Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 05:11 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,007,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I defer to Rifleman, who already explained ferociously against your claims.

Regardless, this doesn't argue against evolution, merely a new understanding of natural preservation of tissues.
no harm done.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:52 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yeah, just like that stretchable, and elastic soft tissue found in dinosaur bones. I would say those wooden beams found in ice have a much better chance of being 4,000 years old, then that stretchable and elastic dinosaur tissue being 80 million years old. LOL
You tried to argue for the existence of soft tissue in dinosaur bones as proof the world was only 6000 years old. Are you saying you've changed your position and accept the world is actually millions of years old now?

Nor am I claiming there isn't preserved 4000 year old wood, becuase there is. There are also living trees more than 4000 years old. List of oldest trees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia How did those trees survive you flood, Huh?

Also explain to me why Noah would build the ark like an underground retaining wall if it was supposed to float, and tell me where he got a large circular saw to mill the lumber.

Don't you ever get tired of using dubious snippets of info to try to justify your world view?

Old 04-28-2010, 05:55 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I don't give a rat's ar$e about Noah's Ark and its evidence.

You arguing grasshoppers need to get a life
Yet here you are. Admit it, AC, deep down you like it and you can't get enough of it.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Actually, he hangs on our every word!

Without our banter, his life would be an empty shell! Right, AC?

BTW, I sent a fairly incendiary e-mail to ABC Good Morning America in which I exposed this scam (I provided the appropriate references to it's origins two years ago) simply being rehashed by scam artists (to that end, I also included the testimony from the team archeologist that he'd been duped out of $100k by these shysters), and 2) that it's so full of logical contradictions and myths that they should be embarrassed to even front it as credible science.

We'll see if cooler heads prevail and the media will just let it slip into the dung-heap of popularized nonsense where it belongs.

When that does happen, as I'm gonna predict, that will leave it's worshippers here stranded yet again.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

We'll see if cooler heads prevail and the media will just let it slip into the dung-heap of popularized nonsense where it belongs.

When that does happen, as I'm gonna predict, that will leave it's worshippers here stranded yet again.
No, worshippers will still believe, in general. The Piltdown Hoax didn't convince any actual believers in human origins and evolution in general to no longer believe evolution took place.

The ark "find" being a scam (and I definitely believe it is...again) doesn't illegitimize (is that a word?) God part and parcel. Sh*t happens, liars abound, no matter what demographic you're talking about.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:22 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,753,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, worshippers will still believe, in general. The Piltdown Hoax didn't convince any actual believers in human origins and evolution in general to no longer believe evolution took place.

The ark "find" being a scam (and I definitely believe it is...again) doesn't illegitimize (is that a word?) God part and parcel. Sh*t happens, liars abound, no matter what demographic you're talking about.
You can't disprove something for which not one shred of evidence exists.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:55 AM

284 posts, read 319,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I thought this was because they were going to need to eat some animals while on the ark (only the clean ones, obviously) and later, so there would need to be more of them.
Why exactly seven of each of the clean ones? Why any unclean ones? I don't see that there is a moral basis behind this instruction.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:19 AM

284 posts, read 319,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And how do you know that those photos are from where they say? Were you there? Where is all the other photos? Where is the the other evidence? it seems the believers are the only ones in denial.
How do you know that any photos or any other scientific evidence is real, if you 'weren't there' and didn't discover the evidence for yourself? The interesting thing is that most people who are so confident that information published in the Bible is fictional are also equally sure that information published in scientific textbooks is fact.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
One has evidence, the other has zilch.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:37 AM

970 posts, read 1,699,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Sherente View Post
How do you know that any photos or any other scientific evidence is real, if you 'weren't there' and didn't discover the evidence for yourself? The interesting thing is that most people who are so confident that information published in the Bible is fictional are also equally sure that information published in scientific textbooks is fact.
There's this little thing called "peer review"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.