Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:06 AM

954 posts, read 810,554 times

Advertisements

Do the people who thing that tattoos "defile" gods creation also feel the same about, say.......having a tooth removed, having a troublesome organ removed from their body (Mmmm! Perhaps I should re-phrase that) or any other life saving surgical operation. How about wearing make-up etc. Isn't it all the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 12:11 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,797,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Do the people who thing that tattoos "defile" gods creation also feel the same about, say.......having a tooth removed, having a troublesome organ removed from their body (Mmmm! Perhaps I should re-phrase that) or any other life saving surgical operation. How about wearing make-up etc. Isn't it all the same thing?
Well I hope not because with out the holes in my ears there is no place for me to put my diamond earrings! And I'm too scary looking to go out in public with out makeup on! Also how much trouble has your organ gotten you into anyway?

Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,795,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Well I hope not because with out the holes in my ears there is no place for me to put my diamond earrings! And I'm too scary looking to go out in public with out makeup on! Also how much trouble has your organ gotten you into anyway?
LOL! Actually found out today that I need my wisdom teeth pulled (one is cracked, others are "precarious"), so I'm going to let the dentist "defile" my body next month... ugh.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 AM

7 posts, read 45,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
What do you all think about the trend of some nowadays: showing up in church with pins, rings, and stuff stuck through their eyebrows, nose, lips, tongue, etc? Or, with BIG tatooes all over the place? I work in a large prison, and the inmates for the most part are VERY proud to tatoo themselves all over...and the more the better. Some even do the face and top/back of the head with the most grotesque/shocking scenes imagineable...I've pretty much seen it all. One guy plucked out all his eyebrows, then tatooed permanent ones in their place: BLUE! (Yech!) And...I've even seen one big church leader/pastor (he's on the internet...has a big website) getting into this body piercing thing...
Why do people want to do permanent stuff to their bodies...that they can't UNDO? The whole idea is revolting to me...I guess I am just old-fashioned....

Bud
Before people find the lord and after they are not well into the scripture side of religion. We all believe god with all our hearts, however we have not found our true selves and that is why we walk with tatoos so others can identify us or identify our interest.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 AM

954 posts, read 810,554 times
[quote=irishmom;870593]
Quote:
Also how much trouble has your organ gotten you into anyway?
Irish! You're incorrigible. At least it's not just me that brings down the tone of the conversations here!

Old 06-12-2007, 12:32 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,797,896 times
[quote=pladecalvo;870616]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Irish! You're incorrigible. At least it's not just me that brings down the tone of the conversations here!
Well I wouldn't want you to feel all alone in the middle of the night...LOL

Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,864,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Let me interject a little humour to lighten the mood a little bit. When I was twenty I suppose I could have considered my body as a temple. When I was thirty my body was much like a three bedroom home with two baths. At fourty my body had gone downhill and had much more in common with a double wide mobile home. At fifty my body was very similar to a run down one bedroom apartment on the wrong side of the tracks. In two years I'll be sixty and a common outhouse might give my body a run for its money. I don't want to think beyond that.
ROFLOL! Yea...me too: I'll be 60 next year...my body is starting to look like one of those newfangled 5th wheel campers...you seen'em: big, pondrous, and they got a pop-out...

Bud

Old 06-12-2007, 10:19 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,183,547 times
So wouldn't we be defiling our bodies if the are not ROCK HARD!!!This tends too get harder to keep in shape as we age!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:39 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,132,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, that's your PERSONAL opinion, since there really isn't anything specifically about it in the Bible... but that still doesn't answer the question presented earlier, about whether one shouldn't be able to "walk the path" if they're modified. Tattoos are permanent, so it seems a bit shallow and unreasonable to say tattooed people shouldn't be going to church - not that you said that exactly, but you are implying it. So unless you think we should scrape them off & "defile" our body even further, you'll have to put up with seeing our colorful skin at church/synagogue.
Yes it is my Personal opinion as I said. And yes the Bible does say the body is a temple:
1 Cor. 6: 19
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your cown?
John 2: 21
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
I do not think on should "mark" their body in any way save maybe one piercing but I certainly don't believe people cannot "walk the path" if they're "modified". That's ridiculous and no I didn't imply that. I was just giving my opinion.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,361 times
Cool No Regrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I think some of these young people are really going to regret these elaborate tatoos when they get older. At least with a piercing you can take it out and heal up but it costs a fortune to remove a tatoo and certain colors are more difficult than others to get rid of. I'm glad that wasn't popular when I was younger. I'd probably have a tiger or some multicolored monstrosity across my back.
I have no regrets with the tattoos I have. I wanted to get them for when I grow old and have grandchildren, I want to show them my life history. I have my tattoos carefully planned and picked so they tell a story of everything I have been through and I know I won't have a regret on this one. Now for Piercings I have a less popular but they are becoming more popular, Surface piercings. I have 3 on my nape ( back of my neck). I am a down to heart Christian. I go to church and believe in God very much and I do not have any problems when I go to church and people see my tattoos and piercings because you can not judge someone else for who they are. Only God can judge me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality