Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 AM

433 posts, read 586,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It doesn't work that way. We did those things. We have to fix them. God will not solve our material problems for us. Now if you ask Him to bring a smile to a lonely person, send love to the downhearted or to brighten someones day, He will. God isn't interested in what is material. All those things belong to the material. Pray for spiritual things and I bet you He'll answer you before you even get done with the asking.
Why don't you ask your God to stop religious wars and terrorism? Religious followers have been fighting over who are the "chosen ones" through out human history -- we are gonna get rid of religious Gods.

That' non-material religious hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
It doesn't work that way.
No surprise there then!!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
Why don't you ask your God to stop religious wars and terrorism? Religious followers have been fighting over who are the "chosen ones" through out human history -- we are gonna get rid of religious Gods.

We are the creators of the materialism and the wars over petty crap that you are blaming on God. He is spiritual, not material and until we all realize that, we will keep believing in all the crap mankind has put upon us. God does not care about the petty little wars that go on here in the material world. He cares about the soul of man. That is what He created and that is what is most precious to us and Him.

Are you living right. Then you are ok with God even if you do not believe in Him. Do you help those in need. Then you are ok with God even if you do not believe in Him. Are you trying to help uplift the planet and making our world a better world to live in. Then you are doing ok with God even if you do not believe in Him. The important thing to remember is that even if you do not make contact with Him, even if you do not believe in Him, even if you think He's a figment of our imaginations, He will Always believe and love you in All Ways. No matter what.

So what if the religions of the world paint a very evil picture of Him. That is not who He is. So what if religions paint a God who only picks certain people to allow into Heaven. That is not who God is. God is Love and Love does not put conditions on anything nor does Love forsake anyone. You have been misled by religions and it got so bad that you chose to not believe. Well, I'm here to tell ya that even if you do not believe, He loves and adores you and He will never punish you so horribly and eternally just because you do not believe in Him. It's just something you will need to overcome and correct, eventually.

God loves all of his children. Even the nonbelievers and until you realize what True Unconditional, unbiased Love is that is not of this world, you won't know who and what God is and you'll continue to believe the lies of those who claim to be working for Him yet do not Love all without putting a condition on them. You and the rest of the world were created out of Love for Love. That is it. Just Love. There is nothing more that needs to be done when you walk in Love. Just BE love.

To be honest, most athiest know how to do that better than the religious folks.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No surprise there then!!
Like I said, God does not answer material prayers. He only answers prayers that come from the heart, what your intentions are.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Like I said, God does not answer material prayers. He only answers prayers that come from the heart, what your intentions are.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know this?

Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Like I said, God does not answer material prayers.
Really? Guess you need to be reminded of John 14:14:

"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it".

Quote:
He only answers prayers that come from the heart,......
Well surely you would love to see an end to starvation, an end to cancer? Surely your prayers for an and to these things would be "heartfelt"? Jesus promised you that he will give you what you ask for so go ahead...ask for these thing and see where it gets you. Your prayers for these things to end would surely be more worthy that someone asking for God to find their lost keys and we have seen on these very forums, claims that he does that without any problem.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do you know this?
Mostly experience and I have also been told by the Celestials that our organization has channeled.

When we pray for the material, we take away from the spiritual part of our being. We are spiritaul beings living in a material world. We are provided those things that are necessary to survive, i.e. clothes, food, shelter. Because of our greed to always have more, there are millions on the planet who have been left with the bare minimum to survive. This planet has sufficient resources to provide for the whole world. No one should be starving or without shelter but there are people all over who have nothing. God will provide the comfort so that they can ease their own suffering. He will provide compassion so that when those people see another in the same condition, they would give everything they have to provide for them. That is true love in every sense of the word. The people who stand by and watch those go hungry and pray for material things are only adding to their own lack of soul progression. When we pray for material things, we lose our own soul in the process because we are asking for more money, more trinkets, more useless things instead of looking to our spiritaul nature which is compassion, understanding, forgiveness, humility, mercy and most of all, Love.

God will provide the things that have to do with our soul growth. He will not provide the things that are useless for that progress.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Really? Guess you need to be reminded of John 14:14:

"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it".

Well surely you would love to see an end to starvation, an end to cancer? Surely your prayers for an and to these things would be "heartfelt"? Jesus promised you that he will give you what you ask for so go ahead...ask for these thing and see where it gets you. Your prayers for these things to end would surely be more worthy that someone asking for God to find their lost keys and we have seen on these very forums, claims that he does that without any problem.
Good thing I don't read the bible then, huh?!

Yes, I would love to see an end to our suffering. It takes the world working together for the same outcome to make that happen. When the government works against the people, it's hard to bring the outcome to a more positive end. but it sure does start with you making your own environment a better place to live so that others may follow even if you aren't into religion or God.

Jesus said ask but He also meant ask for the things that uplift the soul. Sure we can ask for material things but most likely, you'll get a spiritual answer.

God sends helpers to find lost keys. Helpers that are material beings that live in the spiritual realm. I can tell you who they are but I'm sure I'd be called more nonsensical names as I always get called around here.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:02 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post

Vic, for the love of ham, religion doesn't, by itself, "cause" wars that wouldn't otherwise occur at all. Religion has been used many times in the past by manipulative leaders as a tool to begin or garnish continued support for wars and to support or bring about acceptance of a great number of very ugly deeds, but such manipulative people will use any excuse to accomplish those goals. If there were no such thing as religion, trust me, that wouldn't mean there was no such thing as war.

What should be stopped is mass manipulation, and what eyes should be opened to is the fact that there will always be bad guys (and gals) in our midst. It doesn't matter to whom they pray or even if they pray.

Using religion as a means to get people to go kill other people is a particularly ugly method, granted, because it's so emotional and people can be so trusting...but again, leaders who want people to goose-step behind them will simply use another means if necessary or if among a group that isn't particularly religious.

Religion can end up being divisive (and frequently does) by virtue of the fact that it's pervasive in a given individual's lifestyle or beliefs and can step on toes very, very easily, but we have TONS of divisive aspects to our nature, who we are and what we do as human beings. The "answer" isn't to "stop" religion. That wouldn't bring about Nirvana. If you're looking to end all war, telling people to stop believing in God isn't going to accomplish this goal.

That's like saying the main cause for robbery is the fact that people have stuff, and therefore, people should no longer be allowed to own anything. Even if that (very weirdly and very creepily) did happen, people would still steal. They'd just steal the absolute necessities instead, rather than big-screen TVs.

Your logic doesn't really pan out on this issue.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:18 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
You're partially right.

When I stopped looking for God to take care of me, and started taking care of myself, things got all better. I rejected god, and found hope and happiness.
Because "Another's God, is worse than a native devil".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality