Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,962 times

Advertisements

Why did Jesus talk about the wide and narrow road? There are few who will find the narrow road. He can't lie. He's God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,962 times
Smile For Alberto E

Alberto,

Your free pass to everyone you mention below does not square up with the word of God. Why else would Jesus mention the wide and narrow road? Few will find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto E View Post
Almost Every living soul will go to Heaven,GOD did not want anyone to be left out, BUT... the only requirement is to be good,believe,repent and be ready, you never know at what moment in life you will be leaving so alwways be READY Passport in Hand,the ONE WAY ticket has been purchased the day you were concived !The Incas,Aztecs, Mayans,Blacks,Whites,Orientals,Hindu, Indians,Jews,Aficans,Moslems,Budas,Mormons,Gays,Le sbians,Prostitutes,unfaithful men/women ,etc.,etc..etc. All have the same chance of getting to heaven. Now Christians that fullfil the requirements will go FIRST CLASS (in this group Catholics will board first (since they are members of the original UNIVERSAL church instituted by J.C. and the first Bishops (the 12 Apostles )after the groups formed by Luther and all the others brothers in Christ that were separated,then the originals, the Jews,( that without them we wouldn't have had J.C.), then the Romans (without them we wouldn't have had the DOORS openned for our SALVATION ).Then all the souls that were patiently waiting for the DOORS to open for thosands of years before Christ was born and finally everyone left with their proper requirements. Upon arrival you will disimbark in the same order that you boarded . For those that do not qualify for the trip to eternity, My most sincere condolences, you had the same oportunities than the rest but didn't catch on, SORRY give my regards to LUCI......GOD BLESS ALL!

Old 08-20-2007, 01:36 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Nah...doesn't make any sense. Payment of a debt is payment of a debt. What one believes is irrelevant. If I bail you out of jail, the sheriff will release you regardless of whether you believe I did it or not.
Well, look at it this way... What if you bailed someone out of jail, and he just sat there and said, "No way am I leaving here, I'm gonna stay."? That's the difference... we have to accept the gift and follow Jesus out of jail.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:37 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
what about people who have never had a chance to "know" jesus. Do they go to hell? Purgatory?

Old 08-20-2007, 03:34 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
what about people who have never had a chance to "know" jesus. Do they go to hell? Purgatory?
I see God as someone who is fair and just, and knows the heart of each individual. He knows how responsible each one of us is personally. I don’t believe there will be anyone in hell who does not realize why they are there, and see where they rejected or turned away from God. I believe He is continually calling all people “from the rising of the sun to the going down thereofâ€, but if ever would be anyone who never knew about Jesus or never came to a decision point ??, we can leave them in the hands of an all-wise God.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:07 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Why KayKay,
Ask any religions about going to heaven from the Christian perspective, what does their opinion have to do with what Jesus says? I don't want to go pull out
short simple things (scriptures) that Christ said.
#1 Nicodemus asked Jesus this "what must I do to be born again"? and so many others that I can't begin to name . There's a reason to "guard your heart for
of it flows the issues of life"...This is the bottom line here. Kaykay it does not
matter what a Jehovah's Witness thinks, they don't even believe Christ is the
Messiah!!!. Yes this is a religious/philosophical Forum, but we are spirits, and
to add "looking unto Jesus The Author and Finisher of Our Faith". It says our
faith. Do you think that you are really going to get an answer that you need to hear. "if any man tries to enter into the door other the by the
"blood of Jesus' they're just thieves and robbers.
I know I'll make all of the non true-believers in Christ mad. So they would get
mad anyway,most of them want to play in your head and get a reaction from
you and laugh at scoff at Christianity. and we as Christians can not get on
these forums and open the door. State your case which should be to other
Christians only!!. I haven't see too many of them ask questions to us about
their faith. " if you(the church in Asia) are lukewarm ,I will spew
you out of my mouth" Please Christians this is serious business here, or you're going get caught up trying to compromise, and they know this. If we are going to be Christians we don't need no one's opinion about what God already
told us. I'm not putting a pacifier in nobody's mouth. If These that are on this
Forum, want to bash and reject God (Christ) then let what the Word says follow them by the Holy Ghost..
Yes I am angry, but I'm not sinning I'm talking to you . Not an un-believer, not a Jehovah's Witness, Hare Krishna, Scientologists, and all the other religions
that reject Jesus!! Your question was about Christ-ians wasn't it?? Well then
my response is appropiate. Don't keep flirting around with these spirits and
try to keep them liking you. Jesus said "Take up my cross and follow me".....
I know there will be few that like what I post. So what?? There were only a few that liked Jesus and I mean a few" especially at the Cross. They only get ticked because they hate the Name of Jesus and "The Blood OF Jesus". that's
why many are putting their own family and friends to death for converting to
Christianity. I'm not justifying anything I said because God's word says I don't have to. They don't apologize for how they reject Our Lord, and this a free
Forum, and let her rip"...replies for me that is" that is my Litmus test to know when I struck a Jesus hater in their innermost nerve. Good mabye it will be
enough for them to call on the Name of the Lord.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 PM

Arrow Give me a Break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Well I can tell you both beyond a shadow of a doubt that that is completely false. Jesus Christ is our one and only Saviour and Redeemer.
Wasn't it you who ,I read in one of the threads,( the one where the OP asked about thoughts on cleaning your house of objects,idols etc)? Well didn't you state all of what you believed in and marveled at how much you had, sarcastically, making a mockery of the OP. Unless you repented and submitted to Christ, you snared your own self by what you posted. anybody can go read
it. either you believe Jesus Christ is "Lord of All, or not Lord at all"

Old 08-20-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know that this question warrants a separate thread so I'll ask it here...hopefully it's appropriate to the original question. Why did Jesus have to die for our sins? He was supposedly the final sacrifice, and nobody had to sacrifice animals after him, etc. And he supposedly took on the world's sins so that God could forgive us all from then on...right? But why couldn't God have just forgiven us our sins Himself? I mean He's God. He can forgive if he wants. He can forgive the whole world if He wants. He can turn the sky purple polka dots if He wants, turn us all into frogs, wipe us all out, cure cancer, whatever...He's GOD. He could have just forgiven us all by Himself...Why would anybody have to die in order to accomplish that? That's one thing I've never understood about the Christian faith.
Ask God, You have to take it up with Him...Whether we like it, you like it or not
He has the final say. Love Him or Leave Him

Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 PM

320 posts, read 296,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Given all our different theological backgrounds, this thread has the possibility of getting too controversial or divisive. And I don't want it to go that way.
Could we just share what we personally believe are the requirements, so to speak for Christian salvation that Jesus made possible with His death on the cross. Just your opinion on the basics of salvation... Do you believe it is possible to have the assurance you're going to heaven? Why or why not? Do you believe you need to make any specific decision for Christ or can you be "born into it" so to speak? It might also be helpful to also post what theological background you are coming from as far as Baptist, Catholic, Jehovah's Witness, Mormon, Non-denominational, etc.
My belief is simple (and I'll state it simply, too):

Accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God, also accept that He IS God in the form of man who came to die for our sins on the cross.

Well, that's it. The rest is history (literally).

Old 08-20-2007, 10:33 PM

320 posts, read 296,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
That's an interesting question.

Actually, is it possible in today's modern world to not know something, anything about Christ? With advanced technology and instant newscasts (it's pretty cool watching a political debate across the ocean on C-SPAN), do many people -not- have an opportunity to know Him?

OK, off that. Somewhere in the Bible God mentions those who have not heard the truth will not perish. It is better to remain ignorant than to be well informed and still make the wrong choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality