Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,809 times

Advertisements

Correctly avoid! I too avoid. The monkey did not become the person. The person became a monkey !
Yes. Became greedy and greedy. Have destroyed the society and became wild. The history and a science which protect atheists are a product of "sacred fathers"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 09:24 PM

651 posts, read 1,416,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He never fooled me with that one letter name change that deceptive Devil! Did he think we were stupid? He even looked like Satan.
I always thought he was rather, um, hot. But not in the Satany way.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:08 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,493 times
The internet is the greatest invention of mankind. Instanteous access to near infinite current knowledge. It's incredible.

TV is great for consuming your information by watching it, and I do it frequently. I loved Planet Earth, I've only seen a few episodes of Life, but it's pretty amazing (visually spectacular, just like Planet Earth is). I haven't made it through The Universe yet, but I've been busy. Whenever I see a special on the History Channel or its derivatives (the Military Channel is fun for me), Discovery, etc, I love to watch them.

I tend to do tons of reading online though, where it's easier to fact check. Can't do that on TV, but I hope the producers did their homework.

I think my favorite has been Planet Earth so far, but Life is really growing on me. I don't think I've ever seen any of the NOVA series on TV, despite being a huge fan of Neil DeGrasse Tyson (I'm facebook friends with him!)

I enjoy watching TED talks though from TED: Ideas worth spreading. Brilliant people with brilliant ideas, and a couple of rants now and again. Lets me see what other people are thinking.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 AM

815 posts, read 1,543,809 times
The world is not become better.
And still speak. "gumanoids" is that has gone by the way of spiritual development. They as water can accept the different form. But the plane of the pilot cannot accept any form.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Agreed, Konraden. Especially Neil DeGrasse Tyson; forthright, logical and undeniable. That is, if your comprehension abilities match his of course. Some here might well be lost in the discussion.

Eloy; I'm sorry to hear that you conscientiously avoid the truth, or even debates on it. That means your only source of information would be the determinations and thinking of others. Which, I'll assure you, is a formula for failure.

Good example discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjQMwEjC1I

Last edited by rifleman; 04-15-2010 at 11:50 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 09:09 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
I've always appreciated and enjoyed NOVA. They seem to have a consistent style behind their programming that doesn't tend to lend credence to crackpot theories and mindless stupidity. I get a little agitated with The Discovery Channel, The Science Channel, etc... when they start to cater to the absolute lowest common denominator. For example, what was Pumpkin Chunkin' doing on the Science Channel?! Don't get me wrong... I realize there are aspects of said 'Chunkers' that we could apply in a scientific way such as explaining the physics behind it. But, instead, they turned it into a pseudo-reality show and tried to make it dramatic... "Who's going to launch the pumpkin the furthest tonight, folks?!"

While I think it's fine and great to try and appeal to a less intellectually savvy audience for better ratings and viewership, they really need to be careful in how they present science. Science is not a reality show where the guy who can chunk the pumpkin the furthest wins. This adds an element of brawn over brain to science and instills the idea that it's not about empirical evidence - something NONE of the channels seem to focus on - but rather about who can build the biggest and best pumpkin chunker.

The History Channel is another one that I am really getting tired of. Their presentations of things like Ancient Aliens are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm not going to read The Chariots of the Gods to try and get an accurate representation of how we turned alien visitations into our religions several thousand years ago and take it as history. The History Channel is really appealing to the worst common denominator and lending credence to some of the most absurdly stupid aspects of history without even making any attempt at asking one skeptic or critic of such theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality