Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:21 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Ans and katzpur

Do you both agree that God is Father and not mother?
I don't know whether we agree or not, but I believe God is definitely "Father" and I probably use the term in a far more literal sense than most people posting on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
IMHO - The SPIRIT (John 4:24) came and dwelt in the holy/sinless human body and taught for 3 years and bore ALL the pain on the cross.

But, since GOD is eternal and could not experience death...THE SPIRIT had to withdraw from the human body...in order for the Christ to die for the SIN of humankind. And this is where Jesus, the son of man...uttered...Father, Father...why have you forsaken me! The son of man felt the pain only for a MOMENT...

I copy/pasted this OP (mine) from a different thread to prevent retyping again...
Okay, we're sort of going off topic here, but are you saying that Jesus only felt pain for a moment? Are you saying that the Son = the Father? That Jesus forsook Himself or commended His spirit into His own hands? I am clearly confused about what you're saying.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:24 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't know whether we agree or not, but I believe God is definitely "Father" and I probably use the term in a far more literal sense than most people posting on this forum.
I think HE is Father too.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:31 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Katzur...whether we agree or not in some aspects...we are still God's warriors...and every 2 cents worth we contribute, is thought provoking...a learning process meant for all HIS children...

I have and will always appreciate ALL who have contributed sincerely...aspects of God's Word different than my own. After all...we are taught to abide by the two commands: "LOVE GOD AND NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF...DO THIS AND YE SHALL LIVE" Luke 10:27-28

Peace!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Katzur...whether we agree or not in some aspects...we are still God's warriors...and every 2 cents worth we contribute, is thought provoking...a learning process meant for all HIS children...
Wow! Respect and tolerance? What a novel concept!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:39 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Wow! Respect and tolerance? What a novel concept!
Thank you Katzpur...our perseverance is the true virtue that springs out of HIS LOVE...

Old 04-03-2010, 05:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_DARLING View Post
If you were talking about God and said She would you be wrong or just mistaken or saying blasphamy? I know Jesus said Our Father in Heaven. Is God male or female or neither or both?
The triune God is neither. However:

Jesus who is God is male
The Father...has a male name
The Holy Spirit is neither

But to call God "she" is mockery.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The triune God is neither. However:

Jesus who is God is male
The Father...has a male name
The Holy Spirit is neither

But to call God "she" is mockery.
If the Triune God is neither male nor female, how can Jesus -- who IS God -- be male?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
If the Triune God is neither male nor female, how can Jesus -- who IS God -- be male?
That is what seperates those on the left from the right. This isn't a puzzle for christians because they don't ask this. As Jesus said:

".. you do not believe because you are not my sheep.John 10:26

Psalm 100:3
Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his ; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Ezekiel 34:11
" 'For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them.

John 10:14
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

LORD is God, the Sovereign LORD refers himself as a shepherd...and Jesus calls himself the shepherd.

Jesus is the Godman.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That is what seperates those on the left from the right. This isn't a puzzle for christians because they don't ask this.
Well, maybe they don't ask it because they think God doesn't want them to know the answer. It's just what they've always been told. You know, God's a mystery. Stop asking questions.

And then they change the subject to who's a sheep and who's a goat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality