Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,640 times

Advertisements

Hell is a hole in your kilt, a hole in your jug, and a too holy wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 788 times
i am glad for this discussion.. i agree with the former.. we need to eliminate two things :

1. money
2. religion

and replace with technology. ever growing and advancing technology. I believe in god and yes even Jesus Christ.. but both have abandoned us.. a religious definition of hell! we are in it.. enjoy!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,501 times
And then for technology we get nothing but Progress for the failure of the earlier usage for easier living standards. Is this what you mean for the Yahoo site of combining Hobbes in the utopian way of social technocracy (I get it now) for the F. Nietzsche concern (whatever; maybe I'd knoww too much that way) at theocratic Calvin (just to realize governmetns confuse the issues of good progress)? Nobody answered my comments for four years now.

Last edited by tgnostic; 05-31-2010 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: Anyone interested?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xube View Post

Greatest books of fiction: Bible, Quaran, Koran, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, and all religious writings.....including Star Wars
We have a book

Star Wars is fiction, that is 100% understood, it is entertainment.

The bible is fiction, yet 90% believe it is an accurate history/science book, and that is sad.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:55 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,501 times
Oh well; I've got to go to get my progressive support for those engineers done.

I'm not sure I get you for self-conscious states.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:06 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,612,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xube View Post
The world mortals live in is Hell. Look at the things that go on here...just read the front page of any newspaper. You now stand in Hell.

We will all go to Heaven to join our ancestors and all those who live in a continuous state of love and stability of good. The other living beings of this and other worlds will join us there in harmony and wisdom.

Enjoy the ride and quit making religion such a major contributor to the hell we now live in....eliminate religions and this world might just become heaven....aho

Greatest books of fiction: Bible, Quaran, Koran, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, and all religious writings.....including Star Wars
Ignorant post. You'll flee to the caves just like the rest of them the day of retribution comes. Ugh. Tired of these post!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:11 PM

63 posts, read 82,365 times
yes, i totally agree with you.
i believe that Hell isnt a underground but a place here on Earth. many people, to me, are straight up demons and devil advocates.
i know this soounds scary but this is extremely, obviously true.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:03 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,437,571 times
It all boils down to believing doesn't it? For me......who am I going to believe? Do I trust in myself? A mere 43 year-old? Or, do I trust in the God of the UNIVERSE?

As I've stated......43 years-old! Took me long enough to figure some things out and guess what? In all that time, I'm not "there yet"!! Yet, here's the most amazing news.... in all that time...HE'S NEVER CHANGE! He was waiting on me! Not me waiting on Him!!, WOW! Talk about taking the long road home huh? You've heard about the prodigal son, well...meet the daughter!

No my friend, this is not hell,this is GRACE! You ain't seen nothing yet........

Betsey

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 01-12-2012 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: comma's, typo's, etc....

Old 01-13-2012, 03:08 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_woman View Post
yes, i totally agree with you.
i believe that Hell isnt a underground but a place here on Earth. many people, to me, are straight up demons and devil advocates.
i know this soounds scary but this is extremely, obviously true.
What is scary is that in 2012 there are still people walking our streets that believe in "demons and devil advocates."

Be aware folks....'They Walk Amongst Us'!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 05:33 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Default In summary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
If such was the case, why aren't 'we there yet'? Let me go ahead an answer that for you......because there's something we all must do, yes DO! We must say YES, to HIS WILL AND HIS WAY!!...................................FINAL ANSWER!!
Uhhmmm... Nope! WRONG of course. Only in your opinion: FINAL ANSWER. I've said NO to that interminable religious tripe... IMHO of course... but v. well supported).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
its whatever YOU make of it-heaven or hell-the choice is your's-and its not whats on the outside but rather an internal happening.
Exactly. But debout fundies want the promised End Times to arrive, ASAP. It's their only way out of what they cannot deal with (i.e.: reality and no afterlife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Personally? Wow...what's his favorite color? Favorite food?

So you read about a guy named Jesus in a book called the bible, you continue to discuss him with others as if he has some kind of supernatural powers, but in reality, what "proof" or "evidence" do you have for him? You have nothing...you attribute him as the cause for random events, but in reality, you cannot provide any rational information to make to your case. It's all about "faith" and "spirituality" right?

It's no different than if I told you blue aliens from the planet Xenon 7 created the earth. I couldn't show any more evidence to prove it, and you would have no more evidence to disprove it.

How about the simple fact that nature is a complicated series of scientific coincidences and evolutions? No hocus pocus....no bearded guy with supernatural powers?
Now that's saying a mind-full, neil. But all so very true, even with just a preliminary review of the obvious facts around us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
And then for technology we get nothing but Progress for the failure of the earlier usage for easier living standards. Is this what you mean for the Yahoo site of combining Hobbes in the utopian way of social technocracy (I get it now) for the F. Nietzsche concern (whatever; maybe I'd knoww too much that way) at theocratic Calvin (just to realize governmetns confuse the issues of good progress)?

Nobody answered my comments for four years now.
Well not really true, tgnostic. Many of us have tried, and you do get responses, just not so often. We're rather easily confused I suppose! But then, you are seemingly from another planet, obviously, when you post such stuff as you do.

Like this next one, for instance... Whatever DO you mean, we all wonder? Why won't you tell us what country and ancestry you come from? It shouldn't be a big secret here. Me? I'm an ex-Canadian, of British, Scottish and Welsh ancestry. And you? What is your native language? Else, what are you hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Oh well; I've got to go to get my progressive support for those engineers done.

I'm not sure I get you for self-conscious states.
Or maybe you're just a bad computer program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
It all boils down to believing doesn't it? For me......who am I going to believe? Do I trust in myself? A mere 43 year-old? Or, do I trust in the God of the UNIVERSE?

As I've stated......43 years-old! Took me long enough to figure some things out and guess what? In all that time, I'm not "there yet"!! Yet, here's the most amazing news.... in all that time...HE'S NEVER CHANGE! He was waiting on me! Not me waiting on Him!!, WOW! Talk about taking the long road home huh? You've heard about the prodigal son, well...meet the daughter!

No my friend, this is not hell,this is GRACE! You ain't seen nothing yet........Betsey
Betsy, old girl, () if one's time on this earth thinking about it all is your sole qualifying criterion, then I've got'cha beat by 21 years! I've consistently thought about it all, first from the perspective of a practicing & believing Christian teenager and young 20-something, and then following my enlightenment, another 30 yrs of thought and open-minded debate.

Plus fighting the closed-minded out there, those who can't ever come back with anything concrete.

So in the end, my thinking it all through, and my education, told me, in no uncertain terms, that this Christianity stuff is all bogus, that I could actually get on with the rest of my life in total peace and contentment, guilt-free, when I finally shed that heavy and mentally-mildewed cloak of blind faith acceptance, coupled with the sheer absence of any coherent answers to anything. Anything except just blindly accepting it all, that is...

Well OK then; that's your personal decision, I'll grant you that intellectual freedom, but just realize you can't provide any actual supporting factual evidence. Just what you hope, need and choose to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality