Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
for thosde who beleive there is no need for an explanation.

True. The foolish believer who does not question anything, but instead laps it all up without question. For him, the Earth truly is still flat!

Or..

for those who dont their is no explanation
At least not one of the explanations offered by rabid believers, who, in the demonstrated absence of any common sense or logic, offer the most hair-brained rationales possible.

So, yep; it's true! We all make up our minds based on our intellect, biases and experience.

One can only wonder though: what are the consequences of an incorrect conclusion?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 11:15 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
Quote:
the video is proof enough...
...that it is a hoax. You keep ignoring the pictures that show the trickery so why not comment on the ones in post #5 instead of trying to hide them under the rug and pretend they are not there?

Quote:
calling it a hoax was an excuse from the government because they dont want people to be spiritual they just want your money-and want you to be miserable so they can live off you
Really? you are really going to pull the "government conspiracy" card? Ridiculous. I showed my younger brother your video and he immediately went "that's a pretty obvious hoax" If a kid can tell that this is fake then you must think that I'm an idiot who'd fall for the "government conspiracy" claim. Which government? The indian government? The british one? the American one? Every government in the world got together to call an obvious hoax a fake? Oh that's right, you didn't think this through

They called it a fake because they just want your money? How do they gain money from not letting you feed milk to statues? Part of the money you spend buying milk is tax that goes to the government, the government in fact has something to gain from this mass stupidity but again, you didn't think this through.

Quote:
who am i goin to beleive...
In your case it seems to be con-men but if you prefer ignorance over the truth then it can't be helped, no point in wasting my time with this thread anymore in that case.

Quote:
for thosde who beleive there is no need for an explanation
for those who dont their is no explanation
I recognize this, it's a though-stopping technique. Cults use these to prevent people from questioning and allowing them to believe in the most ridiculous claims:
Cult Hotline and Clinic

Old 04-06-2010, 11:28 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Really? This is the miracle this god wanted everyone to see? The slurping of milK?

Old 04-06-2010, 02:01 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
At least not one of the explanations offered by rabid believers, who, in the demonstrated absence of any common sense or logic, offer the most hair-brained rationales possible.

So, yep; it's true! We all make up our minds based on our intellect, biases and experience.

One can only wonder though: what are the consequences of an incorrect conclusion?
just to make it clear-this milk miracle thing is not the bases of any philosophy

however i have qustioned the falloola out of these concepts and philosophy and have had ALOT of faith in this Supreme Being before i even read any Gita,or met devotee's,bye the way im what they call a closet devotee-i dont go to the temples,i dont even have any devotee freinds except a couple of lads that are in the same boat as me.......i feel blessed when i get a chance to go into town and eat prashadam from one of their resaraunts....yet i have pictures of this Person all over the place and ancient scriptures that have ALOT to say on the subject and time and space and cosmolagy,the first doctors and sceintists..the first astrologers heck they invented the number system we use today,and the ancient language that is still one of the most advanced even today and when the rest of the world were living very rural, lets say,these kingdoms ruled the earth.piously.

so whether it did or didnt happen it still cant take away from whome is being worshiped and all the knowledge of the 4 vedas and all the upanishad's and all the puranas and the 18 volumes of the Bhagavatam and the mahabaratha where within its pages you will find the Bhagavad Gita,and the Chaytania carimtmta,im sure theres more......i found something through the heart chakra if i could turn it on whenever i liked i would never have to worry about anything again.......

Old 04-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
...that it is a hoax. You keep ignoring the pictures that show the trickery so why not comment on the ones in post #5 instead of trying to hide them under the rug and pretend they are not there?

Really? you are really going to pull the "government conspiracy" card? Ridiculous. I showed my younger brother your video and he immediately went "that's a pretty obvious hoax" If a kid can tell that this is fake then you must think that I'm an idiot who'd fall for the "government conspiracy" claim. Which government? The indian government? The british one? the American one? Every government in the world got together to call an obvious hoax a fake? Oh that's right, you didn't think this through

They called it a fake because they just want your money? How do they gain money from not letting you feed milk to statues? Part of the money you spend buying milk is tax that goes to the government, the government in fact has something to gain from this mass stupidity but again, you didn't think this through.

In your case it seems to be con-men but if you prefer ignorance over the truth then it can't be helped, no point in wasting my time with this thread anymore in that case.

I recognize this, it's a though-stopping technique. Cults use these to prevent people from questioning and allowing them to believe in the most ridiculous claims:
Cult Hotline and Clinic
what so your saying they were doing it to stop people questioning---the scriptures are open to anyone and everyone and everyone has the right to question and questions are actually welcomed..so thats not the reason why they done it.....and i dont think the temples would be too happy in helping a government get richer so they indulge in wordly desires material designations when their beleife is the opposite and one only has to live to serve God it wouldnt have benefitted them in any way.

if you want watch a good hoax then watch the moon landing

bye the way just because there was milk around them statues dosent mean that this wasnt happening......we dont know if milk did come back out somewhere in certain deitys,that was my personal question...where did all the milk go?.....and the one with the dribbling.... but you can see that its vanishing faster than its spilling....but thats all you got realy...

and if it was a hoax-and this is where i find it hard,....what would be the point..how would they even benefit they would be only inviting abuse,which obviously it did....o.k. if its to get more people into the temples then it was a GOOD trick.but because i beleive in metaphysics then anything and everything is possible

Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:

if you want watch a good hoax then watch the moon landing
It's true folks. Proof that it was a hoax here!!
Watch Funny Moon Landing Hoax Video | Break.com

Old 04-06-2010, 06:51 PM

while we're on the subject............

YouTube - Banned in America: Proof of Fake Moonlanding

Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
just to make it clear-this milk miracle thing is not the bases of any philosophy

however i have qustioned the falloola out of these concepts and philosophy and have had ALOT of faith in this Supreme Being before i even read any Gita,or met devotee's,bye the way im what they call a closet devotee-i dont go to the temples,i dont even have any devotee freinds except a couple of lads that are in the same boat as me.......i feel blessed when i get a chance to go into town and eat prashadam from one of their resaraunts....yet i have pictures of this Person all over the place and ancient scriptures that have ALOT to say on the subject and time and space and cosmolagy,the first doctors and sceintists..the first astrologers heck they invented the number system we use today,and the ancient language that is still one of the most advanced even today and when the rest of the world were living very rural, lets say,these kingdoms ruled the earth.piously.

so whether it did or didnt happen it still cant take away from whome is being worshiped and all the knowledge of the 4 vedas and all the upanishad's and all the puranas and the 18 volumes of the Bhagavatam and the mahabaratha where within its pages you will find the Bhagavad Gita,and the Chaytania carimtmta,im sure theres more......i found something through the heart chakra if i could turn it on whenever i liked i would never have to worry about anything again.......
I doubt that anyone here wants to take away the enjoyment you find in your own particular religion, and like the first steps in science of the various religions and pseudo - sciences such as astrology and alchemy, we have to give a nod of recognition, but it's time to move on with better knowledge, and citing how ancient a belief is only underlines how outdated it is.

The 'Ok, you have shown that there is no evidence for my claim, but that doesn't mean that it can't be true' is a familiar 'keep the faith going' ploy, and the theists here will probably smile at the way that you refuse to face the facts - unaware of the irony that they do the same as regards their particular faith.

It doesn't matter. Your efforts to try to convince us that there is a milk - drinking miracle have been soundly refuted and it doesn't matter to us that you don't accept that.

The string of fallacies from 'It must be true because of how I feel' and 'I believed it even before I read the (insert your own Holy Book here)' through the inevitable preaching and up to the tuo quoque of the moon landings only makes me more painfully aware of the awful effect of religious indoctrination on the mental processes and the sheer illogic of believing thought the world over.

I actually rather like Hinduism. I just don't believe it and am rather pained by the crude attempts through silly fake miracles to try to bamboozle me into believing it.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Levitation secrets of the yogis...To demonstrate fakery...As in milk drinking idols.

YouTube - Floating Yogi

Old 04-07-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Levitation secrets of the yogis...To demonstrate fakery...As in milk drinking idols.

YouTube - Floating Yogi
there are alot of fakes out there without a doubt....but that dosent mean everyone are cheats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality