Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
It says "in my name", and that means that you have to be "in the name" by adoption, which is called being born again in Spirit.
Presumably Martyrs5 is "born again". That's why I'm asking him to pray for an end to cancer. Jesus said he would do it...no questions asked. Not many hours left until 12pm now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyrs5 View Post
You are the one who is not telling the truth. I explained this in detail. You need to admit you were answered.
Well you gave an answer yes. That's not to say that I or anyone else is required to accept your answer....just like you don't accept my answers.

Quote:
No, but you are.

You need to be humble enough to admit when you've been answered forthrightly.
Where did I say that I have not received an answer? And why should I accept the answer anyway?

Quote:
It's time for you to move on.
Who the hell are you to come here with 20 posts under your belt and tell people to move on.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyrs5 View Post

This is but one more example among many and I know other churches and pastors could relate similar examples of God's care and concern for the needs of his people.
...but he can't make it rain in drought areas so that people can grow crops and prevent starvation. Obviously, your church roof is more important to him.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Does God still answer prayer like He did in the Bible?

The bible is fiction, why in the world would you think it tells you the truth??? Because it says so???? YEAH, RIGHT!
The God of the Bible is the real God. I recall after failing a job intervew years ago, I came home and began heading up the stairs to my bedroom. When I was half way up the stairs. God spoke to me and said. "Tom, you did everything except pray about getting a job." I don't know why, but I did not think so much about hearing God's voice. I did continue up the stairs, and rather then go to my bedroom I went into my mothers room. I knelt down by her bed and told Jesus I needed a job. I then told Him whatever happens now will be because of Him. As soon as I said the (A) of Amen, the phone next to me began to ring. While I was still on my knees, I picked up the phone and the man on the other end stated that he had just picked some paperwork off of his desk that I had left there from two weeks before. He then asked me if I could start work their company the next monday morning at 8 A.M. Since that time, I have had other encounters with God. The Bible is not a work of fiction, it is a book the wise will consider. And the foolish will dismiss.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:03 AM

104 posts, read 125,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet11 View Post
Martyrs5, I appreciate that you are Christian and therefore you believe 100% in the doctrine. Nothing I can say is going to change that. But I'm sure you're aware that there are people who view God differently than you, and their beliefs are just as valid as yours.

Your 24 hour "prayer" miracle in Africa...is it possible that improvements you saw were due to whatever you and other humans were doing to help while there?
It was far more than that. Suffice it to say that the supplies of food and medicine were brought and peoples lives were saved. And not only so it was not just in Africa but much the same thing happened in Haiti after the earthquake.

Quote:
Your lumber invoice...you said it yourself when you addressed your contractor: "Take what money we have over to the lumber yard..." It's not such a mystery really. Your estimate of $5,000 was high, and the guy made it work with what you had.
"The guy" didn't "make anything work" with what he had. The total bill was exactly what I put in his pocket. He didn't even know what was on that tally sheet before I sent him.

Your rationalizing doesn't explain why this kind of thing has happened so many times in our experience. When there is a real need we can pray with confidence that God will help and the help comes usually within a short time. It's a great and wonderful feeling. Sorry you have never had that experience.

Quote:
Anyway, this could go on and on, but it's unlikely that you will find any value in my words since I do not believe your Bible represents the word of God. It's fine with me if you believe everything you've been taught...and attribute everything that happens in your life as proof of your narrow definition of "God". Just don't try to tell others they are wrong about what "God's word" is, because you do not know.
You could go on, yes, but it would be a waste of time for I have an answer to prayer file that lists things we've prayed for (some of which I never told anyone, on purpose) that were answered in specific, detailed fashion. The simple request I made about my research concerning 'Lakme' has happened many times. God is real & He manifests His presence in many ways. I have described just a few of them. There will be more.

Quote:
P.S. Yes, I donate time and money to charity.
O.K.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The God of the Bible is the real God. I recall after failing a job intervew years ago, I came home and began heading up the stairs to my bedroom. When I was half way up the stairs. God spoke to me and said. "Tom, you did everything except pray about getting a job." I don't know why, but I did not think so much about hearing God's voice. I did continue up the stairs, and rather then go to my bedroom I went into my mothers room. I knelt down by her bed and told Jesus I needed a job. I then told Him whatever happens now will be because of Him. As soon as I said the (A) of Amen, the phone next to me began to ring. While I was still on my knees, I picked up the phone and the man on the other end stated that he had just picked some paperwork off of his desk that I had left there from two weeks before. He then asked me if I could start work their company the next monday morning at 8 A.M. Since that time, I have had other encounters with God. The Bible is not a work of fiction, it is a book the wise will consider. And the foolish will dismiss.
Amen, brother Campbell. God bless you.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...but he can't make it rain in drought areas so that people can grow crops and prevent starvation. Obviously, your church roof is more important to him.
Really?

You are wrong. I've seen Him do that also.

But His acts in such matters often depends upon the people in a given locality. If the majority of them are God rejecting sinners like you are...He may prolong a famine or drought.

The reasons for such things are clearly brought out in the Bible.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Well you gave an answer yes. That's not to say that I or anyone else is required to accept your answer....just like you don't accept my answers.
The answer I gave you was accurate and true.

Leave it.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Presumably Martyrs5 is "born again". That's why I'm asking him to pray for an end to cancer. Jesus said he would do it...no questions asked. Not many hours left until 12pm now though.
To the other readers; He was answered. But he is not honest enough to take truthful, bottom-line answers. So it is with skeptics who deny God.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Not a good assumption.

At least some of us have rejected that "revelation" as false in full awareness of the threat of an eternal cosmic spanking.
H-dude,
I answered you here -
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...scripture.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality