Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:27 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times

Advertisements

I came home from picking up the kids from school and someone vandalized my fence in the back yard. I didn't realize this and one of my dogs ran off. Her name is Rainbow she's a senior beagle and I would be lost with out her. Please send up prayers for us to find her safe.

I'm out to continue looking now, had to stop in to call animal control and thought I'd recruit you all while I was on hold. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 02:30 PM

743 posts, read 2,234,055 times
I'm invoking the prayers of St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals, for intercessory help with finding your Rainbow. Hang in there.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Rainbow, come home!! I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts/prayers, and hopefully Rainbow will be safely returned... good news is that it hasn't been long, so there's a good chance of her turning up at the shelter or a neighbor's house. Does she have ID tags or a microchip?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM

124 posts, read 396,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I came home from picking up the kids from school and someone vandalized my fence in the back yard. I didn't realize this and one of my dogs ran off. Her name is Rainbow she's a senior beagle and I would be lost with out her. Please send up prayers for us to find her safe.

I'm out to continue looking now, had to stop in to call animal control and thought I'd recruit you all while I was on hold. Thanks!
I am an atheist and don't believe in prayer but I do like animals and I will hope real hard that you find your dog.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:52 PM

743 posts, read 2,234,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art R View Post
I am an atheist and don't believe in prayer but I do like animals and I will hope real hard that you find your dog.
Hope really hard, Art

Old 06-07-2007, 03:05 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,490,650 times
Awww......that would really upset me too. We lost our last dog for a whole week and I thought I was going out of my mind. We did get him back though.

Praying for Rainbow. (when I first saw this thread I thought it was about you finding your pot of gold!)

Dawn

Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! Praying that Rainbow is found safe, and soon!

Keep us posted on progress.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:17 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
We found her!!! She went into the woods where the stream behind our house is...thank goodness, because our street is crazy busy with cars. After driving around and handing my number out to anyone who would take it, I came home to see if my husband had made any progress. He said no. So we took one last look with our lab this time, off lead, we followed her. She went directly to the stream...where she always goes so we didn't think anything of it...until we caught a glimpse of a white paw under a bush. She evidently had followed Lucy down there earlier and fell in off the steep part of the bank. Did I mention Rainbow is petrified of water? Yup so when she fell in she just stayed there, shaking...for 3 hours!! Thank goodness we caught that glimpse because evidently she was too scared to answer our calls when we went by the first 20 times.

The fence is now repaired...oh and evidently the vandals of the fence were my son and his friend...they wanted to come in that way and accidently broke it but didn't want to tell us...this happened yesterday (when they used a rock to get the latch undone from the other side) and they put it back to look fine but as soon as the dogs tested it the gate must have flung open. So we had the police on their way for nothing as well...when the officer got there I told him it was fine with me if they wanted to take my 11 year old and his friend off in handcuffs...but they didn't think that would be necessary...and they stayed around to help us find the dog for a while too. Which I thought was nice. My son is now unplugged and on hard labor for 2 weeks for lying to us about the fence. He also has to write a letter of apology to the officers who responded to the call, granted I didn't use the emergency number so they probably weren't very busy, but still...embarrassed doesn't begin to describe how I felt when he finally confessed. I don't think he'll do it again.

All in all a happy ending.

P.S. - All my dogs are tagged and micro-chipped. I was really concerned about getting hit by a car though with our busy road. Thankfully she's safe...phew!

Old 06-07-2007, 03:18 PM

646 posts, read 1,610,568 times
I am glad that you found her. I have been in that situation and it is horrible.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:13 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,457 times
I am so glad you found her! I've always heard that unless they are stolen, if a dog/pet gets out of their yard, they usually stay close to home.

And I certainly don't blame you on the unplugged and hard labor bit. My son would be in the same hot water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality