U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-03-2010, 09:17 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,318,159 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes, because we all know the government never lies for their benefit ( ie: tourists, they even admitted that). And of course you dont think these are all upstanding people, they are a religious group, no agenda there. You only see and believe what you want Campbell, you already proved that.




The remote sensing technician does not believe in Noah's Ark. What is his agenda? And who would lie about such a massive discovery? Especially, when only in a short period of time the truth would be known? And they would all be exposed as fakes. I see years of people who claim the Ark is there. The only way one could believe as you do, is simply to believe that everyone from Marko Polo, to Ed Davis are all bold faced liars. That is what I refuse to believe.

 
Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 11,768,998 times
Reputation: 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The remote sensing technician does not believe in Noah's Ark. What is his agenda? And who would lie about such a massive discovery? Especially, when only in a short period of time the truth would be known? And they would all be exposed as fakes. I see years of people who claim the Ark is there. The only way one could believe as you do, is simply to believe that everyone from Marko Polo, to Ed Davis are all bold faced liars. That is what I refuse to believe.
Money?! For just one, and the remote sensing in no way proves the ark.

These pop up every few years, then fall by the wayside, they never show anything never prove anything. This is a rehash and nothing has ever come from these " discoveries"

Ed Davis again?
CH505.7: Ed Davis: Ark Witness

And you cant even compare Marco Polo with these clowns!!
 
Old 05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,466,552 times
Reputation: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I was able to axcess their web site. And they look like a very nice group of people. Who seem very responsible,..........
Yeah, most con men appear that way, that's how con men get away with their scams mate!
 
Old 05-03-2010, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Moving through this etheria
430 posts, read 319,660 times
Reputation: 185
Amazing to even suggest that remote sensing could see through clouds and ice into a cave and then spot a shattered Ark, and then "confirm" it as that, with no other possibilities even suggested.

One guy hints at that, and tens of other, more capable and accomplished technicians refute it, but somehow the one bad story is "a keeper".

There are those for which this persistent Ark fairy tale is a God-sent dream. Nothing will dispel the myth in their minds. It does seem a bit desperate that this is the same story the thread's author posted last year. It was dealt with then, and yet he brings it up here again, with even less evidence. Actually, since the "university" never produced their promised report, and the team archeologist now states it was all a hoax, I'd say there is evidence: that it's a fake.

What's that sort of strategy called in psychologist's lingo?

Cambell34, if you hope to regain any of your now-evaporated credibility, why don't you at least come up with something new? Make up an all-new story at least. To just regurgitate the same old one?
 
Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 11,768,998 times
Reputation: 2027
Campbell....What do you say about the post about volcanic activity on Ararat?
 
Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,898 posts, read 6,030,722 times
Reputation: 3922
In the early 1980s, I was a young US Army Lieutenant stationed in support of a NATO rocket battalion in Erzerum, Turkey. As such, I had the opportunity to spend some time with the family of one of our translators, a young Turkis "Tamen" of Kurdish descent from the town of Dogubeyazit.

His Uncle told me gleefully of the large number of American evangelicals he had led up the mountain on wild goose chases. It was a bit of a local industry, entertaining to the locals because, as Muslims, they "knew" the Ark was actually resting on Jebel Judi in Saudi Arabia and not on Mount Ararat at all. But hey... if an American preacher wanted to climb the mountain for a nominal fee, there was no shortage of locals willing to insist they had seen it themselves on any number of previous occasions.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 01:30 PM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,146,616 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
In the early 1980s, I was a young US Army Lieutenant stationed in support of a NATO rocket battalion in Erzerum, Turkey. As such, I had the opportunity to spend some time with the family of one of our translators, a young Turkis "Tamen" of Kurdish descent from the town of Dogubeyazit.

His Uncle told me gleefully of the large number of American evangelicals he had led up the mountain on wild goose chases. It was a bit of a local industry, entertaining to the locals because, as Muslims, they "knew" the Ark was actually resting on Jebel Judi in Saudi Arabia and not on Mount Ararat at all. But hey... if an American preacher wanted to climb the mountain for a nominal fee, there was no shortage of locals willing to insist they had seen it themselves on any number of previous occasions.
thats funny and a good way to make a few bob
 
Old 05-03-2010, 04:32 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,318,159 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
In the early 1980s, I was a young US Army Lieutenant stationed in support of a NATO rocket battalion in Erzerum, Turkey. As such, I had the opportunity to spend some time with the family of one of our translators, a young Turkis "Tamen" of Kurdish descent from the town of Dogubeyazit.

His Uncle told me gleefully of the large number of American evangelicals he had led up the mountain on wild goose chases. It was a bit of a local industry, entertaining to the locals because, as Muslims, they "knew" the Ark was actually resting on Jebel Judi in Saudi Arabia and not on Mount Ararat at all. But hey... if an American preacher wanted to climb the mountain for a nominal fee, there was no shortage of locals willing to insist they had seen it themselves on any number of previous occasions.






Yes, it is a opportunity for some to make money. Yet from the years 1856, to 1993. There have been no less than forty people, which includes U.S Navy photographers, U-2 Pilots, Russians pilots, and numerous others who have confirmed that the Ark is there. And most of them tell us, it is shaped like a barge stuck in the ice. Russian pilots have stated that the vessel was as large as a modern day battleship. So what are we to assume? They are all liars? Is that your conclusion? And now the we have 15 people from China telling us the samething. Are they also, all liars? And we have numerous accounts of people from before the year 1856 who speak of the Arks existance on Ararat. Are all those accounts coming to us from liars as well? Is that what you really believe? Everyone is lying?

http://www.noahsarksearch.com/Eyewitnesses.htm


Ahmet Ertugrul, the search team leader, was the first to get information on the location and then started the search. "I got to know the secret location in June 2008. The source told me that this is Noah's Ark. I took a team there for the search around the region and found a wooden structure. I took some photographs of the interior structure. Since I have worked closely with NAMI for some years, I informed them of the discovery."

Mr. Gerrit Aalten, renowned Duch Ark researcher with 30 years experience in collection information on the Ark believes that detailed eyewitness accounts make the Ark puzzle complete because they all together mention the same significant details that match this astonishing find.

Archaelolgist, Professor Oktay Belli said, "The search team has made the greatest discovery in history.

Dr. Ahmet Ozbed, a Turkish geologist explained how the conditions on Ararat has helped preserve the structure for thousands of years without decay.

Attending experts and government officials argeed that the discovery is of great significance. And in light of historical records, they believe that the most probable explanation is Noah's Ark. They also believe, that subsequent scientific studies should be undertaken.

Now, do you really believe all these people are lying to us? Do you believe they are setting themselves up, to appear as total fools as soon as their fake discovery is revealed? There is no logic to your arguement. And why would so many go to this much trouble for a lie? And please don't say money. These people will be total outcast, if they are revealed to be nothing but liars. And you do understand, that based on the size of this vessel, such a fraud would be impossible to pull off.

New Evidence Emerges in the Search for Noahs's Ark Ancient Wood Structure Discovered on Mount Ararat (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/ - broken link)

Last edited by Campbell34; 05-03-2010 at 04:55 PM..
 
Old 05-03-2010, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,373 posts, read 17,444,811 times
Reputation: 9792
How about addressing what I posted on the other thread Campbell...I've been waiting..

Quote:
The 5165-m-high, double-peaked stratovolcano Mount Ararat, also known as Agri Dagi, is Turkey's highest, largest volume, and easternmost volcano.
The initial stage of flank eruptions produced a cluster of cinder cones and dacitic-rhyolitic lava domes surrounding Greater Ararat and a series of pyroclastic cones and domes on the western flank of Lesser Ararat. Late-stage activity formed large pyroclastic cones lower on the flanks of the two volcanoes. Ararat appears to have been active during the 3rd millennium BC; pyroclastic-flow deposits overlie early Bronze Age artifacts and human remains. Karakhanian et al. (2002) reported historical evidence for a phreatic eruption and pyroclastic flow at the time of a July 1840 earthquake and landslide.

http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/volc...?vnum=0103-04-
 
Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,898 posts, read 6,030,722 times
Reputation: 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yes, it is a opportunity for some to make money. Yet from the years 1856, to 1993. There have been no less than forty people, which includes U.S Navy photographers, U-2 Pilots, Russians pilots, and numerous others who have confirmed that the Ark is there.
And based on their reports, there must be an entire fleet of Arks up there. They find them in completely different places, describe them in completely different ways, never seem to be able to go back and find them again, and invariably fade back into unsupported anecdote.

I have been there. It is the most heavily climbed mountain in that part of the world.

And yet still, all we have are stories. Lots and lots and lots of stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
So what are we to assume? They are all liars? Is that your conclusion?
That would not be my assumption at all. But it is definitely my conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top