U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 01:10 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,066,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I wonder if the fortune teller saw into the future he would be beheaded?
Well if he didn't he isn't a very good fortune teller and should be released, unless there is a crime for posing as a fortune teller.

If he did see in the future that he was going to beheaded, well as any student of Greek mythology knows, you can't change fate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 02:09 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,240,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I saw this on TV a couple of nights ago, we were gobsmacked that this could happen in this day and age.
Then you really need to start paying closer attention. If the religious zealots in this country had just a bit more control, we would be about one axe sharpening away from a beheading by the christian hate mongers.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:18 PM

6,230 posts, read 9,517,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Wrong. There are an incredible number of Muslims who oppose sharia law. Try taking a look at Muslims Against Sharia for example. If you insist the moderate, peaceful Muslims who are against sharia law are responsible for the actions of extremist Muslims, then you must also insist that all Christians are responsible for groups like the WBC and the hutarees.
That doesn't make any sense. Before this whole terrorist group came out, I had NO idea what the hell the WBC and the hutarees even were. Stop trying to attack Christians constantly when the real issue you have is within yourself.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:25 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,727,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Then you really need to start paying closer attention. If the religious zealots in this country had just a bit more control, we would be about one axe sharpening away from a beheading by the christian hate mongers.
I second the nomination of the candidate from Asheville. We take an awful lot for granted here in the United States, but hopefully we as a nation can stop before, well, before we literally lose our heads.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 PM

354 posts, read 677,876 times
the point here is: this guy whom i presume was born and raised in a country with a defined culture and belief and rules practiced since before he was born. knows what will happen to him and still chose to do it. as an outsider, i doubt u can really do anything to change it.

now, if they force that kind of punishment/mentality OUTSIDE of their country, culture,belief and rules .... then you can react violently. and it is just.

actually, i am quite surprised with america proudly saying they are free and they love their freedom but is allowing and EVEN studying spanish in their own country. they are angry at illegal immigrants mostly their neighboring mexicans but at the same time tolerating their ignorance of the english language. i just shake my head when i see in MOST job ads that requires bilingual(usually spanish-english) and is a MUST! if not preferred.

i mean make up your mind, if you dont want them to sponge off you why give them a job?! why compromise? or is it just me that thinks, they are in my country, LEARN my freaking language.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:46 PM

310 posts, read 488,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That doesn't make any sense. Before this whole terrorist group came out, I had NO idea what the hell the WBC and the hutarees even were. Stop trying to attack Christians constantly when the real issue you have is within yourself.
Au contraire, it makes very good sense. Plus, I would point out the No True Scotsman Fallacy no matter what the religion of the person trying to use it as an excuse. It just so happens that on these boards it tends to be the christians doing it. Since they seem to be so fond of it, it smacks of hypocrisy when they will not accept others' use of it.

So be mad all you want, it doesn't change the facts and it's not personal.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM

5,496 posts, read 4,403,478 times
I just love how some on here skip judging the Islamists and go straight to the Christians, even to the degree of wild speculations about Christians beheading people if they got control in this nation. What a bunch of crap.

Why is it when someone points out Islamic Law and it consequences that it turns into a comparison with Christianity? Furthermore, it is not even a fair comparison, Islamic Law is enforced by Nation States or large radical groups like Al-Qaeda. There is no 'Christian jurisprudence' in place in any nation that does this , nor any terrorist groups even remotely close to Al-Qaeda.

Also, OT laws requiring people to be put to death do not apply to the Christian community. Even back then it did not apply to people outside the Jewish nation unless it involved war. Futhermore, the commands of God were for a specific time and place and persons not an ongoing command upon all Jewish people for all time over and against all infidels or non-Jewish people.

You people have been soiled to hate and fear Christians to the point of judging Christians, but not Islam, as the ones who would be just like these extremist if given the opportunity - hypocracy. But in America that is alright to do; protect Islam by diverting the argument away from them and attack the Christians because it is they who are pointing out the truth of Islam and therefore they must be wrong since they are the ones that attack Islam and therefore we the politically correct progressive protectors of all things not Christian must protect Islam from that evil stain on humanity - Christianity.

At least attack Islam as you would Christianity - you nuggetless hypocrites.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:37 PM

4,248 posts, read 5,317,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Trust me, I have as much trouble believing what goes on in your country as well. Some of the comments on these boards beggar belief.

Just as a note to the others who are saying he should abide by the rules of his country, wasn't he doing so in his own country? Wasn't he arrested in a country he was not even practicing his "sorcery" in? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it's scary that this kind of extremism is on a government level and someone who is merely travelling through the country can be arrested and beheaded for something he was doing without reprisal in his own country. Perhaps he should have known the laws of the country he was travelling through. Does this mean that because I have read tarot cards in the distant past that if I travel through that country I could be beheaded for it? How can any sane person not be outraged by this?

Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,684,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I just love how some on here skip judging the Islamists and go straight to the Christians, even to the degree of wild speculations about Christians beheading people if they got control in this nation. What a bunch of crap.

Why is it when someone points out Islamic Law and it consequences that it turns into a comparison with Christianity? Furthermore, it is not even a fair comparison, Islamic Law is enforced by Nation States or large radical groups like Al-Qaeda. There is no 'Christian jurisprudence' in place in any nation that does this , nor any terrorist groups even remotely close to Al-Qaeda.

Also, OT laws requiring people to be put to death do not apply to the Christian community. Even back then it did not apply to people outside the Jewish nation unless it involved war. Futhermore, the commands of God were for a specific time and place and persons not an ongoing command upon all Jewish people for all time over and against all infidels or non-Jewish people.

You people have been soiled to hate and fear Christians to the point of judging Christians, but not Islam, as the ones who would be just like these extremist if given the opportunity - hypocracy. But in America that is alright to do; protect Islam by diverting the argument away from them and attack the Christians because it is they who are pointing out the truth of Islam and therefore they must be wrong since they are the ones that attack Islam and therefore we the politically correct progressive protectors of all things not Christian must protect Islam from that evil stain on humanity - Christianity.

At least attack Islam as you would Christianity - you nuggetless hypocrites.
I guess you are not reading the Muslin threads? They are being attacked regularly, but then you have your own bias, don't you.

Not all Christians are saints, and you Christians that think you are should be the ones attacking those groups like the Hutarees and the Phelps bunch etc. that give Christianity a bad name.

Nobody here is blaming all Christians for these nut job's antics.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:28 PM

5,496 posts, read 4,403,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess you are not reading the Muslin threads? They are being attacked regularly, but then you have your own bias, don't you.

Not all Christians are saints, and you Christians that think you are should be the ones attacking those groups like the Hutarees and the Phelps bunch etc. that give Christianity a bad name.

Nobody here is blaming all Christians for these nut job's antics.
My point really was not about Muslims not being attacked but that when they are there are those who justify it, side step it, or ignore it by attacking Christians.

Never said all 'Christians' were 'saints.' I would condem 'Christians' who act contrary to their own Scripture and who would do the things that Islamic terrorists do - have no problem doing it. Why is it though whem I or someone else does so there are people who immediately say 'well Christians....' - it's quite pathetic.

Also, some people did generalize about Christians being like Islam if they got their way. I do not think that that is a fair assesment of the majority of Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality