Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:46 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times

Advertisements

Heaven is in no way similar to the conditions of the earth , so comparing heaven to the earth would be a mistake , ... The best thing about heaven is that there will be no death, no deformities , no illness and disease, no night sleeping , no bad food, no money needed, no hell there ever....A place were we will be happy and in joy forever ....... Better then dying and drying , forever thirsty, forgetting were you came from as your soul has died, and will be gone ...but your spirit will never die
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 PM

4 posts, read 2,646 times
Ever wonder that everything we seek is relative to what others have and/or what we don't have? Eternity or living for a long time would mean nothing if we all lived long. Perhaps we do live for a very long time when you compare our life span with that of some life forms who merely live for a day or two. If we all lived forever, conceivably the 'forever' may not be long enough. Let's just be content, instead.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
Someone once told me that two of the hardest things to imagine are eternity and non-existence, which I think is kind of true. Both are kind of outside our experience. Maybe there are atheists who feel they fully comprehend non-existence and Christians who feel they fully comprehend eternity, but I can see skepticism of either claim of "full understanding." (I still don't feel great, and intend to be off, but this is a short post)

Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
To read all the books in the library, duh.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Heaven is in no way similar to the conditions of the earth , so comparing heaven to the earth would be a mistake , ...
How do you know that? So what is the purpose of a "New Earth" if it is not like this place but perfected? According to the Elders of my tribe, that is exactly what the afterlife is like. How do you know that they are not correct?

Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
life is a gift. it is often given to the strongest and most persevering. your desire to leave the experience is your own.
i find my later years have been the best not the worst. the last 5 have made up for the 1st 59.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:25 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Think I'd agree with what you said MG although I would like to be around when they find life on other planets....and of course I'd love to be around when god is 100% disproved, just so I could say "Nah Nah!! Told ya so!
I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you.

I have heard it said that there is no boredom in heaven or on the New Earth. How can one be bored when surrounded by the Joy and Love of the Lord?

And is eternity inside or outside of time? IMO it is outside of time. A constant "Now", as it were.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:29 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
I would only want to live on earth forever if I was young attractive and superhuman and also have the option of long term sleep in case I got bored

Old 07-28-2012, 04:30 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
An eternal life sounds like a prison sentence. No escape. After you've been in heaven a million years, Im sure even the most devout would be bored of bowing at God's feet and reassuring him that he is 'the man.' But hey youve got another million years to go! No a million to the trillionth power years to go! Nope, a never ending festival of bowing and worshipping, frolicking in meadows and eating chocolate that won't kill you. After the trillionth time, even frolicing in heavenly meadows has to get old. Oh and you know how at family reunions you can hardly wait for it to end..well strap in for the long haul baby, this reunion with your family's souls will never end! Better hope there's an eternal supply of booze to endure that one!

So who wants an eternal life? A sadist, that's who.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM

308 posts, read 896,923 times
to sustain eternal life I'd probably have to work eternally. now THAT is a form of torture .

anyway, if I lived forever, by age 150 I'd probably become a total cynical bastard and would kill myself because I couldn't enjoy life anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality