Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:43 AM

290 posts, read 388,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
And why such creator suddenly becoming creative(started creating) 6000 years ago?
AH!!! Exactly! That's my question...
(Thread: What made God Choose to create the Universe)
If anyone has any answers, please feel free to share your ideas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidrAkirE View Post
i think i gave you an awnser on that thread

Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
its all a big mystery really-the Lord works in mysterious ways

there are things we know
there are thing we dont yet know but need to
and there are things we'll never know

God will always hold some sense of mystery to Him and that in-itself is one of His glorys
And yet, the persistent position of theists is that they need to know the answers to everything, and that answer is always the simplistic, implausible "GOddidit!"

Quote:
you see if you look at the original qyestion it says"why was the creator created"and that in-itself has flaw and i wasn't refering to the question i was only specifieng that God always held SOME mystery -you see the creator(im sure were refering to the Supreme when we say creator)was never created if He was then who'would have created Him,everything comes from something,we are ordinary living enritys,He's not,He;s holding this whole reality toghether as we speak,He controls the atoms,nature is only a fragmental part of His energy's which are innumerable and eternal,He has character like all his sentient beings and our own true nature is the same as His eternal nature-its called God consiousssness,inside our very soul's lies the supersoul,it is God particle that exist's inside our own soul particle.
But we are only individual particles of spirit that have feelings and thought's and desires and character and personality-but He is the complete whole,this entire cosmos rests inside Him and He is everywhere and yet at the same time nowhere-His Brahman feature is the energy of the Lord that pervades the whole cosmos,it is an impersonal aspect and some people devote their time to acceive this liberation ,i think the Bhuddists call it nirvana-and most impersonalists(people the beleive God only exists as an energy and has no form)are atracted to this impersonal aspect-and in a mystical sense(-in other words its a mystery how He does it- but it dosent mean we cant experience it---)the Bramhan is the effulgence emanating from His transcendenteal body.
but if we can experience love and freindship and all the things that we can be-then why cant He -why cant He experience interpersonal relationships-if the individual living entity's can have charachter and personalitys then surely the supreme personality of Godhaed can aswell.--if you put a limit onto God then its not God your talking about its some other powerfull demigod or something.our souls were never created either

so to get back to the OP-not everything in existence is temporary-yes these body's-this world-this sun-this universe all are temporary-but the energy where these elements came from has always been in existence its a simple word called eternal but theres very few who can wrap their temporary little brains around it.it means no beginning and no end-but its hard to grasp that concept-everything in the material cosmos has a beginning(creation)a middle(maintanence)and end(destruction)and God is in control of all that'--why? because no-one else can do it-unless He gives them the power to do it(no-limits).but the energy that gives life life,the spiritual energy is not of the same nature as the material energy and is etenal and we are parts of that whole energy

the reason why i was stating that God was mysterious and that its one of His quality's is because well ..its a mystery....had to think there for a second, because it realy is a mystery why He does it all,that,s what makes it a mystery although He can show us whatever He likes about Him -He can give any benediction,mystical power and realization(no-limits) through His causlless mercy and Supreme power or magic ao mystery,whatever way you want to look at it.
and to you this might be frustrating because you want so much to know how everything works,and theres nothing wrong with that,but i think its pretty cool that theres certain mystery/magic to God-

but i remember reading that God will be always learning new things about Himself-not that He dosent know everything about Himself at any one moment,but because his energy's are forever expanding then their always more to learn.
Jeez... your posts are hard to follow, dobeable. Try separating them into a few more paragrahs, OK?

now then: I'm here for the same reason you are. I like to have a say in this society's conversations. AS well, I find the common misconceptions of the Christian and Muslim fundamentalist mindset to be irritating and troublesome because of the influence they might have on our children, or on those less blessed with critical thinking skills.

As well (BTW, see how I split up my thoughts with a new paragraph, doeable?), it's hard to just sit here when someone comes out with a truly thoughtless pronouncement, based on lies parroted from some Christian website, and then finally there's the insults against my profession (science) and it's pretty reliable findings.

Quote:
--just because its not written in the bible dosent mean t dosent exist--i'd say thats a saying that yav used yuorselves often-so now its firing back at you rifleman-bang bang-down goes the dear....ah im only messin with ya.but seriosly what she said is pretty spot on God is unaffected bye material nature- actually it is under His control and if He didnt exist nothing would hold in place and you'd never be able to do all that research that you so love..and hats off to ya-your pretty up there with it all that jazz..

but i just wanted to know asking you man to man-why do you come on these God consioss thread's-is it to try and find holes in peoples beleifs or is it just to add into the conversation, or do you pretty sure beleive that theirs nothing,except what your senses can pick up,in other words the world around you-at the end of the day you only BELEIVE theirs no God and it cant be proven that their isnt so its realy only faith,even though your life came to the conclusion that theirs no God,others based on what they experience and learn come to the conclusion that their is a God.will we ever know?. who knows, but on this topic none of us can say we are right or wrong untill we find out,how we find out ,i havent got a clue-but personaly i have enjoyed our chats,although i'd say everybody hates me,im always arguing with christians and atheists,the two predominating philosophy's on this thread.yeah hah.
.im always in the middle of yes
re-read my posts, OK?

Quote:
you know using the bible to prove theres no God is as uselss as using the bible to prove there is-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The Christian forum reminds me of a Mencken quote:

"A church is a place where men who have never been to Heaven, explain what it's like to people who will never get there."
Well said.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:26 PM

217 posts, read 692,622 times
god was nevr begotten and never begot...

Old 09-30-2010, 01:24 PM

103 posts, read 95,010 times
Quote:
its all a big mystery really-the Lord works in mysterious ways

there are things we know
there are thing we dont yet know but need to
and there are things we'll never know

God will always hold some sense of mystery to Him and that in-itself is one of His glorys
There is nothing like self-deception!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
There is absolutely NOTHING that makes sense in the notion that there is a creator or god. It is all (the beliefs) contraditory, irrational, nonsensical, in opposition to known and observable fact, and just plain silly.

Buck up and face your mortality like a man.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You have just encapsulated the main reason I lost my belief...The lord works in mysterious ways was the standard answer I got when I asked difficult questions.....Not good enough for me, so I did my own research, and that put the cap on my atheism.
Yes, it is called maturity. The same process occurs viz a viz Santa Claus. After a while, when you examine the "facts" you realize it just doesn't add up, that it CAN"T be true. After a while, trite non-thoughts like "working in mysterious ways" just don't cut it anymore.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:24 PM

290 posts, read 388,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMcElwee View Post
There is absolutely NOTHING that makes sense in the notion that there is a creator or god. It is all (the beliefs) contraditory, irrational, nonsensical, in opposition to known and observable fact, and just plain silly.

Buck up and face your mortality like a man.
Empiricists love "proving" through sensory experience. The issue with this is that it doesn't prove or disprove anything. Even though there is no obvious "observable fact", this does not rule out the notion or existance of a creator/god.

If you are following the "known and observable facts" route, please do not assume you are right about mortality until you have found "known and observable facts" proving that one is not immortal. It's just good business. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2010, 03:55 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
By definition the creator of all cannot be created.

God is called "who was and is and is to come". Meaning he has no beginning and no end.

He is not subject to the laws of nature since he is outside of nature and time itself. So, he does not weary, grow old or die.

Well, if anyone should know it's Michelangelo who painted him in the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Looks like he still had a few strands of black back then. Adam and Eve probably made him turn gray early on.

File:Creation of the Sun and Moon face detail.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-30-2010, 03:58 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,506 times
Quote:
Empiricists love "proving" through sensory experience. The issue with this is that it doesn't prove or disprove anything. Even though there is no obvious "observable fact", this does not rule out the notion or existance of a creator/god.

Thanks! That's what I've been saying about Santa Claus to anyone that will listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality