Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:47 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
The Native American Soul is one who has a soul that was originally formed from the languages Native to America before European conquest under the auspice of Babylonian forms of religious construct/language.

A soul born on US soil is native in respect to the soil that specific incarnate soul was born on , not necessarily to the Culture , Tribes and languages Native to the North Americas.

A Native American soul can be chosen to be reincarnated into the international family on US soil . Or it can be a mix of the stock from Native American languages and an international language set. It would be wise to meditate on this and consider that mixed blood containing a soul formed from a Language native to the North America that is not capable of speaking a Language Native to North America is a Ghost. What this argument about being a Native American is about is the agenda to render Language / Soul Native to North America from truly living and prospering.

I submit that the Cultural Genocide of Souls that are Native to the languages and culture that origiNated in North America is still happening . That is because if the languages and cultures Native to North American are resurrected they will clearly define what a Native American is , was originally , and will be in the future.

From now on I will refer to Souls formed from languages that originated in the North Americas as Integral Native Americans , or Sigma notation NA unless someone has a cooler way of saying it. Furthermore I submit that anyone wishing to be Born Again Sigma NA can learn the customs and languages of the Sigma NA and make revitalization of said NA originating culture and language a reality . That's the best I can do for now.
It would appear that your implying a spark of the divine within the double helix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 PM

425 posts, read 366,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You call it Cherokee,we call it Tsalagi and yes, you have much to learn.....but like you said,small steps.

Now let me give you my question in English:

By who authority do you speak of this?
The Father Yahweh and my Ancestral spirits.Most of my NA relatives that have moved on appear to me in dreams with instructions some of them completely lucid . I learned to fish in the Truckee and lived up there for a 6 months through January. My Dad's ashes are scattered in the lower Truckee and on a mountain top upstream from Pyramid Lake.

I live near an outcropping of rocks and morter stones in the middle of a city. The rocks are used for climbing and the spot is very popular. Lots of spiritual activity going on . Lots of drinking at night and noise I do my best and make use of any kind of aboriginal /nomadic skills that are given to me through books , inspiration and vision. When I first contacted my affiliates for guidance I was under attack by construction on both sides of my residence. Our yard is respectfully planted and a very peaceful place for souls to pass through. Some come here whe they die and wait for their next incarnation. I sense their departures and arrivals sometimes more than less. There are babies everywhere in my area it is a boom. They are innocent victims of all kinds of mishaps. I was told by my dad in a dream I cannot move yet because I needed to be here for the victims. I read people ,as animals are less present in abundance/variety to study.

There is a conscious movement to oust local ancestral spirits by over development . Crows have moved in in large groups and the Red Tails are rare , I can't remember the last time I saw a morning dove and heard it coo near the house. It has been over a year I am sure of that , things are way out of balance. A neighbor ,a retired shrink got back from Wounded Knee the end of last summer and communicated a blessing attributed to Sitting Bull. I receive within the framework of my daily walks and tasks , and do my best to walk softly . I do carry a couple different walking sticks cut from a local grove. I do my part to utilize local tree lumber set aside for chipping. Baby steps.

Now as for your phrase , I figured it had to do authority or affiliation. I have tried to deal with an NA forum, it was very trying , I have been through this before with Hebrew studies and congregations, Palestinians .... there are similarities in regards to acceptance and initiation .There are clear differences thankfully. I don't care for the hazing aspects of the process , but I see it's benefit's in regards to guarding mystery. . I used the word Cherokee because that was the common name and this is a public forum and figured you would clarify . Although I can read and write the modified alphabet for Dakota it lacks something vital to the language's construct..... Baby steps. I need to walk. Shalom for now Ptsum.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:56 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
The Father Yahweh and my Ancestral spirits.Most of my NA relatives that have moved on appear to me in dreams with instructions some of them completely lucid . I learned to fish in the Truckee and lived up there for a 6 months through January. My Dad's ashes are scattered in the lower Truckee and on a mountain top upstream from Pyramid Lake.

I live near an outcropping of rocks and morter stones in the middle of a city. The rocks are used for climbing and the spot is very popular. Lots of spiritual activity going on . Lots of drinking at night and noise I do my best and make use of any kind of aboriginal /nomadic skills that are given to me through books , inspiration and vision. When I first contacted my affiliates for guidance I was under attack by construction on both sides of my residence. Our yard is respectfully planted and a very peaceful place for souls to pass through. Some come here whe they die and wait for their next incarnation. I sense their departures and arrivals sometimes more than less. There are babies everywhere in my area it is a boom. They are innocent victims of all kinds of mishaps. I was told by my dad in a dream I cannot move yet because I needed to be here for the victims. I read people ,as animals are less present in abundance/variety to study.

There is a conscious movement to oust local ancestral spirits by over development . Crows have moved in in large groups and the Red Tails are rare , I can't remember the last time I saw a morning dove and heard it coo near the house. It has been over a year I am sure of that , things are way out of balance. A neighbor ,a retired shrink got back from Wounded Knee the end of last summer and communicated a blessing attributed to Sitting Bull. I receive within the framework of my daily walks and tasks , and do my best to walk softly . I do carry a couple different walking sticks cut from a local grove. I do my part to utilize local tree lumber set aside for chipping. Baby steps.

Now as for your phrase , I figured it had to do authority or affiliation. I have tried to deal with an NA forum, it was very trying , I have been through this before with Hebrew studies and congregations, Palestinians .... there are similarities in regards to acceptance and initiation .There are clear differences thankfully. I don't care for the hazing aspects of the process , but I see it's benefit's in regards to guarding mystery. . I used the word Cherokee because that was the common name and this is a public forum and figured you would clarify . Although I can read and write the modified alphabet for Dakota it lacks something vital to the language's construct..... Baby steps. I need to walk. Shalom for now Ptsum.

Shalom Rabbi and osay,we will talk again in the near future.You walk a very troubling path but it is of your choosing and to be respected.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Moderator cut: Per the TOS: "English only in posts.' Not trying to be someway or anything, but none of this sounds anything like what my elders taught us.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-25-2010 at 08:49 AM..

Old 04-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Oakback, just so you know, I am speaking Numu Tekwapu (Comanche language). PT is speaking Tsalagi (Cherokee). I attempted to translate my Comanche into Tsalagi in post #16 so PT could understand what I said. As I mentioned, I probably mutilated the Tsalagi language in that post.

We did this to point out (at least speaking for myself) that there are those of us who do still speak our language. Based upon the OPs post, it would seem that, to him, without the ability to speak the language, one is not a "Native Soul" (whatever that means). There are many native people who can no longer speak the language of their tribe, just as there are many who can speak the language such as PT and myself. The ones who cannot are just as much NDNs as those of us who can.

Don't get me wrong, language IS important; however, it is just one hallmark of culture. That being said, it is very important that our respective nations strive to restore our languages to a place of prominence among the people. English should be our second language IMO. I disagree with the using the term "resurrected" as the OP stated as this suggests that our languages are dead (some sadly are though). PT and I are displaying that this is, uh, not so much.

Forgive me if I spoke for you incorrectly PT.

I still wonder what the heck a "Sigma Native American" is.

BTW: Chango, the answer is "yes".

Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Oakback, just so you know, I am speaking Numu Tekwapu (Comanche language). PT is speaking Tsalagi (Cherokee). I attempted to translate my Comanche into Tsalagi in post #16 so PT could understand what I said. As I mentioned, I probably mutilated the Tsalagi language in that post.

We did this to point out (at least speaking for myself) that there are those of us who do still speak our language. Based upon the OPs post, it would seem that, to him, without the ability to speak the language, one is not a "Native Soul" (whatever that means). There are many native people who can no longer speak the language of their tribe, just as there are many who can speak the language such as PT and myself. The ones who cannot are just as much NDNs as those of us who can.

Don't get me wrong, language IS important; however, it is just one hallmark of culture. That being said, it is very important that our respective nations strive to restore our languages to a place of prominence among the people. English should be our second language IMO. I disagree with the using the term "resurrected" as the OP stated as this suggests that our languages are dead (some sadly are though). PT and I are displaying that this is, uh, not so much.

(Forgive me if I spoke for you incorrectly PT).
Most of what you guys have said has obviously gone way over my head

But I really am interested in NA spirituality. Some of my Christian brethren may flame me for that, but the NA's understanding and respect for the earth with all of it's rythm and it's creatures and their inter-relationship is something not inconsistent with my faith.
I simple NA spirituality 101 recommendation would be appreciated.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Forgive me if I spoke for you incorrectly PT.

I still wonder what the heck a "Sigma Native American" is.

BTW: Chango, the answer is "yes".
Fullback,your words are true and I could not have said them better myself..

Outback,this has been an unrehearsed exercise in showing that some native languages are still alive and well and as Fullback has stated,language is important to our culture but as it also shows,even though we are of different nations,we can still communicate with one another and be understood,even if it is humor...

And to the moderators,Miss Blue and June 7th,I do hope you'll forgive us for not speaking in English but it was to prove a point and I thank you for your patience on this...

Last edited by ptsum; 04-21-2010 at 02:45 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Most of what you guys have said has obviously gone way over my head

But I really am interested in NA spirituality. Some of my Christian brethren may flame me for that, but the NA's understanding and respect for the earth with all of it's rythm and it's creatures and their inter-relationship is something not inconsistent with my faith.
I simple NA spirituality 101 recommendation would be appreciated.
Wow, a primer on NA spirituality. Difficult task in a sense. It's best to start with what NA spirituality is NOT.

First, there is no such thing as Native American spirituality. While there are some common tenets among the nations, there is no unified set of beliefs, ceremonies or traditions. Lakotas and Comanches, Navajos and Pimas, Choctaws and Cherokees, Mohawks and Oneidas, Pomos and Miwoks, Haidas and Tlingits are different (I think I represented the Plains, Southwest, Southeast, Northeast, California and Northwest pretty good there). There are 546 Federally Recognized tribes. That's a lot of diversity.

Second, there is no such thing as Native American religion. Not only for the same reason I stated above, but also because these are not religions in the conventional sense of the word, yet at the same time, some nations border more on the religion side than others. I say this as some nations have a lot of ceremonies and others have little to none (like my tribe). Some tribes express spirituality in a communal sense, others are very individualistic concerning it (Like mine. In fact, among my people, public displays of spirituality are looked down upon and considered unseemly).

Third, Native American spirituality is not the crystal waving, New Age, hippy, wannabe, twinkie crap you see all over the internet and in a lot of bookstores. Discernment in really important.

This is a good starting place. My break is over.

Last edited by Fullback32; 04-21-2010 at 02:38 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Wow, a primer on NA spirituality. Difficult task in a sense. It's best to start with what NA spirituality is NOT.

First, there is no such thing a Native American spirituality. While there are some common tenets among the nations, there is no unified set of beliefs, ceremonies or traditions. Lakotas and Comanches, Navajos and Pimas, Choctaws and Cherokees, Mohawks and Oneidas, Pomos and Miwoks, Haidas and Tlingits are different (I think I represented the Plains, Southwest, Southeast, Northeast, California and Northwest pretty good there). There are 546 Federally Recognized tribes. That's a lot of diversity.

Second, there is no such thing as Native American religion. Not only for the same reason I stated above, but also because these are not religions in the conventional sense of the word, yet at the same time, some nations border more on the religion side than others. I say this as some nations have a lot of ceremonies and others have little to none (like my tribe). Some tribes express spirituality in a communal sense, others are very individualistic concerning it (like mine. In fact, public displays of spirituality are looked down upon and considered unseemly).

Third, Native American spirituality is not the crystal waving, New Age, hippy, wannabe, twinkie crap you see all over the internet and in a lot of bookstores. Discernment in really important.

This is a good starting place. My break is over.

I had no idea. 546? Wow. That is alot of diversity.
Funny how ignorance leads to stereo types, and the blurring of uniqueness.

Next time I'm at a Barnes and Noble, I'll look around for something.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM

Outback, let me follow up what Fullback has just said and I will agree with him on everything he had to say, there is no such thing as a Native American religion, religion means that it would have to be something organized and the Native American belief is far from being organized, it is an individual belief, it is private and personal and is never celebrated in the open, it is whatever you feel within yourself, but there are two basic beliefs, the belief in a Creator and the respect for Mother Earth and all she provides, there is the respect that all living things have spirits and that none is above the other, we are all the same and we are all equal and we the native people have learned to treat one another with respect. I know that Fullback has different ceremonies and different ways of communicating with his Creator, as I have different ways of doing the same thing, but neither way is wrong, they are both the right way for each one of us and we don't try to tell one another who is right or who is wrong, they're both right, that's why we find it hard to understand why some religions want to try to force their beliefs on others, how can you make somebody believe in something that they don't believe in? One has to truly believe in their belief in order to believe in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality