Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM

20 posts, read 40,869 times

Advertisements

I am totally with the gentleman who said this group is being led FROM the Bible! All I can say is, this false doctrine knows me well as a soldier for Jesus Christ that stands up against them, and I am praying for their revelation of the REAL TRUTH. AMEN.

Last edited by adeliaw; 06-01-2009 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: I needed to change my subject line!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 PM

Default Oh My Goodness! Armstrongism?

WOW! I didn't even know who Armstrong was, and came across a book online about the last days written by Ronald Weinland. He thinks he and Armstrong are the last two final witnesses of the last days. Well, considering these two are supposed to be killed by the antichrist and their dead bodies left in the streets of Jerusalem to be raised after 3 1/2 days, I'd say they're one short! Armstrong's dead. It was AFTER I read this book, that I came in contact with this cult! Amazing, or maybe not so amazing, that these false prophets are connected!

Old 06-03-2009, 04:13 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Do you believe that scripture says:

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe." (1 Timothy 4:10) (KJV)

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:22-28) (KJV)

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." (John 1:29)

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. (John 6:33) (KJV)

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (John 12:32) (KJV)

These are just six pieces of scripture that say that Christ's death will eventually (not right away) but eventually will save everyone. There are plenty more scriptures if you care to take a closer look.

Also, you say that "Mr Smith is not led by the Holy Spirit, because he is causing factions, controversies, and quarrels." Let me ask you something did not Christ himself say, "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34) (KJV) Christ's word has always caused factions even from the first second he opened his mouth.

Also, the numerous references to hell you say are inaccurate translations of the words: Gehenna (the city garbage dump which has not needed to be translated), Hades, Taratus, Sheol, and also the word aion being translated eternal should be translated age-biding. Get a translation like Young's and Rotherham's (not avaliable in stores, but you can order it online) and your eyes will be opened.

Also, you say that "Every reply from Mr Smith that I have read, he attacks the person not with love but with contempt". You do not think he says it with love just because it's harsh. Look what Jesus said in Matthew 23: 13-28:

"
13`Wo to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye shut up the reign of the heavens before men, for ye do not go in, nor those going in do ye suffer to enter.
14`Wo to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye eat up the houses of the widows, and for a pretence make long prayers, because of this ye shall receive more abundant judgment.
15`Wo to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye go round the sea and the dry land to make one proselyte, and whenever it may happen -- ye make him a son of gehenna twofold more than yourselves.
16`Wo to you, blind guides, who are saying, Whoever may swear by the sanctuary, it is nothing, but whoever may swear by the gold of the sanctuary -- is debtor!
17Fools and blind! for which [is] greater, the gold, or the sanctuary that is sanctifying the gold?
18`And, whoever may swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever may swear by the gift that is upon it -- is debtor!
19Fools and blind! for which [is] greater, the gift, or the altar that is sanctifying the gift?
20`He therefore who did swear by the altar, doth swear by it, and by all things on it;
21and he who did swear by the sanctuary, doth swear by it, and by Him who is dwelling in it;
22and he who did swear by the heaven, doth swear by the throne of God, and by Him who is sitting upon it.
23`Wo to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye give tithe of the mint, and the dill, and the cumin, and did neglect the weightier things of the Law -- the judgment, and the kindness, and the faith; these it behoved [you] to do, and those not to neglect.
24`Blind guides! who are straining out the gnat, and the camel are swallowing.
25`Wo to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye make clean the outside of the cup and the plate, and within they are full of rapine and incontinence.
26`Blind Pharisee! cleanse first the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside of them also may become clean.
27`Wo to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye are like to whitewashed sepulchres, which outwardly indeed do appear beautiful, and within are full of bones of dead men, and of all uncleanness;
28so also ye outwardly indeed do appear to men righteous, and within ye are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
29`Wo to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and adorn the tombs of the righteous,
30and say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31So that ye testify to yourselves, that ye are sons of them who did murder the prophets;
32and ye -- ye fill up the measure of your fathers.
33`Serpents! brood of vipers! how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna?"
(Matthew 23:13-28) He makes Ray sound tame by comparison and this is just one example. Jesus was loving, but very harsh and perfectly frank when he needed to be. And no, you have not blessed him, you have cursed him to hell. These scriptures are just a couple of examples which if you take a look at and read the Bible closely, you'll find more examples that point to everyone being saved only because of Christ's cross.

Happy reading!
Very good points! God bless.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:26 PM

428 posts, read 800,394 times
To answer the OP, I think he is right on about alot of stuff...not all but alot!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Default Written for you and yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Very good points! God bless.
I invite you to my website to read many hubs that address your doctrinal beliefs, written by a move of the Spirit within me for you! (humbly so, as I've labored many many hours). If you feel so inclined, please check it out; if not, I've given you the invitation. I strongly feel because those in your doctrine are not yet saved (nor do they claim to be), and therefore do not have the guidance into all truth given by the Holy Spirit of God alone (which is scriptural, even according to your doctrine), you need to remain open to what is being shown to you. Check it all out on e-sword, if you would also. The link to my site is here: Carrie Bradshaw on HubPages

Old 06-05-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeliaw View Post
I invite you to my website to read many hubs that address your doctrinal beliefs, written by a move of the Spirit within me for you! (humbly so, as I've labored many many hours). If you feel so inclined, please check it out; if not, I've given you the invitation. I strongly feel because those in your doctrine are not yet saved (nor do they claim to be), and therefore do not have the guidance into all truth given by the Holy Spirit of God alone (which is scriptural, even according to your doctrine), you need to remain open to what is being shown to you. Check it all out on e-sword, if you would also. The link to my site is here: Carrie Bradshaw on HubPages
Hi adeliaw, your link does not lead directly to the article, so not sure which one it is.

You are stating that I am not saved?

Old 06-05-2009, 02:56 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
I invite you to my website to read many hubs that address your doctrinal beliefs, written by a move of the Spirit within me for you! (humbly so, as I've labored many many hours). If you feel so inclined, please check it out; if not, I've given you the invitation. I strongly feel because those in your doctrine are not yet saved (nor do they claim to be), and therefore do not have the guidance into all truth given by the Holy Spirit of God alone (which is scriptural, even according to your doctrine), you need to remain open to what is being shown to you. Check it all out on e-sword, if you would also. The link to my site is here:
Hi believers who believe in the eventual restoration of all to God through Jesus Christ are in a saving relationship with God, adeliaw. I have been a believer for many years, knowing that Jesus died for sins. He is my Savior and Lord just as He is your Savior and Lord. We have a different understanding on some things that are presented in the scriptures. Thanks for sharing anyway. God bless.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Hi believers who believe in the eventual restoration of all to God through Jesus Christ are in a saving relationship with God, adeliaw. I have been a believer for many years, knowing that Jesus died for sins. He is my Savior and Lord just as He is your Savior and Lord. We have a different understanding on some things that are presented in the scriptures. Thanks for sharing anyway. God bless.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 PM

Default Hub Title: Refute of Salvation for ALL Doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Hi adeliaw, your link does not lead directly to the article, so not sure which one it is.

You are stating that I am not saved?
I'm not stating you are not saved; that would be your call. Many that follow L. Ray Smith's teachings or guidance and the CLT Bible do not claim to be saved...yet. You can start with this link and go from there...http://hubpages.com/_1atqh1n72kj31/h...R-ALL-DOCTRINE While I've written other hubs, such as "Salvation: Unless God "Drag" Us?, "Who Are God's Elect?", and "God Created Evil", many of the spiritual hubs written are to address these teachings of L. Ray Smith. I mean well, and feel I must share what I've studied to fight the good fight, as all you are attempting to do as well. Our goal should be for the salvation of people, and I believe it comes through the cross, not through fire of any sort. Our works are tried by fire, and only the works of the Lord will be rewarded (not burned up). I believe salvation is for today and not for the "eventual" dragging of God. In His love, Carrie

Last edited by adeliaw; 06-06-2009 at 12:14 AM..

Old 06-06-2009, 12:02 AM

Default I invite you to read my hubs

Quote:
ShanaBrown: I'm not the One who will determine whether or not you are saved. Many who follow the teachings of L. Ray Smith do not believe they are saved...yet. I'm not even sure what Ray claims as to his salvation. His teachings and the Concordant Translation of the Bible (CLT) as a work in progress are definitely concerning to me and soooo many other saved believers. I invite you to read my hub "Refute of Salvation for ALL Doctrine" at this link: REFUTE of SALVATION for ALL Doctrine

The Word warns us as follows:

There will be those who have once tasted of the heavenly gift (gift of salvation/the Spirit), yet they turn from the truth and follow after wickedness, thus crucifying to themselves the Lord again and putting Him to open shame! For these, the Word says, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance (Hebrews 6:4).

All of us are in His hands ~ in His love, Carrie

Last edited by adeliaw; 06-06-2009 at 12:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality