Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 02:38 AM

69 posts, read 95,592 times

Advertisements

Homosexuality from a Quranic perspective

[SIZE=4]SURA IV: 19-21[/SIZE]

19. But whoso rebels against God and His Apostle, and transgresses His bounds, He will make him enter into fire, and dwell therein for aye; and for him is shameful woe.

20. Against those of your women who commit adultery, call witnesses four in number from among yourselves; and if these bear witness, then keep the women in houses until death release them, or God shall make for them a way.
21. And if two (men) of you commit it, then hurt them both; but if they turn again and amend, leave them alone, verily, God is easily turned, compassionate.

[SIZE=4]SURA VII: 78-84 [On Lot at Sodom][/SIZE]

78. Then the earthquake took them, and in the morning they lay prone in their dwellings;

79. and he turned away from them and said, 'O my people! I did preach to you the message of my Lord, and I gave you good advice; but ye love not sincere advisers.'

80. And Lot, when he said to his people, 'Do ye approach an abomination which no one in all the world ever anticipated you in?

81. verily, ye approach men with lust rather than women- nay, ye are a people who exceed.'

82.But his people's answer only was to say, 'Turn them out of your village, verily, they are a people who pretend to purity.'

83. But we saved him and his people, except his wife, who was of those who lingered;
84. and we rained down upon them a rain;- see then how was the end of the sinners!

[SIZE=4]SURA XI: 77-84 [On Lot at Sodom][/SIZE]

77. And when our messengers came to Lot, he was grieved for them; but his arm was straitened for them, and he said, 'This is a troublesome day!'

78. And his people came to him, rushing at him, for before that they used to work evil. He 'Said, 'O my people! here are my daughters, they are purer for you; then, fear God, and do not disgrace me through my guests;- is there not among you one right-thinking man?'

79. They said, 'Thou knowest that we have no claim on thy daughters; verily, thou knowest what we want!'

80. He said, 'Had I but power over you; or could I but resort to some strong column....!'

81. (The angels) said, 'O Lot! verily, we are the messengers of thy Lord, they shall certainly not reach thee; then travel with thy people in the darkness of the night, and let none of you look round except thy wife: verily, there shall befall her what befalls them. Verily, their appointment is for the morning! and is not the morning nigh?'

82. And when our bidding came, we made their high parts their low parts. And we rained down upon them stones and baked clay one after another,

83. marked, from thy Lord, and these are not so far from the unjust!
84. And unto Midian (we sent) their brother Sho'haib. He said, 'O my people! serve God; ye have no god but Him, and give not short measure and weight. Verily, 'I see you well off; but, verily, I fear for you the torments of an encompassing day.

[SIZE=4]SURA XXVI: 160-174 [On Lot and Sodom][/SIZE]

160. The people of Lot called the apostles liars;

161 when their brother Lot said to them, 'Do ye not fear?

162. verily, I am to you a faithful apostle;

163. then fear God and obey me.

164 I do not ask you for it any hire; my hire is only with the Lord of the worlds.

165 Do ye approach males of all the world

166 and leave what God your Lord has created for you of your wives? nay, but ye are people who transgress!'

167 They said, 'Surely, if thou dost not desist, O Lot! thou shalt be of those who are expelled!'

168 Said he, 'Verily, I am of those who hate your deed;

169 my Lord! save me and my people from what they do.'

170 And we saved him and his people all together,

171 except an old woman amongst those who lingered.

172 Then we destroyed the others;

173 and we rained down upon them a rain; and evil was the rain of those who were warned.

174 Verily, in that is a sign; but most of them will never be believers.
175 And, verily, thy Lord He is mighty, merciful, compassionate.

[SIZE=4]SURA XXIX: 28-35 [On Lot and Sodom][/SIZE]

28. And (remmber) Lot when he said to his people, 'Verily, ye approach an abomination which no one in all the world ever anticipated you in!

29. What! do ye approach men? (or Do you commit sexual acts with men?) and stop folks on the highway? And approach in your assembly sin?' but the answer of his people was only to say, 'Bring us God's torment, if thou art of those who speak the truth!'

30. Said he, 'My Lord! help me against a people who do evil!'

31. And when our messengers came to Abraham with the glad tidings, they said, 'We are about to destroy the people of this city. Verily, the people thereof are wrong-doers.'

32. Said he, 'Verily, in it is Lot; they said, 'We know best who is therein; we shall of a surety save him and his people, except his wife, who is of those who linger.'

33. And when our messengers came to Lot, he was vexed for them, and his arm was straitened for them; and they said, 'Fear not, neither grieve; we are about to save thee and thy people, except thy wife, who is of those who linger.

34. Verily, we are about to send down upon the people of this city a horror from heaven, for that they have sinned;

35. and we have left therefrom a manifest sign unto a people who have sense.'

[SIZE=4]ON THE OTHER HAND[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]

[/SIZE]
Although the Qu'ran does not have verse explicitly in favor of homosexuality, it does have verses which show awareness of male beauty. These are promises made to men who make it to Heaven.

[SIZE=4]SURA LII:24[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]

[/SIZE]
"And there shall wait on them [the Muslim men] young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls."

[SIZE=4]SURA LXXVI:19[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]

[/SIZE]
"They shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who will seem like scattered pearls to the beholders."

So basically the Quran has not much to say although it does imply dispproval. But one thing that caught my attention is:

What! do ye approach men? and stop folks on the highway?

Gang rape?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 08:00 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
^ that's a lot of words - but what's your point? That reads like coded babble.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:08 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
...but god created homosexuals.

How does that work?
The same way that some are thieves, liars, murderers, Alcoholics....God created the people that do these things too.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:12 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The same way that some are thieves, liars, murderers, Alcoholics....God created the people that do these things too.
All those things you mention are CHOICES....Homosexuality is NOT a choice.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
All those things you mention are CHOICES....Homosexuality is NOT a choice.
Everything is a choice.

Are you saying that a person does not have a choice as to what bed they get in? They have no choice as to who they have sex with? That when someone is using their body for sexual purposes they cannot say, NO!??? Are you comparing homosexuality to rape? If that is the case they we should try every act of homosexuality in a court of law!!! And punish the offender in prision.

So what is it? a choice or we punish the offenders?

Old 04-01-2010, 08:37 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,267 times
Quote:
Everything is a choice.

Are you saying that a person does not have a choice as to what bed they get in? They have no choice as to who they have sex with? That when someone is using their body for sexual purposes they cannot say, NO!??? Are you comparing homosexuality to rape? If that is the case they we should try every act of homosexuality in a court of law!!! And punish the offender in prision.

Did you choose the color of your eyes? What about the language you speak? Did you choose that? Did you choose your skin tone?

Now, you could *choose* to change the color of your eyes with contacts, but it only hides your true nature. You could learn a new language, but that won't change the wiring your brain acquired from learning your native language. You can go get a tan, but your skin's ability to pigment is still the same.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:51 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Everything is a choice.

Your birth may have been a choice , but it was not your choice...Many other aspects of what makes you, you are not choices, including your sexual preferences.

Of course I have a choice who I have sex with and that is none of your business, nor is it your business who homosexuals choose to have sex with.

You say punish the offenders and babble on about rape..I said nothing about rape....I guess you would like to see homosexuality as a crime would you? I would much prefer bigotry listed as a criminal offence.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:04 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranist View Post

What! do ye approach men? and stop folks on the highway?

Gang rape?
Perhaps it was a slow donkey zone and men were speeding? Makes as much sense as the rest of it.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Everything is a choice.

Are you saying that a person does not have a choice as to what bed they get in? They have no choice as to who they have sex with? That when someone is using their body for sexual purposes they cannot say, NO!???

Apparently, you believe that sex is the sum total of homosexuality, love and affection have nothing to do with it? If sexual attraction, in this case meaning feelings of desire to love another human being is a natural occurrence, meaning that the individual is naturally hard wired to be attracted to humans of their same gender that they should deny that attraction even though this attraction is no fault of their own? If that is the case, and if one believes that god, the intelligent designer, then wouldn't it not follow that god screwed the pooch when it came to his design?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Apparently, you believe that sex is the sum total of homosexuality, love and affection have nothing to do with it? If sexual attraction, in this case meaning feelings of desire to love another human being is a natural occurrence, meaning that the individual is naturally hard wired to be attracted to humans of their same gender that they should deny that attraction even though this attraction is no fault of their own? If that is the case, and if one believes that god, the intelligent designer, then wouldn't it not follow that god screwed the pooch when it came to his design?

Standard believer response:

God's design was perfect. Sin has distorted and twisted his perfect design. Homosexuality is a defect brought about by the sin of man, and thus homosexuality is sinful in nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality