call.

I'm not against religion per say - but I'm definitely skeptical of it. Especially people who read the bible and live by the words. Who devote their lives to something and close their minds off to everything else when who knows if it's even the best thing for them.

I'm a good person, I do good things, and I'm moral. I'm that way because I WANT to be that way, not because I'm told to be that way with threats of hell and sinning. Let people live their own lives.... judge them on their actions towards humanity. Don't judge them on how they live up to a rigid set of 2,000 year old rules from a book.

I'm no more a sinner for being gay than I am for being left handed or having green eyes. It's just the way I was born. Live and let live.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:28 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I'm a good person, I do good things, and I'm moral. I'm that way because I WANT to be that way, not because I'm told to be that way with threats of hell and sinning. Let pepole live their own lives, judge them on their actions towards humanity. Don't judge them on how they live up to a rigid set of 2,000 year old rules in a book.

I'm no more a sinner for being gay than I am for being left handed or having green eyes. It's just the way I was born. Life and let live.
Hear! Hear!

Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yeah, I always seriously roll my eyes at that one.

You CHOOSE to have steak or lobster.

You CHOOSE to divorce your wife for another woman.

You don't CHOOSE to be attracted to women or men. I tell people when they say that: If you date women and chose to like women, then couldn't you plausibly just choose to date men instead if you felt like it? You know, just flip the switch back and forth. "EWW GROSS". Duh, hello, that's your answer right there. You didn't CHOOSE to like women, you woke up one day and were drooling over the girl nextdoor. Not her brother.

Or did you sit down with a pencil and make a long list deciding if it's gonna be guys or girls.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:38 PM

354 posts, read 749,503 times
hey im from IL too. im a girl though. so are you saying you gave in to your sexual urge? i envy you. coz i still can't. i have many factors: my belief, my family, stigma, emotionally, i also dont think i am ready to take that leap to my sexual discovery. i also have trust issues. i am pretty messed up that's why i am miserable. i do have one heterosexual crush when i was 10 and actually plan to name my kid after him, though i doubt i will have kids but oh well.

i honestly dont know how i went from this boy who made my heart literally skipped out of my body and run to him(well at least that is how i felt) to being really really attracted to girls and only girls. i am afraid my constant deprivation of giving in to my same sex attraction made me frigid and boring.

sometimes i hate how i have a really really good strong self control. although i know it is mainly rooted from fear and cowardice.

so ya i believe you choose that lifestyle. by letting go.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
hey im from IL too. im a girl though. so are you saying you gave in to your sexual urge? i envy you. coz i still can't.
Baket,

Drop that holy roller crap, don't sell your family short, and screw stigma.

I recently found out that my niece was a lesbian while checking out her Facebook page. I can't tell you how long it took me to give her a piece of my mind. How could she keep such a thing from me, how could she bring her girl friend over for family events without telling me!

So, she comes up with this lame excuse about how she didn't know how me or my wife, her aunt, would take it. This lead to another 10 minute tirade, which ended this way,
We love you, we have always loved you and we will always love you.
If your family can't say that too you, they aren't worthy of being called family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality