Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 AM

433 posts, read 585,623 times

Advertisements

Did God say: "you need a prime rib tonight"

Amazing how religious people do soul searching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,609,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post

No, but He did say, "Vic needs one less bottle of MD 20/20".

Old 04-27-2010, 09:41 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,857,010 times
I'm pretty sure He scratched His beard and said, "Thou dost protest too much, methinks. Get over it, Vic. You don't like me, I don't like you, let's call it a peaceful coexistence."

Old 04-28-2010, 06:27 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,001,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post

God speaks to everyones soul if they would only listen to that still small voice. God is within and what I mean there is that when we bring to light and show the world Love in every possible way, we are listening to God and doing God's will. It matters not if we are from a religion, no religion or an athiest. When you reach out to those in need of a hug, love, food or to just be with another person, you are listening to God whether you like it or not or if you believe or not. It is inate in us to do good. Evil comes to those who choose to disobey the commandments to love all.

Those are the things that God tells me. The things that lead to doing and being Truth, Beauty and Goodness. You can blame it on whatever you like but the God I worship is absolute Love in every sense of the word.

What exactly does God tell me since this post is in reference to what I wrote on another thread. He tells me to Be Love and to Be in the world without being of it. That is all, Just BE. I don't need a religion to follow God. All I need to do is Love.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:58 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,128,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God speaks to everyones soul if they would only listen to that still small voice. God is within and what I mean there is that when we bring to light and show the world Love in every possible way, we are listening to God and doing God's will. It matters not if we are from a religion, no religion or an athiest. When you reach out to those in need of a hug, love, food or to just be with another person, you are listening to God whether you like it or not or if you believe or not. It is inate in us to do good. Evil comes to those who choose to disobey the commandments to love all.
If you are using 'God" as a metaphor for our inner voice or the thinking and conscious part of our solitutde, then maybe. If you literally mean that some supernatural being lives in "heaven" and "speaks" to us telephathically, then I think someone needs more of that medication. When we do good deeds, why can't it just be because we as human beings and living creatures wanted to do it? Why can't we just perform an action without it being linked to some unknown "God?"

Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,001,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
If you are using 'God" as a metaphor for our inner voice or the thinking and conscious part of our solitutde, then maybe. If you literally mean that some supernatural being lives in "heaven" and "speaks" to us telephathically, then I think someone needs more of that medication. When we do good deeds, why can't it just be because we as human beings and living creatures wanted to do it? Why can't we just perform an action without it being linked to some unknown "God?"
I'm not saying everyone has to link everything to God.

I believe we were created for the purpose to love one another. When we do that, we are doing the very thing we were created for. I link that to God because He actually did create us. As I come to know Him, I can relate to the kind of love that is in Him.

And yes, God is soul and lives in the center of all universes. He doesn't control us in the way that some people think. He does use "supernatural" ways to communicate with us because most of us have not learned that part of us yet so we deem it supernatural. In fact, it's more natural than the way we currently communicate with each other using words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality