Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

You are probably right.

Campbell34: How many times is this Ark discovery going to happen? Do you believe it every time?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Naturally, to a believer who has fully rejected the sciences, any evidence that deny the Scriptures is suspect.

Christians do not deny science, and in fact much of the science taught was established by Christians. Yet it is obvious, much of what passes for science today, especially when speaking of evolution is based on wild assumptions. And many of these assumptions have little or no evidence to back up their claims. Scripture continues to be confirmed by historical discovery. And believers in evolution only wish they could match such discoveries for their side. The discovery of the Ark of Noah on Mt. Ararat, is just one more example for the truth of Scriptures. Of course, to continue to fully believe in evolution, such discoveries must be ignored, and denied.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Christians do not deny science, ....
They do when it contradicts their belief in stone-age mythology. You are a classic example.

Quote:
Yet it is obvious, much of what passes for science today, especially when speaking of evolution is based on wild assumptions. And many of these assumptions have little or no evidence to back up their claims.
See above.

Quote:
The discovery of the Ark of Noah on Mt. Ararat, is just one more example for the truth of Scriptures.
What "discovery"?? All I have seen is a bunch of evangelical Christians claiming that...and even they only say 'it might be'. But as Rifleman has so often pointed out...YOU take the words 'might be', 'possibly' and 'perhaps' and interpret them to mean 'has', 'definitely' and 'undoubtedly'.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
You are probably right.

Campbell34: How many times is this Ark discovery going to happen? Do you believe it every time?

The Ark has been observed for many years. And most of the Ark stories have come to us from between the 13,000 to 15,000 foot elevations of Mt. Ararat. Yet the Ark was in such a hidden spot, that few ever got to see it because of the heavy ice that covers it. And most of the Ark sightings came to us during the hottest series of summers. Yet this time, it appears they must of had a GPS fix on one of the sections, and the link show us where they had to tunnel down to it. I believe from this time on, we are going to see even more dramatic pictures of the Ark of Noah. You see, the Bible has been telling us the truth from the very beginning. And those who located the Ark believed the Bible, and that is why they found it.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
They do when it contradicts their belief in stone-age mythology. You are a classic example.

See above.

What "discovery"?? All I have seen is a bunch of evangelical Christians claiming that...and even they only say 'it might be'. But as Rifleman has so often pointed out...YOU take the words 'might be', 'possibly' and 'perhaps' and interpret them to mean 'has', 'definitely' and 'undoubtedly'.

It was modern age archeologist who said that King David and Israels two kingdoms were just Bible myths. A discovery at a place called Tel Dan made them look like fools. For the discovery once again showed the Bible to be true. And those archeologist were the one's pushing their modern day mythology. They are a classic example.

The Ark of Noah, will only be found near the very top of Mt. Ararat. And that is because the Bible said it landed there. How many manmade structures will be found between the 13,000 and 15,000 foot elevations of Mt. Ararat? And how many of them will be found after C-14 testing to be 4800 years old? And those who discovered it stated they are 99.9% sure it is the Ark of Noah. That is close enought for me. Of course, if it were said to be 100%. I understand that would not be enough for a believer in evolution. Of course evolution does not require real evidence, just blind faith.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:

The Ark of Noah, will only be found near the very top of Mt. Ararat.
Which is rather different from your previous claim that it HAS been found!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Tourism old chap...tourism!
And if nothing was to be found there, how could there be tourism old chap? Even the link shows us there are very thick wooden floors and heavy beams, found deep below the surface of the ice. And they have been C-14 tested to 4800 years. Do you think the Christians got their hands on some old wood and built the structure up there? I'm mean really, at some point in time, you have to put 2+2 together.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Which is rather different from your previous claim that it HAS been found!
It's not different at all. I have told you guys from the very beginning, that the Ark was found between the 13,000 foot and 15,000 foot elevation on Mt. Ararat. And it was broken in three or four sections. This was reported by Ed Davis and others. And it was also reported by photographic satellite interpreters. And every account given, you guys denied. Even when I showed pictures of wooden beams near the top of Ararat, some here tried to say it was only lava. Based on the pictures I see now, in the future you guys are really going to have to go into some serious denial.

Consider the first picture on the link below. You can see obvious wooden beams. And this structure is two and a half miles above the earth. And C-14 testing has returned dates of 4800 years.

FOXNews.com - Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
And if nothing was to be found there, how could there be tourism old chap?
In the same way that there is tourism at Ron Wyatt's Ark site. In the same way that there is tourism at that creation museum you have in the US. Some people are just plain gullible!

Quote:
I'm mean really, at some point in time, you have to put 2+2 together.
Oh, I have...and I get 4. Problem is, when you put 2+2 together...you get 5.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
In the same way that there is tourism at Ron Wyatt's Ark site. In the same way that there is tourism at that creation museum you have in the US. Some people are just plain gullible!

Oh, I have...and I get 4. Problem is, when you put 2+2 together...you get 5.

And who put the wood floor and heavy wooden beams in place? Or did you miss that? Ron Wayatt's site was a land formation. And I never saw anything outside of a land formation. The wooden beams show us, that without question what they discovered at the 13,000 foot elevation on Mt. Ararat, is manmade. And it is in the very location where the Bible said the Ark of Noah landed. And if you can see that wooden floor and wooden beams and ignore that. Then there is no way you will conclude that 2+2=4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality