Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:45 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,259 times

Advertisements

The Bible says to Love thy Neighbor. But, what if your nieighbor is a Muslim or of another religion that does not acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God? The Bible refers to such individuals as the Anti-Christ. Are you still suppose to love the Anti-Christ or is this a contridiction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 06:56 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times
Jesus said to love one another, He did not put ANY conditions on that. This doesn't mean that you have to be the best of friends, but it doesn't mean that you should ignore or show hatred toward them either. Personally, I would treat them like any other human being...granted, I feel one should be very vigilant (sp) but I wouldn't treat them as if they are the Anti-Christ

Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,259 times
Default Very basic answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Bible says to Love thy Neighbor. But, what if your nieighbor is a Muslim or of another religion that does not acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God? The Bible refers to such individuals as the Anti-Christ. Are you still suppose to love the Anti-Christ or is this a contridiction?
First, people of another religion or who don't believe in religion are not the anti-Christ. They are just people. The anti-Christ is a totally different category than a non-religious or other-religious person.

Second, yes, you are to love them with Christ-like love no matter what their religious affiliation or lack thereof. You are to express the teachings of Jesus through your actions. Your actions should reflect that you follow Jesus, even if (and especially if) they don't want anything to do with Him.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:06 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
First, people of another religion or who don't believe in religion are not the anti-Christ. They are just people. The anti-Christ is a totally different category than a non-religious or other-religious person.

Second, yes, you are to love them with Christ-like love no matter what their religious affiliation or lack thereof. You are to express the teachings of Jesus through your actions. Your actions should reflect that you follow Jesus, even if (and especially if) they don't want anything to do with Him.

I did not say that people who "do not believe in religion" are the anti-christ. I stated that the Bible says that those who deny that Jesus is the Son of God is the anticrist.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:09 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
I did not say that people who "do not believe in religion" are the anti-christ. I stated that the Bible says that those who deny that Jesus is the Son of God is the anticrist.
Where does it say that? I'm curious. Many, many people deny that Jesus was the son of God. How can they all be the antichrist? Isn't there supposed to just be one?

Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Not only love thy neighbor. We must also love our enemies, do good to those who despise us, rejoice when persecuted.

Whether your neighbor is Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, atheist, Satanist, or just a jerk...you're still commanded to love. Period.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 PM

267 posts, read 533,551 times
During the years of my childhood study of the Christian religion we were taught that we ought not to be friends with children of another religion. Being that I haven't been able to find a quote to support that, I'm not sure what to tell you. It may be a contradiction. Or, it may be a pastor led away from his purpose.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
dorado0359 wrote:
Quote:
I stated that the Bible says that those who deny that Jesus is the Son of God is the anticrist.
That seems a bit extreme. My philosophy is love thy neighbor unless he plays rap music at 4 am. I've never had a high regard for religious beliefs that condemn someone because they don't think in exactly the same way that you do.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Not only love thy neighbor. We must also love our enemies, do good to those who despise us, rejoice when persecuted.

Whether your neighbor is Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, atheist, Satanist, or just a jerk...you're still commanded to love. Period.
And that's why many times we have to "die to self" and let the love of God live through us.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:29 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times
I have never found in the Bible where it says that people who do not accept Jesus are anti-christ. Where exactly does it say that in the Bible?

I have always been taught to hate the sin but love the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality