Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:23 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,612,989 times

Advertisements

What do you guys think?

Massive Fireball Lights Up Sky

Do you agree that it's an asteroid or something else? I don't know what to believe. I don't want to seem crazy and believe it's a ufo or something. But at the same time, alot of people disagreed it's an asteroid because it fell down so slow. Asteroids normally ascend at quick speeds. They said the fireball was seen ascending for at least 15 minutes. And Wisconsin and Iowa citizens confirm it was seen by their own eyes so I know it's not a fabricated video. It might be a prank... Just like the New Jersey UFO haux from last year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 06:29 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,437,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
What do you guys think?

Do you agree that it's an asteroid or something else? I don't know what to believe. I don't want to seem crazy and believe it's a ufo or something. But at the same time, alot of people disagreed it's an asteroid because it fell down so slow. Asteroids normally ascend at quick speeds. They said the fireball was seen ascending for at least 15 minutes. And Wisconsin and Iowa citizens confirm it was seen by their own eyes so I know it's not a fabricated video. It might be a prank... Just like the New Jersey UFO haux from last year...
Yes, I heard about this. WOW!! Things are increasing.....

Old 04-15-2010, 06:41 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,437,571 times
This what I'll leave you with for tonight friends.....it's time to study the Book of REVELATION LIKE NEVER BEFORE!! You don't have to be a Christian, nor a Believer,...but if you care to know what's coming next, it's all in there! Open it up and if you don't understand any of it, ask questions.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
What do you guys think?

Well 'they' are idiots as video shows it lasted only 8 - 10 seconds. To blindly take the word of the "they's" of the world really makes one look gullible and foolish.

Did you even look at the video in the link you posted, clearly the meteor lasted only 8 - 10 seconds, which is reasonable for a high atmosphere meteor skim.

Why is this not posted in the Science forum?

Last edited by Asheville Native; 04-15-2010 at 07:15 PM..

Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,332,104 times
Here is where it landed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI-RA6YTqZY&NR=1

Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 PM

117 posts, read 344,581 times
Why post it on the Christian sub forum? I mean why are you posting it on the religion forum anyway?

To me, this is a perfect example of why religion was invented.

Religion=mankinds attempt to explain the unknown.

No, I don't know what to think about the fireball but then again, I'm not a scientist. However, I'm not afraid to admit that I don't know. The last thing I need is any sort of "god" in my life to help me come to terms with the fact that I don't know or can't explain everything.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yes, I heard about this. WOW!! Things are increasing.....

Yeah right...Nothing new here, meteors are pretty darned common. My doughter and I have great memories of nights spent laying of a remote beach watching meteor showers.

YouTube - Meteor over alberta! (Best footage)

Old 04-15-2010, 07:27 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,614,979 times
Very Cool!!!
Here's one in South Africa last year:

YouTube - Meteor lights up sky in South Africa [both angles]

Sweden Last year:

YouTube - Meteor Lights up over Sweden

Idaho last year:

YouTube - Explosive meteor lights up the sky in Hailey Idaho Near Sun Valley

Here's a local report on yesterday's:

YouTube - Apparent meteor flashes across sky

Here's one in Canada from 2008.

CTV Calgary- Massive fireball lights up the night sky - CTV News

I've seen small ones but never one this big! Awesome...

Old 04-15-2010, 07:34 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Well 'they' are idiots as video shows it lasted only 8 - 10 seconds. To blindly take the word of the "they's" of the world really makes one look gullible and foolish.

Did you even look at the video in the link you posted, clearly the meteor lasted only 8 - 10 seconds, which is reasonable for a high atmosphere meteor skim.

Why is this not posted in the Science forum?
Because this must be a sign that the end of the world is near.You mean you don't grasp the obvious that earthquakes,tornadoes,meteorites,and such are proof that the world is about to end?

Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,614,979 times
Now here's the scary stuff:
CBC News - Asteroids

And the next big one to approach the earth? You guessed it! Dec. 12th 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality