U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,560,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Campbell , have you ever experienced a near death experience?
On April 24, 1969, I got caught on a 7,400 volt eletrical line. I ended up in the hospital for 7 weeks. I did not experience Heaven or Hell. Yet I was able to see things without the use of my physical eyes. And it was at that time, when I realized that there is consciousness that exist beyond the physical. This same ability, has been spoken of by others who have experienced a NDE.

Last edited by Campbell34; 04-24-2010 at 10:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 10:53 AM

10,040 posts, read 6,653,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
On April 24, 1973, I got caught on a 7,400 volt eletrical line. I ended up in the hospital for 7 weeks. I did not experience Heaven or Hell. Yet I was able to see things without the use of my physical eyes. And it was at that time, when I realized that there is consciousness that exist beyond the physical. This same ability, has been spoken of by others who have experienced a NDE.

Campbell, so if I understand you right, your saying that you did not experience a near death experience. Correct?

Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Campbell, so if I understand you right, your saying that you did not experience a near death experience. Correct?
I believe I did have a NDE, and that is because my spirit was taking over, and my physical eyesight was nolonger necessary to observe my physical surroundings. This is what often occurs during a NDE as reported by others. I took a massive amount of electricity, and still have a large triangle burnt into my left shoulder.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:38 PM

11,805 posts, read 14,147,020 times
Your "physical eyesight" is not necessary when you dream. You can use your imagination and "see" things using your "mind's eye".

Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Your "physical eyesight" is not necessary when you dream. You can use your imagination and "see" things using your "mind's eye".
It was not my imagination that was in play here. I was viewing events around me in real time, and seeing people who were really there. Yet I was doing this without the use of my physical eyesight.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
It was not my imagination that was in play here. I was viewing events around me in real time, and seeing people who were really there. Yet I was doing this without the use of my physical eyesight.
How do you know this to be true and not just some sort of trick that the brain is playing on you and do you have factual proof of any of this other than your word.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
How do you know this to be true and not just some sort of trick that the brain is playing on you and do you have factual proof of any of this other than your word.
The neighbor woman from across the street was asking if I was dead. I was face down, yet I was looking right into her face as she stood over me. And at the time, I could not fully understanding how she could be asking that question when I was looking right at her. Yet not with my physical eyes. This account was confirmed after I had got back from the hospital seven weeks later. Of course, that was 31 years ago. The fact was, I did not know this woman very well. Yet I was able to identify her, because I saw here, and yet, not with my physical eyes.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
The neighbor woman from across the street was asking if I was dead. I was face down, yet I was looking right into her face as she stood over me. And at the time, I could not fully understanding how she could be asking that question when I was looking right at her. Yet not with my physical eyes. This account was confirmed after I had got back from the hospital seven weeks later. Of course, that was 31 years ago. The fact was, I did not know this woman very well. Yet I was able to identify her, because I saw here, and yet, not with my physical eyes.

That's interesting, wonder if you'd care to elaborate a little more on your experience, I do realize that, like you said it was 31 years ago and maybe your memory is not as accurate as it probably used to be, but all the same it would be interesting to hear of your experience or at least what you remember of it.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:00 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,676,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
Religion is a coercive system of falsehood.

Religion uses God to intimidate you; there is no such thing as God. Religious coercion is motivated by the goal of controlling followers.
But the point made in the OP is concerning the psychology behind the reason why an individual may choose belief in God. This does not necessarily involve a religious system.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:38 AM

16,310 posts, read 14,556,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastodermo View Post
I am afraid of death...

I think this is the main point to believe in a God. Honestly, what do you think about that?
Without such irrational fears, religion looses it all it's power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality