Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:08 PM

5 posts, read 12,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Very good point!!!!! I have really lost my energy with these and now I just watch the new people come in and try to convince the same people of their faith!!! Seems when it comes down to it on here you either want to believe in Jesus or NOT, I have yet to find someone on here that has asked a Christian a WHY question really wanting to find the TRUTH in CHRIST and possibly showing they might really be interested!!

For the most part looks like more PROVE IT TO ME HE EXIST!!!
Hang in there WB...it's difficult sometimes, but we as true Christians are charged with spreading the word. And it all starts with this:
""For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities-His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." Romans 1:20 NLT If people can just look around and see His miricles and believe in God....the rest has to follow. Because if you believe in part of the Bible, your faith has to push you to trust in ALL of it, most importantly Christ as our Savior. Take care all, and thanks for your words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 07:38 PM

5 posts, read 12,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I agree 100% with this.

A fear of hell makes the gospel message man-centered. What can I gain from believing? And you're right, that's not what the motivation should be.

My motivation is God. Because He Is.
I think that if you fear hell, than you have good reason too. Nobody will get to Heaven by serving God out of fear. I serve Christ, who is MY liason to my God who at this time cannot look apon my sinful life because of all His Glory. So through Christ, a lowly sinner like me can be loved by the God of all creation. There is no fear in that.....there is only EXCITEMENT for me. Hell holds no fear for me, noooooooooo sir-ee, I know my what my judgement at the White Throne will be. When God asks me why I think I should be allowed in Heaven, all I have to say is "cause i'm buddies with your Son Sir!!!"

Old 08-10-2007, 10:17 PM

67 posts, read 162,019 times
James 2:19-23
You believe there is one God. You do well. Even the demons do ---and tremble. But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works, is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son in the alter? Do you see that faith was working together with his works and by works FAITH was made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which says, Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to Him for righteousness. And he was call a friend of God.

Faith is a gift from God. He has given us the standard of his word to put into practice. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Rom 10:17 Putting the word to work will produce faith. Just saying you have faith profits you nothing. Faith without works is dead.

Matt 7:21
Not everyone that says to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my father who is in heaven.

Matt 15:8
Hypocrites! well did Isaiah prophesy about you saying: These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men!

Matt 7:13-14
Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Heb 3:18-19
And to whom did he swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Rev 21:8
But for the cowardly, UNBELIEVING, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

To he who overcomes:21:7
Rev 21:4
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more no more death, no sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

So!!
Phil 3:14
Press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

And always remember Phil 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality