Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:50 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,908,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Do you think we'll eventually get bored with the forum? I do notice that almost all the people who posts "join date" is within the past 6 months or at the most a year? Will our addiction begin to wane due to boredom?
Actually, I think that's simply because city-data's forums haven't been active for too long... not sure exactly when they started, but I know it was MUCH smaller when I joined last October. The religion board itself is only about 2 months old, so lots of the people who ONLY post on this forum are still new. But we'll see what happens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,882,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I get a sneaky feeling Alpha reads frequently but posts infrequently.

That's just a feeling, though.
Ummm...sorta...

First, yes, I have been and still am addicted not just to the religion forums, but mostly to you guys....talking...sharing....debating....sometimes arguing....etc...

Then yeah, I have work and it's pretty demanding.

3 kids that I don't like to push to the side for CD, athough admittedly, I have before.

I also have several responsibilities at Church that take a good deal of time and committment.

Also, I try and put a lot of thought and be as thorough as possible in my posts....you older members remember what I am talking about. I've had several posts in the last few days that I'll have several paragraphs written and then just close the window simply not having eough time to complete the thought process. I'd rather not post in an inferior manner.

Lastly, I've been very convicted that I spend more time here than I do in the Word and I think that's a bad thing. I can't come here and contribute effectvely if I'm not plugged into God first. So, yeah, I've read more than posted lately. But I hope to be back in the next few days. It's very nice to see I've been missed though. I talk about you guys with my wife all the time. I reall do love you all. And I especially like my atheist friends!

(Oh, and my home machine is also crashed, so that makes it rough for me after hours. I'm using my church provided laptop right now!)

Also, anyone seen HopOnPop??

Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,462,922 times
Yes, I am addicted, especially in reading what you all have to say.

Since I am a new Christian, it's like I am drawn to other's who are "equally yoked", and I want to share with people who don't know God and his love (which was me not to long ago), why he is the Saviour.

Blessings,

Old 06-07-2007, 10:57 PM

253 posts, read 640,550 times
lol, I joined City Data out of annoyance from the sudden huge growth in Arizona's population over the past couple of years, not the population alone, but the kids who come and show complete disrespect for the culture I have loved for so much of my life. Turns out that the religion forum had been started like a day or two before I joined and that has been my main focus ever since. In fact, I have hardly posted in any of the other forums since I joined, and I have to say, although I dissagree with a lot of people here and absolutely hate the way some of the people state their opinions as facts (athiest, Christian, or whoever) I really like it here and it is a nice place to be.

And I really appreciate the way people take me seriously dispite my age, I have had some real problems with that on other boards.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 AM

954 posts, read 812,802 times
Hey y’all! I’m back from my latest visit to the ‘naughty little boy’s room.’ I’ve been sent to stand in the corner facing the wall so many times now that I’ve made friends with a spider that lives there. Nice chap, very friendly. His name is Boris.

Yes, I suppose I'm addicted, not just to this forum though. I'm on 5 others. I tend to get up at about 5am and the computer is on before the kettle. Being retired I tend to spend more time on forums than is good for me. My 'other half' says I think more of the forums than I think of her!! Ummm! Now she comes to mention it..............!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 09:34 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Hey y’all! I’m back from my latest visit to the ‘naughty little boy’s room.’ I’ve been sent to stand in the corner facing the wall so many times now that I’ve made friends with a spider that lives there. Nice chap, very friendly. His name is Boris.

Yes, I suppose I'm addicted, not just to this forum though. I'm on 5 others. I tend to get up at about 5am and the computer is on before the kettle. Being retired I tend to spend more time on forums than is good for me. My 'other half' says I think more of the forums than I think of her!! Ummm! Now she comes to mention it..............!!!
Welcome back, it's been too aheemm peaceful without you?

Old 06-08-2007, 09:42 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Plad's back!!!!!!!!!! The person I was warned to "be careful" of. ("Bad company, I can't deny...")

Old 06-08-2007, 09:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,498,990 times
Hey Plad!! Got new new jokes

Old 06-08-2007, 09:48 AM

954 posts, read 812,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Hey Plad!! Got new new jokes
Yep! Just posted two.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
...An ethereally present, silent addict-in-the-making, perhaps...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality