Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:34 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times

Advertisements

An afterlife would be okay. I was afraid of that praising God all day thing because I knew my mind would wonder but a change in energy states is okay, I guess.

Re-incarnation is out because I have been a reckless carnivore. I've repented and trying to do better everyday. I' am confident I could be very rich now beyond my wildest dreams if I had zero regard for animal life. I do not want to be raised for food and I believe the animals are conscience so...do unto others...

and yes I've considered and would perform Kosher kills but still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Since we are ENERGY which is scientifically proven and ENERGY cannot be destroyed...we, logically, have to go on in some form or another. Since NONE of us truly KNOWS what happens after death or what form we will take...why worry or fear it...it is something that NONE of us will escape no matter how hard we try.
It is important to point out that you are talking about energy in the composite form of our consciousness which we experience as awareness as it is forming. It is our cumulative composite consciousness energy that is permanent . . . not the fleeting thoughts that comprise its creation. Materialists focus on the material forms of energy that comprise our bodies and will always answer using the decomposition that occurs to all animal bodies as the explanation for what happens after death. It is a fruitless exercise to get them to recognize that the form of energy they are using to think these things is NOT any of those material substances.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is important to point out that you are talking about energy in the composite form of our consciousness which we experience as awareness as it is forming. It is our cumulative composite consciousness energy that is permanent . . . not the fleeting thoughts that comprise its creation. Materialists focus on the material forms of energy that comprise our bodies and will always answer using the decomposition that occurs to all animal bodies as the explanation for what happens after death. It is a fruitless exercise to get them to recognize that the form of energy they are using to think these things is NOT any of those material substances.
I agree...if one does not have any knowledge about the energy I am referring to...it is extremely hard to explain. Most people equate their physical bodies with WHO they are and that is so far from the truth...WHO we truly are just resides in this physical body until it perishes and then we go on from there...in what form that takes...who know's.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
You doubters need to read a few "authenticated" near-death experiences. Dr's. and hospital personnel confirm that 'clinically dead' individuals (no vitals, flat EEG, flat EKG) who were later resuscitated were able to tell them exactly what they said and did, what instruments were used and what the instruments looked like, etc. while they were trying to revive the patient.

Cardiac Surgeon's Stories of Near Death Experiences in Surgery (The Soul Scientifically Proven?) - YouTube

Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
It is our cumulative composite consciousness energy that is permanent . . . not the fleeting thoughts that comprise its creation.
Energy is indeed permanent. Be it the energy in your brain - the heat coming from your skin - the energy being released from your food. It is all permanent. It leaves your body, usually in the form of heat but it is never destroyed. The old science mantra of "Energy is never created or destroyed just changed from one form to another in a closed system".

This however is massively different than suggesting any kind of Human Consciousness or Subjective experience survives death.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Energy is indeed permanent. Be it the energy in your brain - the heat coming from your skin - the energy being released from your food. It is all permanent. It leaves your body, usually in the form of heat but it is never destroyed. The old science mantra of "Energy is never created or destroyed just changed from one form to another in a closed system".
This however is massively different than suggesting any kind of Human Consciousness or Subjective experience survives death.
Only because you remain under the delusion that our consciousness is an illusion . . . but it is a composite form of energy that reacts with the universe AS A composite . . . not individual brain activity. It is that unknown form of composite energy that is permanent because we know of nothing that can transform "monumentus (or MysticPhD) consciousness energy" into something else.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That's your problem now. You fear the thought of hell so you choose to dismiss it. Typical atheist. Denial has never done anyone good.
You don't have a clue, hell you don't even suspect anything yet.

However your last statement is spot on, you should heed your own advise.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:36 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Only because you remain under the delusion that our consciousness is an illusion . . . but it is a composite form of energy that reacts with the universe AS A composite . . . not individual brain activity. It is that unknown form of composite energy that is permanent because we know of nothing that can transform "monumentus (or MysticPhD) consciousness energy" into something else.
Assigning more positions to me I never said I hold. A tactic you seem to employ often is that if I express doubt about your position - you do not defend that position but instead assign another one to me and try and paint it as being equally or more ridiculous than your own.

The OPEN question is what is consciousness and does it survive death. I do not know. You do not know. We can certainly discuss it and explore it and evaluate the arguments.

The point that "Energy is not destroyed" is valid - but it does not support the claim that consciousness therefore survives death.

What you seem to assume is that consciousness is something else entirely. That it is broadcast from somewhere else and our brain recieves it or that it is an energy that while expressed in this universe is somehow not of this universe and can go elsewhere after death.

There simply is no evidence for any of that. If you think consciousness survives death then that is a claim that needs a lot more back up that simply pointing out the mantra of "Energy is neither created nor destroyed but changed from one form to another".

Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Hell literally scares the 'be-jesus' INTO people, which I think can lead to a sort of phony, fear-based faith. I'm still recovering from this, and trying to re-claim a more 'authentic' belief so to speak. I admit I do fear death - sometimes more than other times - and I hope God will 'accept' me. Oblivion or a negative afterlife both sound pretty unappealing at this stage.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
The point that "Energy is not destroyed" is valid - but it does not support the claim that consciousness therefore survives death.
Ah . . . but it does unless you can suggest what can take the energy composite in the form of "monumentus consciousness" and transform it into something else.
Quote:
What you seem to assume is that consciousness is something else entirely. That it is broadcast from somewhere else and our brain recieves it or that it is an energy that while expressed in this universe is somehow not of this universe and can go elsewhere after death.
Wrong. You know that I believe our unique forms of consciousness are PRODUCED by the energy transforms in our brains. They EXIST, however, in the universal field that establishes our reality (God's consciousness field). The cumulative composite continues to interact with the "production facility" (our brain) as long as we are physically functional. Upon our physical death . . . the cumulative composite is released. That is my view . . . not your version.
Quote:
There simply is no evidence for any of that. If you think consciousness survives death then that is a claim that needs a lot more back up that simply pointing out the mantra of "Energy is neither created nor destroyed but changed from one form to another".
You know that my personal experiences will not allow me to entertain your conclusions, monumentus. But as I have repeatedly said, I am witnessing and explaining my views . . . NOT proselytizing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality