Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 09:10 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

It should be noted that the English word "evil" has no Ancient Hebrew equivelant, while most English translations will use the word "evil," it is usually the Hebrew word ra, which is also often translated as "bad." In the Ancient Hebrew mind there is no such thing as an "evil" person or thing. To understand the words "good" and "bad" from a more Hebraic understanding, these words should be understood as "functional" and "dysfunctional". God is both functional (such as seen in the Creation story of Genesis one) as well as dysfunctional (such as seen with the destruction of the flood). - Good and Bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 09:12 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,461,611 times
It's in the Quran.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
It's in the Quran.
So?...

Old 07-28-2018, 09:29 PM

So I believe the Quran is God's word...and the Quran shows that Satan was disobedient. Further, what's in the Quran is backed up by the Forgotten Books of Eden (which SHOULD be part of the Bible) and the Book of Jashar (which also should be part of the Bible).

Old 07-28-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
So I believe the Quran is God's word...and the Quran shows that Satan was disobedient. Further, what's in the Quran is backed up by the Forgotten Books of Eden (which SHOULD be part of the Bible) and the Book of Jashar (which also should be part of the Bible).
I don’t think that the genuine book of Jasher is extant anymore...

Old 07-28-2018, 09:42 PM

Are any of the biblical books? I don't even consider what we have at our disposal "copies". But it's what we have to work with. In my limited readings of these texts, they repeat themes that are found in the OT...so I choose to believe them until I come upon conflicting information (the conflict being...text that's not in alignment with God's laws).

Old 07-28-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Are any of the biblical books? I don't even consider what we have at our disposal "copies". But it's what we have to work with. In my limited readings of these texts, they repeat themes that are found in the OT...so I choose to believe them until I come upon conflicting information (the conflict being...text that's not in alignment with God's laws).
Which is the Torah...

Old 07-28-2018, 10:05 PM

Whatever we're calling it...it's all from the same source. God had Enoch write 364 (I think) books, which were to be passed down through generations. If my understanding is correct (I don't have the text to reference right now), those books explained EVERYTHING about our world, time, the cosmos, etc. God always repeats things. Didn't Enoch live 365 years? How many days are in our calendar? Even though I think the Hebrew calendar is actually 364 days. See how all these themes repeat? I have a theory that those 364 books Enoch wrote are what make up the Bible (which contains Torah...yes) and Quran...those Dead Sea scrolls and goodness knows what else. 39 OT books. 15 Apcrypha books. 27 NT books. 114 surahs. That adds up to 195 books (if my theory has truth to it). Soooo...where are the remaining 169? What is in them? When will they be released? Obviously any books that are written for the time we're living in now...will be obscured or hidden.

Old 07-29-2018, 12:00 AM

16,752 posts, read 4,966,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
If one incorrectly believes that Satan was created as Satan (HaSatan) then one can make a case for stating the above.

However, people incorrectly assume that because God created everything he must have created Satan or evil. Yet only God, YHWH or Jehovah as transliterated into English, is described as perfect in the absolute sense.

The Scriptures are replete with references to perfection but it is perfection in the sense that God's requirements are met. Once a created being acts contrary to God's requirements or purpose for their being created they are no longer perfect.
Your however does not answer that John 8:44 has Jesus saying the father of the Jews is the father of Satan. John 8:38 says Jesus has a different father.

Old 07-29-2018, 12:07 AM

16,752 posts, read 4,966,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He actually said “Satan”?...
No, the passage says the devil.

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

But this is an English mistranslation.

In the Greek it actually says You belong to the father of the devil, ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality